First aluminum duramax rod!!

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Wade,

I was impressed when we discussed this a while back.

I am salivating at this point!!

Those rods look sweet, good luck! Look forward to new stuff.:)

O/T- got 200 miles on the truck here.... counting down.

Last edited:

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Wade,

I was impressed when we discussed this a while back.

I am salivating at this point!!

Those rods look sweet, good luck! Look forward to new stuff.:)

O/T- got 200 miles on the truck here.... counting down.

I really think great things will come out of your engine this year, i like the build up. Almost ready to push the big red button?......:D

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
I really think great things will come out of your engine this year, i like the build up. Almost ready to push the big red button?......:D

Not quite yet... she spools early and well may be able to street the 80 mm easy. to early to tell for sure.:D

Last edited:

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
My motto is to drive it like you stole it, after you build the engine for performance. Thats what we built these for right. 50-100mile is plenty of break in.

You did not build a toyota engine, you built a performance duramax.....Send Her Full Throttle !!!!! :rofl:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
My motto is to drive it like you stole it, after you build the engine for performance. Thats what we built these for right. 50-100mile is plenty of break in.

You did not build a toyota engine, you built a performance duramax.....Send Her Full Throttle !!!!! :rofl:

ur right! i have punchlist stuff unfinished though. (I had the cab off this thing)

I have a vibration i can't find, been hunting it for 2 days. I think i have it narrowed down to the power steering pump or the 2nd CP-3. No "growling" just the vibration of a bad pump.

When do you think you'll be de-bugging your project?

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
ur right! i have punchlist stuff unfinished though. (I had the cab off this thing)

I have a vibration i can't find, been hunting it for 2 days. I think i have it narrowed down to the power steering pump or the 2nd CP-3. No "growling" just the vibration of a bad pump.

When do you think you'll be de-bugging your project?

ill post pics of the progress as it comes together on dmax central, but to answer it's still in the chassis shop getting the linco mounts put in. and a few other goodies. Should be up and race ready some time in may. Engine and all!

I guess most dont know me that well but im serious about racing and winning. With the help of some of the best names in the industry i think we will have a package that even Banks cant touch!!

Im going for the Gold babe.....:driving:

Last edited:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
ill post pics of the progress as it comes together on dmax central, but to answer it's still in the chassis shop getting the linco mounts put in. and a few other goodies. Should be up and race ready some time in may. Engine and all!

I guess most dont know me that well but im serious about racing and winning. With the help of some of the best names in the industry i think we will have a package that even Banks cant touch!!

Im going for the Gold babe.....:driving:

I'll be looking for it. :D

Working with Curtis?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
attachment.php
like this

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
I'll be looking for it. :D

Working with Curtis?
You bet!! Though it has nothing to do with the rods,

Curtis, has been a huge help with this project, and the best part is that he really wants to see us succeed this year, like this is his own truck, very few opperate that way!

Last edited:

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Finite analisis, meturaligist and the rod manufacture say it will hold the HP from a top fuel engine. So about 6-8000HP :D

But HP is not the killer of anything, it's the tuning and TQ output a engine makes that breaks things, the elongation of the rod is the biggest concern, not compression like most think, that has also been adressed with our new piston assembly design. like i said on the other forum, we lost 15 lbs over stock in the rotation assembly and gained strength over what is availible today with current aftermarket parts, the issue is now for how long can it resist enlongation.

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Finite analisis, meturaligist and the rod manufacture say it will hold the HP from a top fuel engine. So about 6-8000HP :D

yeah well FEA, metaluralogists, and the designer said DuramaxTuners rods would hold 800rwhp reliably. Those POS's broke and effed my motor at less than 575.

I hope these rods turn out well for you, but personally I wouldnt touch any rod that hasnt been proven in the competition scene at extreme hp levels for at least 2 or 3 years (crower, TTS, carillo)

ben

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
did my own math..... 8000hp at 8500rpm = 4943 tq! woah

lets see somebody break these suckers!!!!!!!!!

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
yeah well FEA, metaluralogists, and the designer said DuramaxTuners rods would hold 800rwhp reliably. Those POS's broke and effed my motor at less than 575.

I hope these rods turn out well for you, but personally I wouldnt touch any rod that hasnt been proven in the competition scene at extreme hp levels for at least 2 or 3 years (crower, TTS, carillo)

ben

Exactly why im not going to market them untill i know they work with my application. So if i get a full season out of them i'll be very happy.

Estimated HP will be about 1500+ @ the crank.

But again there only for Race only engines, and Will need to be replaced once a season, and you know as well as i do rods and a complet teardown is not cheap!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

ben

Somebody has to try them to see if they work or not right. That's how things are proven. As stated, this is not for a DD application.

Which leads me to believe that the duty cycle is not very high seeing as only a seasonal life expectancy is all they are likely to last for. I can't see them being cost effective-at least not until putting Top Fuel Dragster rated parts in diesels starts netting Top Fuel Dragster money!:D

But who knows, other good may come out of this. If the rods hold up to the torque and HP estimated to be thrown at them, at least it will give a chance for the rest of the drivetrain to start failing and start recieving improvements as well!!