The new Limo

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Just imagine how much better it would look if it was a GMC instead :roflmao:

But really, looks great :thumb::hug:

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
That's a badass rig! Love what you did with the wheel/tire combo. I'm amazed that people are still doing PCV re-routes. Does GM not know about this problem, not care, or is there no good solution given the current regulations?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks everyone!! Finally becoming “mine” so to speak

That's a badass rig! Love what you did with the wheel/tire combo. I'm amazed that people are still doing PCV re-routes. Does GM not know about this problem, not care, or is there no good solution given the current regulations?

I think they do, hence the catch can they added.

I’m going to reroute where I put my line though. You can smell the vapors bad coming from under the cab. I may put a Venturi tube in the exhaust after the dpf and run the line to it. Just concerned under regen that it will get hot enough to melt the hose. This stuff is only good for about 300*

Just imagine how much better it would look if it was a GMC instead :roflmao:

But really, looks great :thumb::hug:

As I told Sean burger, you can’t make perfection any better

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
Ahh I see, didn't know they added a catch can. Too bad they didn't engineer it well enough so that people wouldn't be smelling oil vapors in the cab of their brand new truck. At least you're fortunate enough to be able to solve problems like that quickly and easily.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ahh I see, didn't know they added a catch can. Too bad they didn't engineer it well enough so that people wouldn't be smelling oil vapors in the cab of their brand new truck. At least you're fortunate enough to be able to solve problems like that quickly and easily.

They did, but it ran into the intake of the turbo which still sees enough oil vapor to cause a nasty mess after miles are racked up on the engine. I left the catch can but routed the tube under the cab, mistake under my own part.

Funny thing, this thing has more vapor out the hose than my built motor.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Can you plumb it into the exhaust or would you be worried about the DPF?

That’s what I’m thinking but post DPF. It’s just the heat transfer that can travel up to the hose I’m concerned with but might be over thinking it too

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
You could go the same route as a drive pressure gauge but instead of coiling the tube just make it 3’-4’ long. Might provide enough heat dissipation.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You could go the same route as a drive pressure gauge but instead of coiling the tube just make it 3’-4’ long. Might provide enough heat soak.

Yes sir! Kinda what I was thinking.

I’m curious if I put it in front of the filters, if it would burn it off or gum it up.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Why not just run an LS catch can and run it back into intake?

if it was straight into an intake manifold, i would. running oil vapors (still going to have oil in the air no matter what) through the turbo, into the intercooler, then down into the intake manifold mixed with EGR gasses doesnt sit right with me.

the venturi tube into the exhaust is easy enough. just need to order the stuff.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I know dozer, you say it every time .

I was going to add I love it from the side but forgot too. Lol

Does the truck have any glitches that you notice electronics wise? Seems like all the 15-19 trucks I’ve been in act screwy or maybe that’s how they are programmed. Mostly it seems to be around using your phone through the blue tooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
None thus far. Everything is pretty smooth and working well. Only thing that’s a little annoying is when you first get it, the truck is set to go to the factory chevy profile (setup home screen, radio stations, truck features and so on) and then has to load my profile each time. You can’t delete the Chevy profile. Sometimes it’s a quick load and you ne er notice, other times a different radio station is on for a split sec, drops out, screen says loading profile, then everything is up and running. Honestly, just a tiny thing that bugs me.

I did notice the steering is super strong and sensitive as I’m getting steering feed back/shake through the wheel at about 40-50mph. Did it with the factory wheels and tires for about 700 miles and then smoothed out. New tires may need to wear in a bit. She turns the 35s at a stand still on and the brakes like nothing. Super nice when backing in my hauler

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
What is the steering setup? Didn’t the 17s go to some sort of electric hybrid or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk