Top 25 Stock Duramax's

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Change the list to Top 25 Stock Turbo trucks and be done with it... these trucks aren't stock so everyone stop trying to single out Tom

Right! :thumb:

And for the record I'm NOT! I think it's assume he has his truck BUILT MOTOR BY HIM running so well. I wouldn't care if it was the Old Geezer (subby) on top my comments would be the same. :D

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
[/COLOR]
Tom, congrats on the pass. Thats moving for the stock snail. Some people cant go that fast with huge turbos.

Here's how I feel...If your motor has been taken out and opened up, its not stock anymore. My truck still has all the factory stuff on it, not even an aftermarket downpipe. Having cut pistons gives anyone a huge advantage. Same with nozzles. It should be stock motor/stock turbo/stock nozzles/Built trans/tuning/lift pump. If I had cut pistons I would be on the top 50 list. Its even pushing it with headers, up pipes and EGR delete. Heck, I could probably throw some 40% nozzles on, buy everything Rick offers, strip down to 6k and run 11s. hmmmmmmmmmmm...sounds like a plan :rofl:
My worthless 2 pennies.

Easy now

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Tom, congrats on the pass. Thats moving for the stock snail. Some people cant go that fast with huge turbos.

Here's how I feel...If your motor has been taken out and opened up, its not stock anymore. My truck still has all the factory stuff on it, not even an aftermarket downpipe. Having cut pistons gives anyone a huge advantage. Same with nozzles. It should be stock motor/stock turbo/stock nozzles/Built trans/tuning/lift pump. If I had cut pistons I would be on the top 50 list. Its even pushing it with headers, up pipes and EGR delete. Heck, I could probably throw some 40% nozzles on, buy everything Rick offers, strip down to 6k and run 11s. hmmmmmmmmmmm...sounds like a plan :rofl:
My worthless 2 pennies.
:spit:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
because im too lazy to search what mods exactly does he have?
He bent a stock rod and did a very mild build (keyed cam and crank, LBZ rods, delipped his stock pistons). He also did 30% injectors while he had the motor apart. The other mods are common bolt ons such as manifolds and up pipes, down pipe, intake, exhaust, lift pump, built trans, EFILive tuning, etc.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Are you guys really saying that cut pistons will make a truck run faster ? last i checked lower compression costs horse power ;) so injectors i can see the argument but motor it think is fair game as long as the heads and cam are stock .

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
As far as this thread blowing up I say all the babies have came out. :baby::baby: :D

Hey like I said I was just pointing out the discrepancy in the TITLE and or list! Why you (s) have to take it personal is typical. It isn't my list nor am I knocking anyones accomplishments. If you want to call your modified truck stock go right ahead. Fly shit I care.

FWIW LB7DIRTYMAX01 is 100% correct and that is what the list should be titled at. Top 25 Stock Turbo Duramax trucks.

All of it means nothing to me but if I had a unmolested "stock" Duramax I'd cry fowl if someone was running over-sized injectors, modded CP3, any port and polishing etc etc etc. Your either stock or your not.

It is fun and games no need to get your panties in a bunch. Just given a opinion. Not my list nor do I care who is first or last. But when i see stock I assume stock with a VERY few exceptions .

Have fun -> :baby:'s

:D

If my memory serves me Moss02 ran that time and ET at 131 dragway in 2006 when we all went to the MA-GTG, at tha time he was running a BD TURBO !

:eek:

I am sure that it was not stock because I actually let him try a tune back then and it ran just a little slower in his truck as the Xtreme did at the time.

;)

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
took the motor apart and didnt do any porting on the heads? i would have. but thats just me. i remeber some pms way back when wanting to make sure the 12.18 was run with stock nozzles or not. it was apparently a big deal back then. i cant remember who pmd me but it was several different people who were trying to get the info logged. i do know bigger nozzles will help slightly. bigger nozzles less pulse width better injection timing faster ets. we have better times with bigger nozzles on the stock system but i would rather let it die. every so often i still get questions about things that happened years ago and i swear i have to think about what i had for lunch today. this record stood for a long time. there is a lot of technology available now that wasnt back then. i do think faster times are possible.
thing is with this list is its like everything else,people take the rules and work every angle they can to thier advantage. have to ask yourself in the beggining would you have let the trucks you are griping about be on the list. if so let it roll if not it shouldnt be.
no matter what the decision is you wont ever make every one happy:):):D

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
so injectors i can see the argument but motor it think is fair game as long as the heads and cam are stock .

Agreed

If your going to push the limits with a stock motor something is going to eventually give. rods are going to bend, pistons are going to crack, cam & crank pins can break. Not worth replacing the motor with another stock one to do it again.

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Tom, congrats on a great run, with a motor you built yourself. Piss on all the "list" stuff. You did a great job building what you wanted, the way you wanted it. The only list you need to worry about is the latter(ladder??) at the dragstrip. :thumb:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
New best time

I doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I just ran a 12.254 at 107.26 with a TOTALY STOCK strait out of a junk :Dyard motor. It still has the yellow junk yard marker on the turbo shield to say's 6.6 duramax 60k! Now I will say my truck is 6k on the nose with me in it. It also works pretty good on the front half of the track. I run a 7.69 1/8 on that pass. If I could get it to back half like the front it would really run good. I also run a 11.628 with my little school boy nitrous kit. It was cold and had no bottle pressure(that's for you :thumb:Camo" and 3 passes running fri. night. So i'm pretty sure it will run in the 50's with stock everything. It's a lot more fun to make the most out of the least! It's about the challenge too me. Jeff

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I just ran a 12.254 at 107.26 with a TOTALY STOCK strait out of a junk :Dyard motor. It still has the yellow junk yard marker on the turbo shield to say's 6.6 duramax 60k! Now I will say my truck is 6k on the nose with me in it. It also works pretty good on the front half of the track. I run a 7.69 1/8 on that pass. If I could get it to back half like the front it would really run good. I also run a 11.628 with my little school boy nitrous kit. It was cold and had no bottle pressure(that's for you :thumb:Camo" and 3 passes running fri. night. So i'm pretty sure it will run in the 50's with stock everything. It's a lot more fun to make the most out of the least! It's about the challenge too me. Jeff
You need to go after the single cp3 record!

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA

Congrats :hi5: Where's the dang bottle heater? :witch:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV

Sounds to me like it's going to get a 2.6 turbo and be in Florida in Feb.:D Think I'll fly down and watch, we really missed you and camomax at the world finals in Topeka.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Single Cp3 record is deep in the 10's boys.

We are talking about actual dmax powered trucks from the factory. Not some tube chassis race truck that weighs half the weight and is specific for one purpose only.