Allison Trans-Brake

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike Graves might be a great tester Andrew. I'm sure Evan has mentioned this already. Be interesting to see if his ET changes.:thumb:

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
You could even incorporate launch control in it...so when certain parameters are met, the box releases the trans brake, and away you go.

This would do away with the purpose of the trans brake. You want to let go of the button when you feel it is time to take off, not when the truck thinks you want it to go. A simple push button would work, just mount it somewhere you won't be prone to hitting it on accident.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
A proven truck with a lot of passes will be the best test for the trans brake. Mike Graves would be a great option especially with his last three passes being all 10.13's at two different tracks his fourth pass was a 10.20 but it's just not in the cards. The trucks Andrew has lined up will be perfect for testing and i'm looking forward to the results. I think in the right applications this is going to be a great option. However I think for those people with everyday street trucks who don't have a transmission setup for the trans brake it would be a short lived experience for them but time will tell.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
This would do away with the purpose of the trans brake. You want to let go of the button when you feel it is time to take off, not when the truck thinks you want it to go. A simple push button would work, just mount it somewhere you won't be prone to hitting it on accident.

x2
You would actually want the opposite. If certain parameters are not met it won't engage for the safety factor - no matter what the position of the switch is.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

At the very least, you would need to have some sort of smart box that requires 0 mph and foot brake applied to engage it....

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Why? There's no need for a foot brake when you're using a trans brake.

I think he means those are the requirements to set the trans brake, that way if you accidentally hit the switch while cruising you wont implode your tranny.

Same way his lockup box takes you back out of lockup when you get off the throttle. Its simple fail safe methods like this that keeps shit from breaking.

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
Andrew has already stated there are requirements needed before it will engage. Like truck must be stopped which more than likely is so it'll hold 1st gear along with others... and like said you are going to need one bad a** trans to live. Good planetaries will be a must.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Andrew has already stated there are requirements needed before it will engage. Like truck must be stopped which more than likely is so it'll hold 1st gear along with others... and like said you are going to need one bad a** trans to live. Good planetaries will be a must.

Planets should not have anything to do with it as they are all the same strength.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Andrew also said don't accidently hut the switch when moving or you are going to have a really bad day. That implies it would apply and really screw up a lot of things.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Andrew also said don't accidentally hut the switch when moving or you are going to have a really bad day. That implies it would apply and really screw up a lot of things.

This will be taken care of with the controller we will be testing. There will be no way to activate the switch again until it is reset by the user.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
That is good for the fail safes. That us what Ben was getting to I believe. Are you going to try this on your truck or did you concert to the Dodge tranny?

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
That is good for the fail safes. That us what Ben was getting to I believe. Are you going to try this on your truck or did you concert to the Dodge tranny?

My truck has been sold and the motor will be going in a 2wd. This will be going in a built LMM we have at the shop and we have a truck coming at the end of the month

c0ncEpT

Jan 2, 2012
Michigan
Loving the progress.

The bump box integration is an excellent idea. No longer will it take 20 minutes to stage a diesel truck :roflmao:

Will your brake be 1st gear only or is a 2nd gear launch possible?