2007-2014 GM Truck/SUV BCM custom tuning!!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just got an update from Kyle who now has my custom BCM tune up and running on his LMM.

Im happy to report LMM's do not need an ECM tune update to enable manual high-idle. :cool:

All you need to add LMM manual high idle via the cruise control buttons is just my custom BCM tune. :thumb:

Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
So..... I can get the high idle function using the cruise buttons now?

Yep! All you need is my BCM tune.

Set the parking brake, press the cruise control "on" button, and press the cruise control "set" button....then it will idle up to 1200rpm and show a DIC message indicating high idle is on.

Attachments

• highidle.jpg
    highidle.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 47

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
That's awesome!! Is there a needed BCM tune to manually turn on a LBZ high idle?

No. All you need is to run a wire to the ECM...you can google it, there are plenty of DIY articles out there for doing high idle on 2001-2007 trucks.

This thread and BCM tuning discussion is for the 2007.5-2014 trucks only.

There will never be any BCM tuning for 2001-2007 trucks.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Like Ben said, took all of 6 seconds to flash the BCM, let the truck warm up for a min, set the parking brake, hit the cruise, and bam... High Idle Activated. This is sweet! Digging the door chimes only staying on for 30 seconds too. I did the 40min remote start time, along with 255 restarts, just need to update your EFI Live software, tweak the tables, and flash the BCM tune in and away it goes. Just an FYI, tweaking the tables in the ECM tune does nothing for extended run time, have to have the BCM tune as well.

Awesome job on this Ben, Brayden, and the EFI Live team! Glad to see guys still thinking outside the box!

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Like Ben said, took all of 6 seconds to flash the BCM

Yup, pretty cool how fast the BCM flashing process is. Takes more time to fumble with the cables and plug the Autocal/V2 in than it does to actually flash the BCM.

Digging the door chimes only staying on for 30 seconds too.

I figured 30 seconds was a fair time, enough to serve the purpose but not long enough to get annoying. I think from the factory the chimes will just be continuous until the battery goes dead lol.

I did the 40min remote start time, along with 255 restarts, just need to update your EFI Live software, tweak the tables, and flash the BCM tune in and away it goes. Just an FYI, tweaking the tables in the ECM tune does nothing for extended run time, have to have the BCM tune as well..

Yep, its always good to clarify that when people ask....im sure everyone will see that EFILive has added remote start timer tables in the ECM tune when they open up a tune file and immediately assume that they can increase remote start time....but obviously that is not true, needs the BCM tune too.

Awesome job on this Ben and Brayden! Glad to see guys still thinking outside the box!

Dont forget Ross and Paul at EFILive...they had to do quite a bit of work on the EFILive software and Autocal/V2 firmware to make them compatible with BCM flashing, so they deserve lots of credit too.:thumb:

Ben

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Well another big break through for me with this new BCM tuning. I drive a 2008 Reg cab WT 2500 gas truck everyday for work. When I did the heated steering wheel upgrade in my black truck, I took all the old components and put in the work truck so it would have cruise control. All is good except I needed the correct BCM file from the dealer to activate cruise control. GM refused the service and here I was stuck with cruise buttons that did nothing. Not anymore! Ben sent me a file over for it also. Cruise works like a charm now! This has been a big issue for me driving 45-65miles to work everyday on the interstate with no cruise. I may be more excited for that than the black truck features! Thanks again Ben, Brayden, and all the EFI live team for making this stuff possible!

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
I don't currently have a V2 or tuning yet, but would love to get some of these BCM features you've worked out. Is there a way for me to get them by sending my module in to someone? Sorry if I missed that in the thread somewhere, just finished doing a quick read of it.

Sent via Google Deplorable tracking services.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I don't currently have a V2 or tuning yet, but would love to get some of these BCM features you've worked out. Is there a way for me to get them by sending my module in to someone? Sorry if I missed that in the thread somewhere, just finished doing a quick read of it.

Yes, you can send your BCM in to me and I can flash it on the bench.

I can turn it around in a day.

But it will be a little more expensive, and your truck will be down while the BCM is being sent to me because obviously the truck wont run without the BCM.

Ben

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
Yes, you can send your BCM in to me and I can flash it on the bench.

I can turn it around in a day.

But it will be a little more expensive, and your truck will be down while the BCM is being sent to me because obviously the truck wont run without the BCM.

Ben
Great! Mine can be down. I have an S10 for a DD. Will PM you to figure out details.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Flashed Bens BCM tuning last night, what a awesome project. Appreciate it and we are working on a few more custom tweaks.

Thanks Ben! :thumb:

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

What custom trick I did on Rob's is set it so the daytime running lights are the fog lights, not the low-beam headlights.

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
Finally! I have been fighting a LMM up here that flat out refuses to go high idle...
Curious, what is the benefit of the high idle vs the elevated idle my LML currently has? I'm considering sending my BCM in to get flashed (don't have tuning yet, so no V2) and wondering if it will be worth it to have him set that up as well so I can use it once it's tuned.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Curious, what is the benefit of the high idle vs the elevated idle my LML currently has? I'm considering sending my BCM in to get flashed (don't have tuning yet, so no V2) and wondering if it will be worth it to have him set that up as well so I can use it once it's tuned.

It's the same... Cat calls it high idle and Gm calls it elevated idle. I mix the terms to confuse everyone, howmydoin?:D