Well I tried to meet in the middle..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Not at all, I was establishing common ground with the OP. Normally, when trying to help someone in need that is the first approach.

I posted our Customer Service Hotline Number above if you want to talk more.
Whatever you say. You have a history of bashing SoCal, and once again you manage to work in a dig at SoCal in a thread that has nothing to do with them. I have no desire to call you to talk about anything, but if you really feel it's necessary, my phone number is in my signature.

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
juddski88,

Here we go again. Your ignorance is absolutely amazing. You want to hold up your favorite engine builder/cylinder head porter as the best in the business, when you really have no idea what your talking about.

Even when the rest of the world has figured it out, you continue to drink the kool-aid and continue your full time job as a marketing representative for your favorite company.

Your continued attacks on SoCal Diesel are unwarranted.

Your behavior is like the kid on the playground that has to put everybody else around him down in an effort to make himself look good. :(

There is no such thing as less than stellar anything, that comes out of SoCal Diesel. I stand behind our products and machine work 100%.

Respectfully,

Guy Tripp

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Wow going hard at SoCal? They have a damn good reputation for a reason. A LOT of people vouching for them and their engines performing at the highest level of competition. Not a smart move. Like Josh said... SoCal has nothing to do with the OP or his issue. Funny thing is, the OP never even mentioned DTS name. The members here guessed and that can only be indicitive of a reputation or track record.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Not that I care either way as I have no ties to anyone buy how come the op doesn't just get a refund and the seller take it up with the company he bought it from. Like I said no meed to bash me im just curious. That would be my idea

02sfguy

Mar 15, 2011
my guess would be because at this point the OP has already invested money to tear it down and fix it correctly. Also the seller didn't intentionally screw him (at least it doesn't appear that way) and the OP doesn't seem like to type of guy to screw over the seller just to wash his hands of it. Now i don't know the seller or OP just getting this from what i have read and I could be wrong.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Sounds like there may also be another party involved. I feel for the OP. He's the one that got stuck with the mess.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
my guess would be because at this point the OP has already invested money to tear it down and fix it correctly. Also the seller didn't intentionally screw him (at least it doesn't appear that way) and the OP doesn't seem like to type of guy to screw over the seller just to wash his hands of it. Now i don't know the seller or OP just getting this from what i have read and I could be wrong.

Makes sense

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh

U could not be more correct. My builder was already elbow deep so I was already invested and felt it would of been more of a pain in the ass to undo everything. Not to mention there was a middle man. Just one big pain in the ass!!!!

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
As far as so cal goes. Guy has always been spectacular to me both from a parts perspective and customer service standpoint. No matter how dumb the question Guy has always helped me out. Not sure how they got in this discussion?

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
WOW! Again

Sorry to see you have problems with stuff like this. It's funny how many johnny come lately pro's the diesel community has. You have Guy's (pun intended)that have 30 plus years and you have 3 to 4 year old pro's who have it all figured out! The best of the best and nobody else can do it. lol It really is amusing. Sorry again.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Sorry to see you have problems with stuff like this. It's funny how many johnny come lately pro's the diesel community has. You have Guy's (pun intended)that have 30 plus years and you have 3 to 4 year old pro's who have it all figured out! The best of the best and nobody else can do it. lol It really is amusing. Sorry again.

Seems like just about everyone is operating a diesel performance shop in their signature these days.

:rofl:

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Well when you add up costs on pistons, rods, and other things its expensive to build our engines. I feel sorry for the op, it sucks and I hope you get resolution to your issue. I think about the money I have in my truck and im glad the engine, trans, twins, etc were all built well.

11STROKER

Forgive me if this is long winded, but the whole story needs to be made clear. The main reason for posting this is to see what other opinions are on this situation and how they would have handled it? Not to mention bring awareness to others about certain builders. So I purchased a completely new built short block from a member on this sight whom I will not name do to him being in my opinion innocently caught in the middle. The engine was built by a well-known builder that later sold the engine to this seller, that never managed to finish his project and sold it to me advertised on this site. Now this engine sat for roughly a year or two in the original crate of first shipment. This was a brand new build with zero miles on it and as I said previously had never been removed from the crate it was originally shipped in. Now let me be clear the way the engine was advertised made for a really great deal but the amount I spent was still a decent chunk of cash. The short block was full built with billet mains, Carrillo’s, forged pistons, keyed everything, main studs, dampener, flex plate the whole deal. I had the engine shipped directly to my builder who most of you know whom I’m talking about to be altered slightly for my application. Now upon arrival everything looked great on the outside, little did I know my build budget was about to grow significantly. When first disassembled the crank was immediately found to have two or more significant signs of unraveling in the journal surfaces and the crank was only partially keyed. After many back and forth discussions it was decided the only safe route for a high rpm engine was to install a new crank and fully key it. Now this was not the only problem, we also found gobs of thread locker in all the holes, oil pump was smoked (possibly due to sitting), water pump had no gear on it, and the upper oil pan was cracked and JB welded back together.
Now I brought this up obviously to the seller and after many discussions found that he had no intention on pulling a fast one on me, he really had no idea about the issues being he had never removed it from the original crate. To make a long story short I was not greedy and only asked to be reimbursed half the machine and parts costs for the crank, roughly 700 bucks which is not bad in my opinion. I was directed back to the builder and was told the builder would work it out. At first discussions seemed promising then I seemed to get the run around. The builder asked that I send him the crank so he could assess, because in his opinion it was usable. Now I don't know about him but I’m willing to bet any person on this forum would be pissed if they had a performance engine built with a marred crank. So getting back to the story I paid to have the crank shipped to the builder only to surprise surprise have him tell me he would have ran it. He continued to disagree with me and tell me how upset he was that someone else disassembled his engine. Now I don't know if it was really anger about someone else disassembling his engine or embarrassment about the issues it had, but I suspect option two.
So in an effort to empathize with the builder I once again tried not to be greedy and instead of asking for cash back I suggested parts at cost which would ease my pain and I told him I would run his company name on my truck as a sponsor so that both parties had something to gain from the dilemma being that he had a couple valid points however the engine was not sold as advertised.
Finally we had reached an agreement, or so I thought? After some phone tag for a week or two I reached him and he told me to call his sales guy and he would handle everything. I immediately called him and he said no problem call you back in ten minutes. Now fast forward that ten minutes was three weeks ago. I have been completely avoided and ignored since. I picked up my engine from my builder and this ordeal ended up costing me a little more than if I had started from scratch, not to mention the crank I shipped and now is in his possession that I technically own. So what is everyone's thoughts?? Am I way off base? I'm willing to bet if that engine was advertised with the imperfections found inside no one on this forum would have touched it with their buddy’s money!!!!!! This is most of the story as short as I can make it this evolution has went on for the last three months. IN MY OPINION 700 DOLLARS IS PENNIES AT THE END OF THE DAY TO KEEP CUSTOMERS HAPPY, COMING BACK, AND PUSHING YOUR PRODUCT!!View attachment 31574

View attachment 31575

View attachment 31576

View attachment 31577

Bill that statement is not true and you know it. David built that motor for rob in 2011, no the water pump gear was not there, and it wasn't there for a reason. that motor was assembled according to robs request, I would put that motor in my truck and run it no questions ask. As stated more times than once in this post "the crank doesn't look bad" no it doesn't look bad because it isn't bad and could be run with no problem in any application. The motor just happened to end up at another shop who is in competition with DTS and it was deemed " not worthy". I am the salesman you speak of in your post and the last time we talked you and David had come to an agreement and you called and priced some items ( which I priced at my cost) in order to keep you happy. You told me that you didn't have your credit card on you and that you would be back in touch. I have yet to hear from you in over a week and now a post on the forum. I was with a ford shop (Rudy's Diesel) for years and was deemed one of the best in the industry. I have plenty of industry credit just not on " duramax diesels forum" so if your going to get on here and talk PLEASE tell the truth

11STROKER

I personally don't think you're off base, I wild do the same thing. Is there any way the person you bought it from could put some pressure on them with any success?

How far away are you front the builder? Maybe worth it to go for a road trip is not to far. Not to specifically cause problems but to try reason with him face to face. If it does escalade then maybe do something about it:thumb:.
If none of that works then I would post the name of the shop on the forum here for all to see and maybe he'll change his tune.

I'm sure some people wouldn't mind helping you out there :D

Good luck

Yellowchevy

he is way off base because what he told you is completely not true. we will stand behind anything we build at anytime and always have. I have been in this industry a long time I am the first to tell you that mistakes happen ad no shop can prevent that, but I will be damned if we will be one of those shops that wont stand behind our work.

11STROKER

DTS is a bunch of hacks. They ripped my cousin for a few grand, then told him it wasnt their fault that the crank broke when the oil clearances were way too tight. Heads were stock and supposed to be his best port job. It had stock springs too. Shit was hacked together all over the place.

If that is the builder, good luck getting anything from Mr. Browning except getting told to pound salt.

we are not a bunch of hacks at all, you have been misinformed, and can you please tell me how the oil clearances were off? oh wait let me guess ... your cousin received the motor tore it down checked oil clearances, reassembled it and ran it until the crank broke? wrong, all of our engines are internally balanced and machined before they are sent out. Customers motors go through the same process as our competition motors ( which are very competitive) . anyone on this forum knows that if a crank breaks and things walk around ( which they do every time internals break) there is no way to accurately check clearances, therefore making your previous statement speculation. Also anyone who knows anything about diesel engines will tell you that any machining error would sure as hell showed itself within 10,000 miles

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Bill that statement is not true and you know it. David built that motor for rob in 2011, no the water pump gear was not there, and it wasn't there for a reason. that motor was assembled according to robs request, I would put that motor in my truck and run it no questions ask. As stated more times than once in this post "the crank doesn't look bad" no it doesn't look bad because it isn't bad and could be run with no problem in any application. The motor just happened to end up at another shop who is in competition with DTS and it was deemed " not worthy". I am the salesman you speak of in your post and the last time we talked you and David had come to an agreement and you called and priced some items ( which I priced at my cost) in order to keep you happy. You told me that you didn't have your credit card on you and that you would be back in touch. I have yet to hear from you in over a week and now a post on the forum. I was with a ford shop (Rudy's Diesel) for years and was deemed one of the best in the industry. I have plenty of industry credit just not on " duramax diesels forum" so if your going to get on here and talk PLEASE tell the truth

Well my friend the first place your credibility lacks is obviously telling the truth. I spoke with David prior to buying this engine and long story short every detail should of been explained about it prior to buying and the only details I recieved were the specs. No mention of the pump for electric use or anything else. You may stand beside the build and in your opinion it may have worked but I assure you no one would have purchased it knowing what it looked like inside. Let me repeat NO ONE would pay you 16000 for a engine in this shape. And if they do its because they do not know what they are getting. As far as your comment about my phone call and credit card you are full of sh--. You explained to me that you were down stairs and would call me back in ten minutes to give me pricing WHICH YOU NEVER DID. Then when I tried calling back four times over the next week including leaving a message i was sent directly to voicemail and obviously never called back. So feed us a few more lies. I have spoken with other reputable people that new about this deal. Plain and simple it was not advertised as sold and you should be embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.