Well I tried to meet in the middle..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I do sympathize with you man, it's never fun to deal with this crap. Give me a call today 413-297-4328 and maybe you'll get something you're looking for. Unfortunately this thread isn't going to give it to you.

Tim
This is the entire story minus the sellers name and a bunch of back and forth of one opinion over ruling another. The bottom line is I bought a improperly advertised short block for too much and went to great lengths to be very minimally compensated only to get the run around and ignored in the end. At the end of the day it is extremely bad business and a complete shame. But on a good note my builder did a remarkable job with it. Their attention to detail and great customer service is what customers deserve and the excitement about this spring has alleviated some of the cost sting. Thanks to Larry and Mark

Dozerdog74

Lost Cause
Sep 13, 2012
Montgomery, IN
This is a bad deal, my buddy used your motor as and example when I was talking to him about buying a built bottom end off this site. We had probably a two hour conversation on the phone concerning this, I will leave all the names out since I dont have a dog in this fight but I know the guys who had there hands in that motor now are top notch and you wont have any problems now. Sucks, just plain sucks.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Sorry to hear this situation dr. It sounds like you have been patient, honest, and willing to compromise. Reguardless of the original buyer, the engine had 0 miles on it correct? IMO it should be stood behind the original builder. Apparently he is not too proud of his work or he would be looking to get this fixed. The poor communication and run around you've gotten I know is so frustrating. I'm sure the original builder is just using the fact that you are the second buyer downstream to wash his hands clean of liability. Sorry for your troubles, I really hope you get it worked out.

On I side note I think it's a classy thing you've done your best to keep shop names and owners out of your post for the time being. I bet you're glad you sniffed around that engine a little more huh? Better to know before it went in the truck. Had you ran that motor, you might have had 0 chance of any potential compensation.

Last edited:

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
We pay alot of money for our engines. Most of us race for fun or pull, we fund our engines, turbos, etc. If you have zero miles shouldn't be any problems. Sorry for your problem.

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
If you were the original buyer, you could take the builder to small claims court, even if he's in another state. I've won three sc claims against big corporations, including Merril-Lynch. If you come prepared with sufficient proof, you are likely to win but it gets muddy since you bought it from someone else. Might be worth a try, doesn't cost much to file.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The pan is the factory coating that someone took most if it off. If you can feel the scratch it is too much. A scratch in the direction like yours would be the best of deformities. You don't want any across the journal front to rear. It doesn't look like it has been polished either. That should have been done as well. It is always not a good idea to buy motors used except for the purpose of rebuilding because you just do not know what you are going to get into. I agree the other crank is yours and the little you are asking is more than fair in compensation. Good luck with getting this worked out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I do sympathize with you man, it's never fun to deal with this crap. Give me a call today 413-297-4328 and maybe you'll get something you're looking for. Unfortunately this thread isn't going to give it to you.

Tim

Do you work for DTS?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Sorry to hear this situation dr. It sounds like you have been patient, honest, and willing to compromise. Reguardless of the original buyer, the engine had 0 miles on it correct? IMO it should be stood behind the original builder. Apparently he is not too proud of his work or he would be looking to get this fixed. The poor communication and run around you've gotten I know is so frustrating. I'm sure the original builder is just using the fact that you are the second buyer downstream to wash his hands clean of liability. Sorry for your troubles, I really hope you get it worked out.

On I side note I think it's a classy thing you've done your best to keep shop names and owners out of your post for the time being. I bet you're glad you sniffed around that engine a little more huh? Better to know before it went in the truck. Had you ran that motor, you might have had 0 chance of any potential compensation.

Thanks for the words and yes looking back im very glad we by accident stumbled upon the defects. The original plan was to run as is, but we decided to make a small change and this is what we found.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh

Tim

I appreciate the sympathy and honestly I did and do not expect to receive anything on account of this thread I just wanted to get my story out because in my opinion it was a raw deal, and the last thing I wanted to do was put the screws to someone. Situations like this suck for everyone, especially for those of us selling items on here. It makes everyone weary about buying. This is not the first time we have been burned here, this is the second engine deal gone bad. I appreciate the offer I'll try to give you a call when I get a chance. Working on my build as we speak.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I appreciate the sympathy and honestly I did and do not expect to receive anything on account of this thread I just wanted to get my story out because in my opinion it was a raw deal, and the last thing I wanted to do was put the screws to someone. Situations like this suck for everyone, especially for those of us selling items on here. It makes everyone weary about buying. This is not the first time we have been burned here, this is the second engine deal gone bad. I appreciate the offer I'll try to give you a call when I get a chance. Working on my build as we speak.

If you don't get the word out then it could happen to another member. :thumb:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
If you don't get the word out then it could happen to another member. :thumb:

This is true. And exactly why the itrader was installed on this board. Everyone needs to use it, and buyers need to check the sellers itrader feedback or ask for references. Sad it comes to this

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Sounds to me like you've been more than understanding and professional through your ordeal, but sometimes to get justice you have a make some noise. The squeaking wheel usually gets the grease. I know you don't want to be "that guy" that calls someone or a company out especially on a well known forum but sometimes its what you got to do. Its not so much to get what you want, but to protect others from making the mistake of dealing with said person or company.

It shouldn't have come to this, but any company who gives a shit about their product and their customers will do what it takes to make it right so that they aren't being bad mouthed in a place like this. When you spend that kind of coin on a built motor it needs to be perfect. I think you were being very generous in your offer to resolve the problem. The worst part of it all is you had an agreement, but then they backed out on you. If that's how they do business then I think they will be out of jobs before long.

I look at it as I may look like the biggest asshole or douche bag for calling someone out, but if it saves one person from dealing with a shady company or individual and getting ****ed, then I'm satisfied.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.

I know where you are at, honestly. I went through a similar ordeal with my used Allseason Motor that broke a crank after 1500 miles. I didn't blame anyone for the broken crank, I blamed the rest of the pecker tracks we found on him. Some of the less than stellar work was not even his, but instead Socal's. It's all water under the bridge now, I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars, and I have to live with that.
Call me soon bud.

Tim Judd
Freedom Diesel

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I know where you are at, honestly. I went through a similar ordeal with my used Allseason Motor that broke a crank after 1500 miles. I didn't blame anyone for the broken crank, I blamed the rest of the pecker tracks we found on him. Some of the less than stellar work was not even his, but instead Socal's. It's all water under the bridge now, I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars, and I have to live with that.
Call me soon bud.

Tim Judd
Freedom Diesel

I was wondering how you were going to work in a SoCal bash into a thread that is a black eye for your favorite diesel shop.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Socal bash thread? I am trying to offer some information to him that he may not be aware of that will help him understand both sides of the situation. Do you feel left out again? Sorry...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Socal bash thread? I am trying to offer some information to him that he may not be aware of that will help him understand both sides of the situation. Do you feel left out again? Sorry...

I'm just confused on how SoCal can have anything to do with a broken crank in your All Season motor, and I'm even more confused what any of that has to do with this thread. Looks to me like you're just trying to shift some negativity from your favorite shop (DTS) to you least favorite shop (SoCal).

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Not at all, I was establishing common ground with the OP. Normally, when trying to help someone in need that is the first approach.

I posted our Customer Service Hotline Number above if you want to talk more.

Status
Not open for further replies.