Top 25 Stock Duramax's

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I think its awesome you ran that time Charles. I just had to bust balls a little bit. Congrats and keep going faster until she goes boom! :D

I think my rig was around 6400 for my pass, and it was on A/Ts with 1/2 tread. Wish I couldve got some sticky tires under it and did some airflow mods. I still had the EGR on it! :baby:

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
You guys do know that pic was a joke, right?

I knew someday someone would build a purpose-built race truck and make attempts to get into this list, and it happened (three times!). IMO, I dont think the three top trucks on the list are what you'd consider "Daily Drivers", no matter what they say, but it is what it is now. IIRC, the original Top Truck was not exactly a regularly driven truck when it made its 12.18 pass all those years ago. We tend to forget that. Frankly, I always though this was about pushing a stock motor, DD truck to its limits, with all the worry and risk that entails. It takes a lot of thought and work to go fast, no matter if the truck is stock or heavily modded. I dont like the battery in the rear, or fuel cells, or the completely gutted interiors, or the fact that there are some shops that are actually "sponsoring" some of these guys but what are we going to do about it?

We could start all over with new rules, but then the arguments start all again. Id rather just shut the whole list down, as its been perverted from what it was originally intended for.

i agree. its not the same anymore. and to think my run was with a true off the shelf computer before there was this thing called efi live(for duramaxes)

another vote to shut it down, its had its place...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Really? Who? If you're talking about me, that 12.28 was all stock LB7....which also caused my wallet to lighten from the rebuild that followed.

BTW, I was dead serious about not wanting to update the list anymore. Its not a lot of work to keep current here and at DP (I can tell you how I edit the table -- its easy).
The problems arise with the "what is stock" arguments that follow, having to be the judge of what is legal or not (of which Ive done a horrible job) and wading through the 40 posts of opinions to find the last updated list. :rolleyes:
Ken has it easy with the Top50 List compared to the fiasco this turned into. If nobody volunteers then I will ask for this be shut down, same at DP.

Last edited:

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
so your allowd a built trans, tuneing intake and exhaust? is that how this was intended to be?

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
yeah the weight reduction makes since, not every truck is the same and ext cab is diff then a crew or a single cab.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I feel for Tom. I started this mess. It was meant for daily driven work trucks. Mine pulled trailers and plowed snow all its life.

My mistake when starting this was not covering all the bases. There should have been weight limitations and more. Maybe Tom and I can work together and get some better rules for this competition some day.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I see nothin wrong with how it is right now. Cuttin weight the is part of the game, and how u drive it is no ones business. There should be a class then seperate from each other for cclb,ccsb,eclb,ecsb,rclb then.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There are certain things on the list I don't agree with, but weight reduction isn't one of them. It is available to anyone who chooses to do it.

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
Agreed. I will be running this weekend for my spot on this list..i ran yesterday on an 1/8th mile track a 7.50 with nitrous.. i will be removing the bottle this Saturday at byron illinois and be gunning to beat these times... i have some weight reduction done and am running a friends drag radials. I am extremely excited to see what it will do this weekend.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Weight reduction shouldn't be problem as pointed out there are Regular Cab trucks and Crew Cab trucks long beds and shorts. I say that with the thought the truck is still a DD and what is removed is capable of being put back ,truck is registered and insured.

IMO You start swaying away from stock when ever modifications no matter how mute is done to cram more air or fuel into the engine besides tuning! IE Turbo mods,piston mods, camshaft mods,head work etc etc . Shouldn't be aloud.