Top 25 Stock Duramax's

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
IMO I'm sorry cwmeaux but that is taking weight reduction beyond what it should be. It's obvious the purpose of your truck is going to be for racing although you can still daily drive it if necessary or you feel like it. That's not what this list is about. It's about guys like Tom that really do drive it every day and have squeezed as much possible out of a near stock truck.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
A daily driven reg cab weighs about 6300 - 6400 lbs with a quarter tank of fuel, e-rated tires, the works, but sans spare tire. Ask me how I know. The ONLY thing that I have taken off my truck is the spare tire and it weighs 6380 with me in it, I'm 190.

IMO, a daily driver belonging on this list is a truck is fully stock except for lift pump, intake, an egr delete, exhaust and transmission. Throw a good tune in it and go. Also, it should be stock interior. It shouldn't be trailered, but should be able be a towing vehicle. It should not have fancy shocks on it, are going to tow a 16,000 trailer with QA1 shocks? Traction bars are okay.

I'm not saying this because I'm trying to get on the list and am not on it. I'm saying this because that's the fun of getting onto it. Nothing against cwmeaux, however, just like many here, I've been around drag racing a while. A tenth off of an already stretched out stocker .... eh, okay. However, at my weight and set up, I'm working on 100ths at a time, not tenths. This is the difference between a stock race truck that gets driven frequently and a stock truck DD that races when its able to get to the track.

There's one more race this season at Byron, I'd like to get on the list, but I'm not going to spend hours unbolting stuff to make the truck lighter just to get on the list knowing that I'll have to bolt it back on.

The truck runs a 12.9x @ 103 in full street trim, even the tailgate, without even lowering the tbars. Stock height truck, on ATs. 12lb launch and spring clamps. I think it's pretty fair being not in the competition tune.

Just sayin'.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
A daily driven reg cab weighs about 6300 - 6400 lbs with a quarter tank of fuel, e-rated tires, the works, but sans spare tire. Ask me how I know. The ONLY thing that I have taken off my truck is the spare tire and it weighs 6380 with me in it, I'm 190.

IMO, a daily driver belonging on this list is a truck is fully stock except for lift pump, intake, an egr delete, exhaust and transmission. Throw a good tune in it and go. Also, it should be stock interior. It shouldn't be trailered, but should be able be a towing vehicle. It should not have fancy shocks on it, are going to tow a 16,000 trailer with QA1 shocks? Traction bars are okay.

I'm not saying this because I'm trying to get on the list and am not on it. I'm saying this because that's the fun of getting onto it. Nothing against cwmeaux, however, just like many here, I've been around drag racing a while. A tenth off of an already stretched out stocker .... eh, okay. However, at my weight and set up, I'm working on 100ths at a time, not tenths. This is the difference between a stock race truck that gets driven frequently and a stock truck DD that races when its able to get to the track.

There's one more race this season at Byron, I'd like to get on the list, but I'm not going to spend hours unbolting stuff to make the truck lighter just to get on the list knowing that I'll have to bolt it back on.

The truck runs a 12.9x @ 103 in full street trim, even the tailgate, without even lowering the tbars. Stock height truck, on ATs. 12lb launch and spring clamps. I think it's pretty fair being not in the competition tune.

Just sayin'.

And that is what this top STOCK 25 list is or was about I thought. People who have tuned their truck and done little things to see how fast they can get or run.
Then drive it normally at is full potential as to why you bought it in the first place. Those that are building or plan on building a race truck IMO don't belong here on this list only because it isn't fair. I mean that with NO disrespect to anyone as it's been pointed out you cannot put down their accomplishments. They just need their own list!

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
X2. Very stupid. If it falls under the stock requirements and all u are doin is pulling stock parts off to make it lighter for the race shouldnt be an issue. Its smarter, and not being lazy. Everyone has the choice to do so, if they dont its there own fault.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I'll tell you my biggest complaint about the list is the CP3 stuff. A guy can put an LBZ CP3 and/or regulator on an LB7 or LLY? That's crap in my opinion.

This doesn't help anyways lol, didn't make my truck go any faster i can tell ya that! :roflmao:

And to the guys that are complaining about nitrous, there are no trucks on this list that were sprayed on their runs, if that was allowed there would be a ton more 11sec passes on this list lol

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
Here it is from page one of this thread....

Stock means no aftermarket turbo's, no modified stock turbo's ( like the Fleece Cheetah ), no dual fueler's, no oversized injectors, no N20 on the runs.

Built transmissions, lift pumps, exhaust, aftermarket intakes are acceptable, weight reduction as well as traction aided devices like Caltracs are also considered OK.

Hope that clears it up.

:cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding porcelain.

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
I don't see any problem here...weight reduction is free...anyone could do it...seems they got hurt for not thinking of it first :rolleyes:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't think anyone is hurt perhaps disappointed. Weight reduction is allowed but the question is to what extreme? When this thread was started no one expected anyone to "gut" their truck! But a spare tire,tailgate.

This list wasn't started for the purpose of a primary race truck but for some one who puts miles on there truck more so then 1320' feet at a time. Wasn't meant for people to put a roll bar in there truck but DVD screens in their headrest!

But as usual you will always have those that push the rules to the limit and ,I wouldn't say wreck it as the accomplishments are great ,but take it for what it wasn't intended for. Therefore people on the list feel it isn't fair. Or that is what it seems.

Who knew you would have to draw up a 20 page do's and Don'ts ! :D

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
To set this shit straight this his how it looks and is driven by my wife, while i work out of town year round . I drive as much as I can when I am home and to the track, throw the slicks on it and race. No different than anyone else on here. I have put alot of time and effort in to my truck.to make it run the way it does, being limited to stock motor, fuel, and air. I think being in 11's limited is pretty damn awesome :thumb:
7BFB76A5.jpg

Still has ac, heater core and a stock intake, I live in south ac will always stay
68CFBF6B.jpg

Here is some seats i put and didn't put the rest of interior back bc putting a cage for safety soon
87BA538A.jpg

This is how it looked in ennis minus mirrors for 11.90 run
28E91551.jpg

please dont lump me in with "no different that anyone else on here". i did not even come close to stripping the inside like you. i have run slicks, but not to make it on this crappy list. i ran dot bfg at's, not slicks. while i do think its bad ass that i believe your the number 2 truck to break 11's one one pump, one turbo, your truck in the pics above are far from "stock" for this list. IMO!!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
please dont lump me in with "no different that anyone else on here". i did not even come close to stripping the inside like you. i have run slicks, but not to make it on this crappy list. i ran dot bfg at's, not slicks. while i do think its bad ass that i believe your the number 1 truck to break 11's on stock pump, stock turbo, your truck in the pics above are far from "stock" for this list. IMO!!
Fixed it for you. Despite your opinion, the truck is stock.