2007-2014 GM Truck/SUV BCM custom tuning!!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
V3 Maybe ???

:hug:

Its possible. If Ross and Paul do decide to have low-speed GMLAN support on the V3, I would definitely like to start working on custom programming for the nav units and all that.

Some of the earlier V2's actually did have the low-speed GMLAN chips on the boards. Then they were removed from later revisions....even the early V2's the chips were never "activated" in the firmware though.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I thought you could obtain the firmware cd from some place like Australia that didn't have the restrictions in the Nav unit and update it to work here

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Keep in mind, this model BCM was first introduced in 2006 and it was designed around 2002ish....its extremely unlikely that GM will ever come out with any future software updates for it at this point.

I think the most recent GMT-900 BCM-related TSB and software update was like 4 or 5 years ago??

I build these custom calibrations with all of the latest updates and improvements anyways.

thats true. 2014 seems like last year....... then i remember its 2017 already

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
BCM tuning is $299

The BCM uses a "TCM" license spot on your V2/Autocal. So as long as you have a free TCM license (most people do), you're good to go. Otherwise, you'll need to buy another VIN license from EFILive.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Is flashing it like anything else, one is advised to first read/extract/whatever the stock file and save it in multiple places so they have it if they ever need to flash it back to stock? Or can it not pull that file off the BCM?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I thought you could obtain the firmware cd from some place like Australia that didn't have the restrictions in the Nav unit and update it to work here

I already thought of that....but no dice. :(

I tried flashing my 2012 nav unit with Canadian, Mexico, and Middle-eastern calibrations....all of them seem to have video in motion blocked out. I know the parameter IS in there.....I just have to find it the really hard way...ie throwing darts blind-folded.

Maybe other nav units are different and it is as easy as changing the region calibration.....I dont know. Ive only worked with the 2012-2014 style nav unit.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Is flashing it like anything else, one is advised to first read/extract/whatever the stock file and save it in multiple places so they have it if they ever need to flash it back to stock? Or can it not pull that file off the BCM?

Reading the BCM tunes out is not supported.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Got a few questions

1. My BCM has been reflash to support OEM heated seats installed after purchase, will that need to be addressed?

2. How is the ECM calibration work when adding high idle if it needs an ECM update? Same for unlimited remote start time. Will I get a new base file that I flash in, copy out and script over with my tunes?

3. Are all the options listed on fleeces site standard or by request?

4. I have an 08 WT 2500 6.0 that didn't have cruise. I added all the necessary buttons and column harness to support it, but GM won't flash the BCM to turn it on, can you enable it?

5. Can you enable the 4wd light to come on in the IC like the manual Tcase trucks get? Hate that it's only the light on the knob.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Got a few questions

1. My BCM has been reflash to support OEM heated seats installed after purchase, will that need to be addressed?

Hmmmm...good question....can you send me your VIN?

2. How is the ECM calibration work when adding high idle if it needs an ECM update? Same for unlimited remote start time. Will I get a new base file that I flash in, copy out and script over with my tunes?

EFILive added the tables into the software, so you can just tweak the settings right in your tune yourself.

3. Are all the options listed on fleeces site standard or by request?

Those are the standard options

4. I have an 08 WT 2500 6.0 that didn't have cruise. I added all the necessary buttons and column harness to support it, but GM won't flash the BCM to turn it on, can you enable it?

Yes, can you send me the VIN for that too?

5. Can you enable the 4wd light to come on in the IC like the manual Tcase trucks get? Hate that it's only the light on the knob.

No, unfortunately that is part of the instrument cluster calibration, not the BCM calibration.

Ben

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Is it possible to turn the back lighting on for the instrument cluster all the time on an 07 tahoe? The 08 up clusters are on all the time and much easier to see.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Is it possible to turn the back lighting on for the instrument cluster all the time on an 07 tahoe? The 08 up clusters are on all the time and much easier to see.

it should already have the lighting on constantly.....are you sure the cluster isnt broken???

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ben, sounds like you need to crack the instrument cluster too ;)

Yeah but problem is tune distribution............that was the whole thing with BCM tuning, until EFILive saved the day.

I can already hack the instrument clusters.....but I have to flash them on the bench. No one is going to want to send their cluster out to me, wait for me to flash it, wait for it to be shipped back etc.