Allison Trans-Brake

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I decided to move this over to my SunCoast section to post updates easier.

Our initial testing went great and the Trans brake performed as intended. However, there was a cell. Over the weekend we looked into it a little deeper and came up with the solution. Testing commenced this morning and with much excitement, NO cel!

The last few videos are of the new no cel testing

Truck is a 2005 LLY dually with 24' american force wheels, s475 over stock twin kit, NO fuel mods, EFI live, built trans 1057 converter. Sorry for the focus in the vids but i couldn't find our go pros in time. You can see that i'm easily bringing it up to 2500 RPM and have brought it up to 3100 as well ( all with the 1057).

The TB Valve body we are testing in the videos is a 5 speed, we have a 6 speed built as well and will be testing that this week. We also have a controller coming to test with the VB and if all works well, these might hit the market sooner than expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y7WwdCoZHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8WjBvjstNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axQ-iMIxQ1w

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Andrew, could this be done in a truck that wasn't track only? Being that I have no idea what you guys did internally, I just want to know if it will drive normally otherwise.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Andrew, could this be done in a truck that wasn't track only? Being that I have no idea what you guys did internally, I just want to know if it will drive normally otherwise.

The truck will drive completely normal with the TB VB. The brake is all modifications done to the VB. So to answer your question, you can put it on any truck. Just hope you never hit the switch while you are moving. Your day will go south very quickly

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
So, your saying it is not like the Powerglide T brakes that need to be in 1st gear to operate Where reverse and 1st gear are forced together and when u release reverse backs off? this can be activated in any gear selection?

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
So, your saying it is not like the Powerglide T brakes that need to be in 1st gear to operate Where reverse and 1st gear are forced together and when u release reverse backs off? this can be activated in any gear selection?

I'm saying that currently with the revision we are working with you need to be at a Complete stop before activating the brake. This doesn't rule out the possibility of a revision with fail safes in place but it's going to take some time

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
I like how this was dead for years then someone gets a wild hair to try it again and boom success. I hope this project continues to be a success.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
As of now, is there any speculation as to what it will cost to add this to an already built trans? Or just a price in general? I'm guessing you will require a core charge on the purchasers original valve body?

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Well I just sold my slicks and am turning my truck from 2wheel to 4wd. This sounds great for either but this should really help out a 2wheel truck to get consistent launches. Sounds great.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Well I just sold my slicks and am turning my truck from 2wheel to 4wd. This sounds great for either but this should really help out a 2wheel truck to get consistent launches. Sounds great.

Will the truck be ready for Ennis this next month?

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I like how this was dead for years then someone gets a wild hair to try it again and boom success. I hope this project continues to be a success.

That's just hot things go i guess. Get frustrated, walk away, lose interest revisit at a later time with a better plan of attack. It worked when it was first developed but now it works even better.

As of now, is there any speculation as to what it will cost to add this to an already built trans? Or just a price in general? I'm guessing you will require a core charge on the purchasers original valve body?

No impact no idea on cost. Core charge is a must 100%. We really haven't looked to far into pricing and such as we haven't rapped up testing. Remember, this is still a very early phase in testing and we are waiting for a few other pieces of the puzzle to complete the package. Once we have it the way we want it, we'll sit down and see what we have into it and where the price margins are at

Dbucholtz55

May 10, 2014
so excited for this andrew please keep us in the loop. this is a huge step for the allison. are you looking to keep the switch in toggle switch or more like a box like a lock up box and also how will this react with a lock up box?
sorry for all the questions know your just getting it going but excited for this