Top 25 Stock Duramax's

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
wow there's some serious butthurt going on here. I like how everyone jumps on this guys case becuase he went 11.9 but no ones seems to care about the guy/s who trapped 111mph!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Just say Congrats. :hug:

There are few if any permanent records. Weight reduction has ALWAYS been a part of racing, and nearly everyone does it to one degree or another for a new best.

If you don't like his timeslip, figure out how to best him.:thumb:

It's not like he was running 4500lb in a class with a 5500lb minimum, and nobody ragged on that guy.

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
Who's the first?

Kyle Strissel. He had an untouched truck other than a larger turbo. No weight reduction, stock untouched engine other than turbo replacement, stock pump. It was several years ago, on several days, with several drivers

wow there's some serious butthurt going on here. I like how everyone jumps on this guys case becuase he went 11.9 but no ones seems to care about the guy/s who trapped 111mph!

Not butt hurt, knew it was going to happen with efi live working on these trucks. Just technology at its best

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Kyle Strissel. He had an untouched truck other than a larger turbo. No weight reduction, stock untouched engine other than turbo replacement, stock pump. It was several years ago, on several days, with several drivers

There have been many many more in the 11's with an upgraded turbo, and stock turbo with nitrous:thumb:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
please dont lump me in with "no different that anyone else on here". i did not even come close to stripping the inside like you. i have run slicks, but not to make it on this crappy list. i ran dot bfg at's, not slicks. while i do think its bad ass that i believe your the number 2 truck to break 11's one one pump, one turbo, your truck in the pics above are far from "stock" for this list. IMO!!

Hell I went 11.84 on one pump and one turbo with stock injectors... It just so happens my turbo was an S475 and my pump was an LBZ stroker pump. If Moss is correct doesn't this make me #1 on this list? Haha

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
i didn know we were talking about spray, my bad

11.83 on 3 different days. stock pump, stock injectors. not that it matters.

for a while, the only other trucks that could do the same was several out of idaho robs camp with twins.

i was unaware that anyone else had broke into 11's on fuel with one pump and one turbo on FUEL. my mistake:hug:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Just say Congrats. :hug:

There are few if any permanent records. Weight reduction has ALWAYS been a part of racing, and nearly everyone does it to one degree or another for a new best.

If you don't like his timeslip, figure out how to best him.:thumb:

It's not like he was running 4500lb in a class with a 5500lb minimum, and nobody ragged on that guy.

Yup that's one way ! Someone with a regular cab should rip as much glass and sheet metal plus interior leaving a seatbelt and milk crate and sit on the top of this list until someone figures out how to safely lighten the frame! :roflmao:

For the record my butt ain't hurt I'm an observer at best of what others are saying and making suggestions! :)

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
i was unaware that anyone else had broke into 11's on fuel with one pump and one turbo on FUEL. my mistake:hug:

You would be surprised to know there are quite a few guys running 11's on single turbos and single pumps.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yup that's one way ! Someone with a regular cab should rip as much glass and sheet metal plus interior leaving a seatbelt and milk crate and sit on the top of this list until someone figures out how to safely lighten the frame! :roflmao:

For the record my butt ain't hurt I'm an observer at best of what others are saying and making suggestions! :)
You're being retarded, Mack. WTF do you care anyway? You don't even race your truck.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You're being retarded, Mack. WTF do you care anyway? You don't even race your truck.

I don't care ,why do you care that I care? I put a ROTFLYFAO smiley in there. It was a joke. Pardon me for exceeding my freedom of speech! :spit::rolleyes::spit::spit::spit:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I race mine the way I DD them, my 2007 has a Fisher plow frame, cables to the back for a bed mounted sander, factory hitch, rear bumper, full interior, skid plates, 1/2-3/4 tank of fuel, street tires, usually BFG 265's or 285's.

Weight reduction is drop the tailgate, spare tire and empty the bed tool box.

I run the stock airbox, no rail shim, no rail plugs, no ported fitting, just a 4" exhaust, Big Dipper trans, and tuning and a AD-II-165.

I think possibly the list should stay, it's racing, but maybe (*) the results like Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire's home run records........:rofl:

Maybe my 2007 will go on a diet next year......just seems like a lot of work to strip it and reassemble it for a weekend of racing.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I went back and read quite a bit over the past few days, looking over the threads here, at DP and at DC. We unfortunately never really addressed stripped down race trucks. Talked about them, not too much in depth though. Honestly, I dont think we ever thought it would be an issue in the beginning....I mean seriously, most people look at this list and say, "Pisshaw, what a bunch of idiots. Who in their right mind races a stock truck? Put a bigger turbo on it and run more fuel. " Also, nobody foresaw the 11.90 index class, which IMO is also helping encourage people to strip a stock truck and compete.

When Rony and Vince ran their times earlier this year, there was no real discussion of omitting them due to the gutted interior and use of LMM charger (Ok, I was skeptical), just lots of "congrats". Same thing with Charles....no apprehension (other than from me), just "congrats" from everyone.

If it were simply up to me alone, I guess I would ask what Charles ran before he installed the fuel cell and stripped the truck, and use that time as his official one. Same goes with Rony (before he gutted the truck) and Vince (before the LMM charger on his LBZ). If they lose their top spots, then thats just how it is. Seems the only fair thing to do to try to gain some control of the list back. This was really supposed to be about daily driven OEM trucks, not stripped-down race-only trucks that rarely see the street. BUT...its not up to me alone. Thats just my opinion.

Last edited:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I ran 12.18 with most of the interior in the truck. Only removed the backseat and pass seat. I did run one battery already back then, I think it weighed 6100 if I remember correctly. Same strip where I ran the 12.05 a year later weighing 5900.

I'm kinda interested to see what my truck will do now with the LBZ swap but you guys say I won't be allowed on the list like that so I won't bother trying, gonna run bigger turbo and run them 11.9's a little easier:thumb:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Charles says his truck is street driven all the time. That what i dont underatand about all this. So stripped interior makes it an race truck? Thats the dumbest thing ive heard in awhile. A built motor, turbo change, injectors, cp3 work, cage, slicks, ect would make it a race truck to me. Its a list, no big deal, u dont gain anything from it other then beating everyone else which seems to be the issue here. :confused:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Charles says his truck is street driven all the time. That what i dont underatand about all this. So stripped interior makes it an race truck? Thats the dumbest thing ive heard in awhile. A built motor, turbo change, injectors, cp3 work, cage, slicks, ect would make it a race truck to me. Its a list, no big deal, u dont gain anything from it other then beating everyone else which seems to be the issue here. :confused:

When you take every piece of plastic out and remove the carpeting, then yes....its a race truck. Thats not something you can remove and install at the track in 20 min, like the rear seat and pass seat. But for me, its more about the fuel cell. The "stock truck" OEM config was altered. I guess you just dont understand my point. What these guys did was impressive, no doubt...but its not in the spirit of what this was all about.