Well there goes my chances of 9s this year

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Yep left is new… I originally ordered the cp hybrid kit in January they told me 16 to 18 weeks… 18 weeks came they said another 15 weeks. So I ordered the pro hd last week and got them today.

Reactions: malibu795

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Tried to mock up the turbo oil drain before taking everything to the machine shop I didn’t have the front cover here so I improvised. Good spot or no? 71684962579__FD961439-B868-4CA5-9157-973745C2E864.jpeg

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Tried to mock up the turbo oil drain before taking everything to the machine shop I didn’t have the front cover here so I improvised. Good spot or no? View attachment 117872

That's where I put mine and it fits well.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Might be too late now, but yes, I put it right where IkeG suggested. 1.25" up from bottom of pan, centered in that valley. Had some family issues come up so engine is still on a pallet in my shop sadly, hoping to get it out to PA soon. Life just hasn't been cooperating with me recently! Best of luck!

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
That's where I'll be going when I can get out there. Having a wife and four kids under 12, life gets pretty crazy sometimes. Engine will get done when it gets done , as frustrating as it is sometimes that's just life. I use this acid cleaner for stainless steel to clean the oxidation after welding, it's called Wonder Gel. It's a picking gel. It's cleans aluminum really well too. If you're having a hard time cleaning the pan, give something like that a try. Best of luck on the new build! Was it a Racecast piston that let go on the last one?

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
That's a shame. I'm going with them on this build. I should of went with the Fingers Cast, but at the time i hadn't heard of many failures with the regular Race Cast, and I got them from a friend for super cheap. I did have them coated and am running a modded oil pump and LML cooling nozzles with an aux cooler. Hopefully keeping oil temps down as well as having more air than fuel will help. I'm limited to less than 1000hp due to non billet (minus input/output) in trans so hopefully theyll handle the 800 or so I throw at em. Did you end up running a set of Ross's?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
That's where I'll be going when I can get out there. Having a wife and four kids under 12, life gets pretty crazy sometimes. Engine will get done when it gets done , as frustrating as it is sometimes that's just life. I use this acid cleaner for stainless steel to clean the oxidation after welding, it's called Wonder Gel. It's a picking gel. It's cleans aluminum really well too. If you're having a hard time cleaning the pan, give something like that a try. Best of luck on the new build! Was it a Racecast piston that let go on the last one?
Aluminum cleans up well with sodium hydroxide / lye. That's what plating and anodizing companies use. I get mine at ace hardware drain cleaner department. Greased lightning and some oven/grill cleaners will contain lye in them too. I've used them all but prefer the powdered drain openers. Don't use crystal heat as it is not pure, has aluminum shavings, dye and other junk in it

Reactions: Ironworker15

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Thanks 2004lb7 there’s a true value 1/4 mile from my house I’ll look for that…. And I ended up going forged fingers… Jon had a set on the shelf he weight matched and cut reliefs in them I think I had them in about week.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
When the crank broke the first time we reused the rods and pistons I only had 60 over injectors and a 475 over a 366 I never really thought about going beyond what race cast pistons could handle or it was just bad luck lol

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Here's mine all welded in. Pretty low quality cast aluminum the pan is made out of. Hit a few pockets welding it in. Welded inside and out just for reassurance. I cleaned it up with a roloc disk before and after. I ran the Ac balance really low to help clean the cast. Not my best work, but it'll definitely hold oil!

Attachments

• KIMG7248.JPG
    KIMG7248.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 36
  • KIMG7251.JPG
    KIMG7251.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 39

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
That looks good! I actually just talked to the guy welding mine in for me I wanted to show him before drilling the hole I didn’t know if it would be a tough spot to weld between the ribs but I’ll show him this… thanks for sharing

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
No problem, it's not a tough spot, but not an easy one really either. Just have to burn it in there! If the guy welds alot of aluminum, it'll be no problem. I sanded the ribs down a touch before hand. Just make him aware that the casting isn't the cleanest and hell have to run more cleaning action than normal. Welding the inside wasn't really necessary but I figured it's a safe bet. Best of luck brother!