2007-2014 GM Truck/SUV BCM custom tuning!!!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ben, can you set (or change) the heated seats to come on automatically upon starting the vehicle if the temperature is below xx?

For remote start the heated seats do come on bit it is too low and when you put the key in they shut off and you have to manually turn them on again

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
My Duramax with the heated seats VIN is 1GC4KXB63AF108939

The work truck gasser with no cruise VIN is
1GCHC24K58E188644

Let me k ow what you find out. I'm ready to order it for both if not all 3 trucks I have

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Ben, can you set (or change) the heated seats to come on automatically upon starting the vehicle if the temperature is below xx?

For remote start the heated seats do come on bit it is too low and when you put the key in they shut off and you have to manually turn them on again

I don't like how it has to be below 34 or lower for the elevated idle, heat, and heated seats to come on. The remote start does suck only staying on for 10 min., I was just telling my wife that the other day that there needs to be infinite time on remote start for people who don't care like myself.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

Im pretty sure that calibration is in the HVAC module, not BCM....but I can take a look.

Ben

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
I don't like how it has to be below 34 or lower for the elevated idle, heat, and heated seats to come on. The remote start does suck only staying on for 10 min., I was just telling my wife that the other day that there needs to be infinite time on remote start for people who don't care like myself.

Unfortunately its a federal mandate. Laws were passed prohibiting diesel trucks from sitting idle. DPS officers actually give tickets for the violation and they're pretty pricey. This law got passed down to the light duty truck segment so GM can't raise the 10 minute limit or they will be in violation of a federal clean air act. Thank goodness we have people like Ben who can set the matter straight. ;)

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
it should already have the lighting on constantly.....are you sure the cluster isnt broken???

All 07 SUV and I think the 07 half ton trucks have this issue and I cant change it from a Tech 2. In 08 up the backlighting stays on all the time. Your eyes have to adjust before you can see the speedo on a sunny day.

I wish I had half your ambition hacking these trucks. I enjoy your comments on the sloppy page by the way!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Ben, I have a question similar to Kyle's about his heated seats. I have an 08 LMM that originally came as a no option work truck. I have since added power windows and locks with LTZ style door switches, heated and cooled 12 way power seats, and power pedals among other things. I had to use a different VIN for the BCM to get the new stuff to work. Can you add those options to my VIN so I can have my factory VIN back into all my other modules so my XM module will work again?

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
A few things mentioned would be real nice on my 10 CTS such as fogs instead of headlights (HID) - who knows what else might be in there. One thing that I thought was neat about my wifes VW was with a VCDS cable, you could change all kinds of things, including one tap lane change signal blinks, and I was able to set it up so if you held the lock button, it would roll all windows up, or if you hold the unlock button, it would roll them down.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Ben, I have a question similar to Kyle's about his heated seats. I have an 08 LMM that originally came as a no option work truck. I have since added power windows and locks with LTZ style door switches, heated and cooled 12 way power seats, and power pedals among other things. I had to use a different VIN for the BCM to get the new stuff to work. Can you add those options to my VIN so I can have my factory VIN back into all my other modules so my XM module will work again?

Maybe a VIN Reassignment opion is available for the BCM ??

Like the TCM and ECM are now ??

If not it would be a nice feature to have.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
All 07 SUV and I think the 07 half ton trucks have this issue and I cant change it from a Tech 2. In 08 up the backlighting stays on all the time. Your eyes have to adjust before you can see the speedo on a sunny day.

I wish I had half your ambition hacking these trucks. I enjoy your comments on the sloppy page by the way!

I can look through the 07-08 BCM calibration differences....my gut feeling is that its in the instrument cluster calibration though, not BCM.

Is there any way you can temporarily swap in a newer cluster? Then if the lighting works, then we know its in the IPC calibration for sure....

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Maybe a VIN Reassignment opion is available for the BCM ??

Like the TCM and ECM are now ??

If not it would be a nice feature to have.

VIN changing is not available in the BCM. Because if you change the VIN in the BCM, you will screw up just about everything else in the interior...the stereo, XM, park-assist, backup camera, theft, etc.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

Yes I can do that....first reflash your BCM back to stock so the VIN then matches everything again. And then I can build you a custom calibration so everything will work correctly. :thumb:

Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
A few things mentioned would be real nice on my 10 CTS such as fogs instead of headlights (HID) - who knows what else might be in there.

Theres 3000-someodd different calibratable parameters in the BCM software....but 90% of those are things you'd never want to/need to change....switch debounce values, horn chirp lengths, switch resistor values, feature timeouts, etc.

One thing that I thought was neat about my wifes VW was with a VCDS cable, you could change all kinds of things, including one tap lane change signal blinks, and I was able to set it up so if you held the lock button, it would roll all windows up, or if you hold the unlock button, it would roll them down

Yes, vag-com is pretty cool with what it can do.

I can change the one-tap lane change turn signal counts etc. However it is NOT possible to add the window up/down via remote fob, because it was never originally laid out in the BCM software to begin with....so to add something in like that that GM never implemented from the factory, I would need to actually write a custom OS for the BCM...which will most likely never happen.

The 2007-2014 window motor/switch hardware/motors dont support one-touch up anyways.....EXCEPT the 2009-2014 Escalade...they had one-touch-up windows for the front windows. Basically all you have to do if you want to add one-touch-up to your 07-14 silverado/sierra (the swap only works on SLT/LTZ/Denali only) is swap to Escalade window switches and window regulators/motors.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
I can look through the 07-08 BCM calibration differences....my gut feeling is that its in the instrument cluster calibration though, not BCM.

Is there any way you can temporarily swap in a newer cluster? Then if the lighting works, then we know its in the IPC calibration for sure....

I will look to see if I can find one

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Theres 3000-someodd different calibratable parameters in the BCM software....but 90% of those are things you'd never want to/need to change....switch debounce values, horn chirp lengths, switch resistor values, feature timeouts, etc.

Yes, vag-com is pretty cool with what it can do.

I can change the one-tap lane change turn signal counts etc. However it is NOT possible to add the window up/down via remote fob, because it was never originally laid out in the BCM software to begin with....so to add something in like that that GM never implemented from the factory, I would need to actually write a custom OS for the BCM...which will most likely never happen.

The 2007-2014 window motor/switch hardware/motors dont support one-touch up anyways.....EXCEPT the 2009-2014 Escalade...they had one-touch-up windows for the front windows. Basically all you have to do if you want to add one-touch-up to your 07-14 silverado/sierra (the swap only works on SLT/LTZ/Denali only) is swap to Escalade window switches and window regulators/motors.
My CTS has one touch up.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yes I can do that....first reflash your BCM back to stock so the VIN then matches everything again. And then I can build you a custom calibration so everything will work correctly. :thumb:

Ben

I can tell you it is in the cluster. I know when my buddy was reprogramming all my modules to change the VIN, we were using the VIN from my dad's 07 LMM, and it TIS listed an option in the cluster for the lights staying on all the time. I bet a dealer could update it for you.