The new Limo

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What’s the mileage with the new 37’s? Crazy they can fit them with just a minimal level.

That’s 100% stock height, no level (I lowered the front back down when I had to go back in for some warranty work).

So far, I’ve dropped about 1-2mpg based on the cluster. No hand calc yet. I figured I would with the added rotating mass and tire size increase

X3 on missing Mike.

Thats very interesting that 37s fit with no rubbing.

You need a much larger garage.

Got one, it’s just detached

d5f5d2de04b0f2da21721a3c405238d4.jpg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You had trouble with the converter?

Caused injector timing codes but didn’t realize that was the issue for a year after trying all kinds of shit.

Finally threw a theory out to fastpunker (my buddy) to see if my theory held water and sure as shit, it did. He’s an engineer for one of the big three and has friends he can talk to about this stuff

Basically, the l5p runs an injector timing test when you do a decel from highway speeds. This makes sure as injectors wear, timing still stays correct per cylinder and power is balanced in each cyl. In order to do this, GM needed more resolution on the crank, hence the crank sensor at the back of the engine on the flexplate. Now it can see small amounts of engine acceleration or deceleration in comparison to the front on the little reluctor of previous gens. So during that decel, a small amount of fuel is shot in and the ecm is calculating how quickly the engine accelerates under the firing event to make each cylinder fire and accelerate at the same speed (thus changes timing) but you don’t ever feel it since it’s so small and so fast.

The problem is, when you attach a 15lbs heavier mass to the back of the crank (billet triple disc converter), guess what, the engine no longer accelerates from the preprogrammed small amounts of fuel shot in so the ecm keeps retarding timing looking for crank acceleration but it never happens.

So I had to convince Mike of this theory and I bought another stock converter. We put it in and I never got another code. Also come to find out, many tuners just turn these codes off as tunes can screw with this.

The triple disc is also a VERY harsh lockup in the 10 speed. Dave had some other clutches he wanted to try but I don’t think the converter made it back before Mike passed.