The new Limo

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I thought it may have been 16s but from what I gathered it was supposed to adjust the feel depending on the speed you were going. Quick and tight at low speeds but get heavier feeling as you got faster so you didn’t yank it into the other lane on accident in the highway.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Yes, it was switched over in 16 but there were problems. Mine was updated to the new steering box and it drives much better now, it felt like it needed a steering stabilizer before the new box...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This truck seems to attract disrespectful people....

Originally got a nick in the driver door half way up from something being thrown from another truck back in dec.

then come Saturday, had my sons birthday. Truck was in the garage, both doors to the garage shut and didn’t expect anyone in there. My dad decided he wanted to show his brother (my uncle) my new truck. My uncle goes out there, decides to lick his hands and put drawings on the windows. Least that’s what my dad said. Ok, what ever. Go out in the garage after the party and see he also decided to drag his hands down the bed as well. Dirty truck, corrected paint and his hands added some REAL nice swirls and light scratches to the paint. ****ing great. Lit him up like a ****ing Sobe bomb on the phone.

Then Sunday night, I take the Mrs out for a very nice dinner for our anniversary and we take the new limo. Seems someone at the restaurant couldn’t park and hit the damn front bumper of the truck. I even parked in the boonies!!!!

c080c588c3b7bd33ea65847506ae25d1.jpg

Thank god for the 3m wrap. Most of it wiped off but there is some good gouges in the wrap still that look terrible. Nothing got through to the paint atleast.

This is why we can’t have nice things in this world!!

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Damn james that sucks a big one. Glad it didnt get to the paint though.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
This is why I daily drive a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix. I'm always paranoid someone is going to wreck into my truck or Suburban. Sad that the vehicles I like the most, I drive the least. But like you say, this is why we can't have nice things :(

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You would think leaving it locked in your own garage, it was safe . I daily the tracker still but like to drive the new truck once a week or on special occasions such as our dinner. I don’t have car seats in the truck and it’s easier to get the kids in the tracker anyhow so the car seats stay there.

Think it’s time for a dash camera like fish just put in his. Wish you could hook into the stock cameras and use those! That would be neat.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
You would think leaving it locked in your own garage, it was safe . I daily the tracker still but like to drive the new truck once a week or on special occasions such as our dinner. I don’t have car seats in the truck and it’s easier to get the kids in the tracker anyhow so the car seats stay there.

Think it’s time for a dash camera like fish just put in his. Wish you could hook into the stock cameras and use those! That would be neat.

I hate people....

I put a Garmin 55 with the parking cable accessory and hardwired it to the sunroof for constant and switched power. It's decent for the price, but leaves a little to be desired on video quality while moving. I got it mainly because people were breaking into cars at the hockey rink I play at and so far they have left my truck alone.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Sucks. I want a camera too. I’m OCD about shit. I just jumped all over my tire shop for scratching my perfect chrome wheels. Cost them $1,200 to replace them. Plus $300 for the tire they ruined trying to repair it. Makes up of the last wheel of mine the scratched to hell putting hammer on weight on it when it’s on my account not too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well.... Made it 159 days on stock power (maybe a few more till it shows up) but i have a Derringer coming for the truck lol. Once it comes in and i play around with it, ill be headed out to feed my favorite sheep in cali :D. Mike got a new converter from Dave to try in the 10 speed so we will play around with that and see what it does.

if i drag ass long enough to get out there, he should have a valve body kit for it too :D. ill be very curious how the converter does and power does from a dead stop, wot. this thing is gutless there im sure to keep soot levels down on a tight converter.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Well.... Made it 159 days on stock power (maybe a few more till it shows up) but i have a Derringer coming for the truck lol. Once it comes in and i play around with it, ill be headed out to feed my favorite sheep in cali :D. Mike got a new converter from Dave to try in the 10 speed so we will play around with that and see what it does.

if i drag ass long enough to get out there, he should have a valve body kit for it too :D. ill be very curious how the converter does and power does from a dead stop, wot. this thing is gutless there im sure to keep soot levels down on a tight converter.
Sounds like a good plan James. Hope it goes well for ya!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
That's exactly why my 07 LBZ stays in my garage with 51,000 miles while I drive Whitey, my 01 single cab with 367,000 on it. I hate that happened to you, it seems like crap like that happens while it's new though.