Top 25 Stock Duramax's

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
Weight reduction shouldn't be problem as pointed out there are Regular Cab trucks and Crew Cab trucks long beds and shorts. I say that with the thought the truck is still a DD and what is removed is capable of being put back ,truck is registered and insured.

IMO You start swaying away from stock when ever modifications no matter how mute is done to cram more air or fuel into the engine besides tuning! IE Turbo mods,piston mods, camshaft mods,head work etc etc . Shouldn't be aloud.

this is the pissin in the wind part. usually people had hp for dd. either big or small. usually hp goes up. on most dd trucks, so does the weight, tools, tool box, hitches, stereos. i understand what stripping weight does, but it seems its a big execessive now. maybe its just me, but its not what it used to be.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Weight reduction to the extreme of removing interior shouldn't be allowed. But that's my opinion, I'm not after a spot on this list. Weight reduction to that point is like a percentagr hitch. You could have bought a long or short whell base truck, live with what you have.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
rules

What happens when somebody shows up with no doors, no hood, no bumbers, no bed maybe no fenders, maybe no windows other than the front or maybe even cuts the roof of and runs it as a rodster? It would still be "Street Legal" but not really what everyone wants to see on "the lists" Carry on

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Weight reduction shouldn't be problem as pointed out there are Regular Cab trucks and Crew Cab trucks long beds and shorts. I say that with the thought the truck is still a DD and what is removed is capable of being put back ,truck is registered and insured.

IMO You start swaying away from stock when ever modifications no matter how mute is done to cram more air or fuel into the engine besides tuning! IE Turbo mods,piston mods, camshaft mods,head work etc etc . Shouldn't be aloud.

I agree with your first paragraph. As for your second, most of the mods you listed were not allowed from the get-go, pistons were decided in 2010. No fuel cells, no battery relocates, no completely stripped interiors. No F-ing Cheetahs (I kicked one truck off the list for that lie). It should be a true DD truck that can still be used as a truck. Tried asking this way back in 2009, and got nowhere.

Rick, its not worth it to go back and try to fix this. I blew it by being accomodating, and like in sledpulling...this was taken as "if it isnt in the rules, then its fair game".

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
What happens when somebody shows up with no doors, no hood, no bumbers, no bed maybe no fenders, maybe no windows other than the front or maybe even cuts the roof of and runs it as a rodster? It would still be "Street Legal" but not really what everyone wants to see on "the lists" Carry on

something i would of done with my stock truck the way things are or have been done now:thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'll tell you my biggest complaint about the list is the CP3 stuff. A guy can put an LBZ CP3 and/or regulator on an LB7 or LLY? That's crap in my opinion.

cwmeaux1

Dec 11, 2011
Carlyss, Louisiana
To set this shit straight this his how it looks and is driven by my wife, while i work out of town year round . I drive as much as I can when I am home and to the track, throw the slicks on it and race. No different than anyone else on here. I have put alot of time and effort in to my truck.to make it run the way it does, being limited to stock motor, fuel, and air. I think being in 11's limited is pretty damn awesome :thumb:
7BFB76A5.jpg

Still has ac, heater core and a stock intake, I live in south ac will always stay
68CFBF6B.jpg

Here is some seats i put and didn't put the rest of interior back bc putting a cage for safety soon
87BA538A.jpg

This is how it looked in ennis minus mirrors for 11.90 run
28E91551.jpg

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I say tuner, exhaust, intake, and lift pump only. Drive the bitch as is. Built trans will make a difference because TCM will read no slip and not pull power back as a stock trans. OK on built trans; nothing else, period. Leave truck the same as you drive it. No weight reduction. If these rules cannot be meat; drop the whole subject.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Problem is, whose gonna know if someone hasn't dropped their hitch, spare tire etc. Gonna need pics or witness to prove that....even then, people can still make shit up. Kinda hard to prove that......

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I say tuner, exhaust, intake, and lift pump only. Drive the bitch as is. Built trans will make a difference because TCM will read no slip and not pull power back as a stock trans. OK on built trans; nothing else, period. Leave truck the same as you drive it. No weight reduction. If these rules cannot be meat; drop the whole subject.

This right here would make it be a true street type setup for racing. I like it! I know others won't. Not taking away anything from whats been accomplished.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
I remember when we went 12.58 in charles single cab! Lol... STOCK TRANS, 6020lbs, stock everything with a lift pump as exhaust and a tune I emailed him while on vacation. That was the coolest thing. It went 12.58 and then slower and slower as the trans was giving in! Lolol. Brad built the trans and it went 12.20s... Then a lock up controller was installed and it went 12.00.... I just want him to turn it all the way up, cross the fingers and forget that a list even exist and let's see just how fast this truck can go stock! On top of the list? Sure it's cool, but personally, I just wana see the truck go 11.8s fuel only and set the standard for all makes. List shut down or up, I just want to see this truck kick ass!!!

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
So:
Tuning, lift pump, built trans, weight cutting, stock engine parts, gearing all okay.
Weight cutting will be impossible to regulate, so I say go nuts.
DD doesn't matter. This is the stock motor list, not the DD list.
Not okay: Engine mods above and beyond stock ie. turbos, cp3s, head studs, built internals, spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding porcelain.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
why whats wrong with doing that its still stock?

Not on those trucks it isn't. If you're going to use that argument, LB7 pistons are stock and so are LBZ rods. The way I see it, an LB7 has bigger injectors than an LBZ, but I can't get tips that have the same flow as an LB7 for my LBZ and still be stock. Why should one of the benefits of an LBZ be able to go on an LB7 or LLY but not the other way around?

Phooker over on Compd.

Did he post them somewhere or what? I wonder if he got a picture of the van.