Banks Call Out Scheid/Hypermax/Wade For NHRDA Season Opener

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I hope Banks kicks every ones ass out there. :thumb:

Im willing to bet they are going to....easily.

Gale Banks knows what the records are. He also knows exactly how the competition performs. Knowing that, he came out and pretty much said "we are gonna kick everyones ass real quick." He is very confident for good reason. Hes probably already beat all the records on a closed private track.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
People can say what the want about Banks. Nobody is perfect.

They have been nothing but kind to us:hug:

They returned the check I wrote to cover our part of the TnT in AZ the year we lost the water pump and couldn't compete the next day with a note from Gale to use the funds to make Casper better.

When they heard Pat was having problems Casper at Famoso they sent several of their race team over to help.

That is just to name a few :D

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Banks is still the "fastest smokeless out the pipe" diesel dragster period. (Only tire smoke)
I feel they will take down the overall record though.
But then again Cummins 6.7 engines are making 2500-3000hp
So only time will tell

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Banks is still the "fastest smokeless out the pipe" diesel dragster period. (Only tire smoke)
I feel they will take down the overall record though.
But then again Cummins 6.7 engines are making 2500-3000hp
So only time will tell

That's not a record, I suppose we could add qualifiers to anybody and they'll be the fastest. I wish they'd stop polluting with all of that rubber particulate:)

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
They called out everyone and then didn't show? Thought they had two cars they were going to bring.....:WTF2: Did they blow both engines on the dyno?

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Banks was only going to bring the dragster and they hurt it on the dyno before the race. Wade Moody wasn't there nor did he ever say he was coming to my knowledge.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Casper's been out for a long time, would take a little doing, and yes agree it is better suited for Super Street unless it has been seriously modded in body and suspension.

Naw, the body, suspension, and trans are GM parts. It would be SS unless the rules prohibit the gutted interior which had to be done to tech at Bonneville.

I need to get it smogged, but it's still registered and insured. It's just a single seater now.

Yeah, it sucks that Banks didn't make it out. Regardless of what the Hater's say, they are good for the events. The put on quite a show, and are friendly and helpful. They don't even demand special rules as blackmail like some "big name" teams do.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Banks was only going to bring the dragster and they hurt it on the dyno before the race. Wade Moody wasn't there nor did he ever say he was coming to my knowledge.
So did they change their mind on this?

Also coming out of retirement is the Banks S-10 Sidewinder Prostock truck which will also attend and compete in the NHRDA event.