Allison Trans-Brake

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
so excited for this andrew please keep us in the loop. this is a huge step for the allison. are you looking to keep the switch in toggle switch or more like a box like a lock up box and also how will this react with a lock up box?
sorry for all the questions know your just getting it going but excited for this

We are looking to integrate a bump box type switch but nothing is set in stone yet. Still have testing to do

Dbucholtz55

May 10, 2014
would be sweet if you could do something like a bump box…
going to be in the sunshine state soon would love to come check out your guys place herd it awesome

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
would be sweet if you could do something like a bump box…
going to be in the sunshine state soon would love to come check out your guys place herd it awesome

I'd wait a little while, we are in the process of moving into our new 68k sq ft facility and things are a little hectic! but the new place will def be something to look at!

Dbucholtz55

May 10, 2014
got ya we come down two to three times a year but i also need to get with someone at sun coast for a trans refresh kit can you take care of that

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I'm saying that currently with the revision we are working with you need to be at a Complete stop before activating the brake. This doesn't rule out the possibility of a revision with fail safes in place but it's going to take some time

Why not just build a little box that monitors VSS, brake pedal, throttle pedal, and boost?

That would be super super easy to make and provide lots of fail-safes.

You could even incorporate launch control in it...so when certain parameters are met, the box releases the trans brake, and away you go.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Ben you make it sound like it's as easy writing your name, some of us aren't as skilled as you with electronics :)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'd wait a little while, we are in the process of moving into our new 68k sq ft facility and things are a little hectic! but the new place will def be something to look at!

Congratulations to everyone there. Always a good thing to hear a business doing well. :) Good luck with the move.

Why not just build a little box that monitors VSS, brake pedal, throttle pedal, and boost?

That would be super super easy to make and provide lots of fail-safes.

You could even incorporate launch control in it...so when certain parameters are met, the box releases the trans brake, and away you go.

Maybe you could sub-contract with them?

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
Asking the same questions isn't going to make the price any cheaper.. Hold your horses and wait[/QUOTE
hold my horses!!!!!! Its the people out here that FUND these new things. I am not asking to get the price cheaper, I asked because I never asked before WHY you would quote this is beyond me Do I know you???

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
All Andrew from SC said is "let us develop it and go from there, no pricing as of yet.

I was referring it towards you when I said hold your horses and let it run, not "volunteer my truck!!" "how much is it!!" It's still in the testing/braking stages.

Just hang out and read the results, I know I don't want to be the first letting go of that button and holding my nitrous button at the same time, im sure you wouldn't either.

Im sure Andrew/SC will post their results as they already have, good or bad. :hug:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
This is awesome! Something many people said would never work. Great job fellas, I hope it continues to work right without much damage. Btw how much will these cost?

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
When I first asked the trans brake question I got a FIRM NO but after some time the thread opened up and here is where its ended so I will keep asking questions because if no one asks there is no interest and the diesel market place does need some questions asked and answered. I will just keep an eye out for this if and when it comes out. I have yet to have a question or suggestion make something more or less expensive!!!!!!:D

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
When I first asked the trans brake question I got a FIRM NO but after some time the thread opened up and here is where its ended so I will keep asking questions because if no one asks there is no interest and the diesel market place does need some questions asked and answered. I will just keep an eye out for this if and when it comes out. I have yet to have a question or suggestion make something more or less expensive!!!!!!:D

I agree with you!! Lots of ppl read things and answer what they read 2 months ago with out trying for them selves. I ask what many ppl call dumb questions all the time. And I especially love this thread cause sooooo many people said it won't work but here are :)

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
All Andrew from SC said is "let us develop it and go from there, no pricing as of yet.

I was referring it towards you when I said hold your horses and let it run, not "volunteer my truck!!" "how much is it!!" It's still in the testing/braking stages.

Just hang out and read the results, I know I don't want to be the first letting go of that button and holding my nitrous button at the same time, im sure you wouldn't either.

Im sure Andrew/SC will post their results as they already have, good or bad. :hug:

The 6 speed is getting strapped into a 1000 HP LMM today or early next week. Going to launch and spray at the same time. Should be interesting. I also have 2 trucks coming that are 1400+ horse (per track slips) for in house testing as well, both fixed with spray. This will be tested from all angles. I'm sure this will help find other weak points in the drivetrain. Trans refreshes will be a must for anyone using this thing on the regular