Well there goes my chances of 9s this year

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Who makes that one piece y-bridge? I've been thinking of making one for my truck, but wasn't sure how difficult it would be installing as a one piece. How's that one to install?

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
So I bought this truck back in 2017 it had the bed cut out hood stack twins on it already I have no idea who actually made all the pipes I’ve had a lot of it re done just because of the rubber boots.

Reactions: Ironworker15

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
And as far as installing it you can’t change the cp3 with the y bridge on the engine
Yeah I couldn't install my Cp3 with the HsP one I used to have either. I've been looking at a billet model by DP customs. The y bridge pipe comes in from the top like an LB7. Hopefully you can get this up and running before the end of the season!

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I just looked that billet one up that’s a nice piece… it would be nice to put an o ring flange right there at the end for the vibrant clamps to be able to remove the whole pipe easily..

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I just looked that billet one up that’s a nice piece… it would be nice to put an o ring flange right there at the end for the vibrant clamps to be able to remove the whole pipe easily..
It's designed to work with S400's.

His complete kit comes with a vibrant clamp at the inlet of the bridge. The raw bridge is left ready to weld a pipe on to make it fit your application.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
It's designed to work with S400's.

His complete kit comes with a vibrant clamp at the inlet of the bridge. The raw bridge is left ready to weld a pipe on to make it fit your application.
I've looked at his kits. They're definitely high quality. I just don't care for the aluminized steel they use. It will rust on the inside, especially where the weld joints are. There's no way around it , unless you coat the entire tube inside and out. I've had kits from other companies, and they've all developed surface rust at the welds. Which is what led me to start making my own out os stainless steel.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
I was really surprised when found out that all the major manufacturers of kits for these trucks use aluminized steel. More or less , plain ole exhaust pipe. I understand the cost savings, but having any sort of rust growth in an intake pipe or anything going into a spinning turbo just doesn't make sense to me. It wouldnt take much to destroy a turbo blade. Driving in the winter or in the rain especially I noticed the one I had rusted pretty bad , pretty quickly. Aluminum wouldnt be bad either. The bead rolled edges dont take a clamp like steel would, so Vanjen setups would be better. Did you do the work on your kit yourself?

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
No I have a buddy that lives close to me that is really good at doing piping and used to work for a company doing cages… he has a twin turbo bmw with an ls motor he built and did all titanium. I didn’t feel like spending all the money to change everything over lol

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Good friend to have. That's big money stuff right there! Titanium is 3x the price of stainless steel and more difficult to weld cleanly. Looks killer when done though. I've done a few setups for guys with it but I prefer stainless. Looks great and lasts forever. 👍👍

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Yeah it is. It's a little heavier than aluminum, but so much stronger that you can use less of it. .047 wall is pretty common. Would cost a small fortune to make a twin kit out of it.

Reactions: Bbuchanan11