Top 25 Stock Duramax's

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
Ported heads on a stock turbo truck I wouldn't think would get you much of anything being its forced induction.

you would probably be surprised, getting more flow will add power and dropping boost while maintaining flow will add power because the air will be cooler having not been compressed as much and there will be less wasted energy driving the turbine wheel to create bigger boost.

basically what I'm saying is even if the flow stays the same because the turbo is incapable of any more flow ( which I doubt) there will be a gain.:joker:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
You could look at it this way,

Does adding up-pipes make it not stock ?

Does a ported turbo mouth make it non-stock ?

Does adding a modified turbo compressor wheel make it non-stock ?

Does adding sticks without dual fuelers make it non-stock ?

Does stripping it for weight reduction make it non-stock ?

Stock could be viewed any number of ways ??

Glass is either half empty or half full, it depends on how you look at the glass, the water level didn't change !

:eek:

Slick

Jan 9, 2007
Its not how you look at the glass, Tony. It's what mods u happen to have on your own truck.lol

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I have said it many times and is still true , the 7's are deadly :cool2:

Trent cut the shit already... LLY's have always been the most feared with our smaller induction system, smaller injectors, and even our random goofy defueling issues :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
My opinion which means nothing IS :

If the title or competition is labeled as stock then STOCK it is. Since we aren't discussing stock trucks as rolled off the assembly line then the discussion or subject is tuning. Correct?

The ONLY allowable changes would be exhaust and PRE turbo air intake modifications and a lift pump period. Weight reduction is foolish to discuss as some people are tall, some short, some skinny, some fat.

If you have made any INTERNAL modifications to your engine then it no longer stock and that would include injectors,turbos ,porting ,polishing,de-lipping pistons ,etc etc etc.

Otherwise your running a modified Duramax not a stock Duramax. So they should be in a class of their own. So have a slightly modified list with what is allowed.

It Is What It Is!

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I don't have a truck in this discussion either but I agree with Mackin, you are either pregnant or you are not, can't be just a little. You guys had intake, exhaust, built tranny (Allison only), lift pump, modded regulator,tuning, suspension and tires. That looked pretty good to me. FWIW

Last edited:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Subman EXACTLY!

So the list should be "Just a Lil Pregnant Fastest Stock Duramax's "! :rofl: That is a perfect analogy wish I thought of it.

But in all seriousness In my opinion we are right. I also have no dog in the fight.Perhaps thats why we see it more clearly.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
You guys had intake, exhaust, built tranny (Allison only), lift pump, modded regulator,tuning, suspension and tires. That looked pretty good to me. FWIW

That is Wendy...Except still have stock reg and suspension. I'm actually surprised I'm still #12 after 2 years :coolspot:

I'm not pregnant either thank goodness :spit:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Good God, this blew up today. Im not going to even bother to read it because I know what its going to say.
"Blah blah blah, it aint stock, blah blah blah it is too blah blah blah it is not". Its like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.

You want me to put my truck back to #4? Just PM me and say so.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
It started with this
TheBac; said:
To be on this list you must have a stock motor, stock single CP3, stock injectors, stock turbo, etc. in a stock bodied truck on #2 only!
You even said this too
TheBac; said:
Still a stock turbo and CP3.....
RickDLance; said:
and injectors.
TheBac; said:
Oops..count me out then.
Now things change since you ran your current time

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Eh, it is what it is....

To satisfy the people who arent even on the list, let alone even trying to be.....

1) N20Dmax (Buck) 12.18@xx LB7
2) LBZRcks (Jason) [email protected] LBZ
3) RickDLance (Rick and TJ) [email protected] LLY
4) TheBac (Tom) [email protected] LB7
5) Moss022 (Jeremy) 12.34@108 LB7
6) twistedlogic010 (DJ) [email protected] LMM
7) skintback (Sonny) [email protected] LLY
8) Stingpuller (Jeff) [email protected] LBZ
9) DrHolliday (Chris) [email protected] LBZ
10) Dmaxchris (Chris) [email protected] LBZ
11) Tomac (Mike) 12.49@107 LB7
12) Kat (Kathy) [email protected] LBZ
13) llybully (Kenny) [email protected] LLY
14) duramaxgirlLB7 (Kelsie) [email protected] LB7
15) GMC-2002-Dmax (Tony) [email protected] LBZ
16) Redbowties88 (Beech) [email protected] LLY
17) rnolan (Ryan) [email protected] LB7
18) Carbon04 (Daryl) [email protected] LB7
19) UPnGONE (Scott) [email protected] LBZ
20) gmduramax (Anthony) 12.56@106 LMM
21) dirtymax1 (Justin) [email protected] LBZ
22) JST (Jeff) [email protected] LB7
23) smudge122 (Shane) [email protected] LLY
24) 06LILLY (Josh) [email protected] LLY
25) 4warned (Darius) [email protected] LLY (ZF)

Rules are back to what they were in the beginning. Happy now?

Last edited: