Top 25 Stock Duramax's

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Lift pumps, built trans, egr delete, efi live, ported rail fittings, shim kits, traction bars, slicks, headers and uppipes, cai, bigger ic pipes and down pipes aren't either. But where do u draw the line

Super street rules require fuel tank to be in the factory location. Correct? Why should a stock truck be any different?

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I never knew a fuel cell was a factory option. :confused:
COPO Dmax?
Super street rules require fuel tank to be in the factory location. Correct? Why should a stock truck be any different?
can be mounted anywhere now

I wasn't too thrilled to see the gutted cab pic a couple of months ago, now seeing the cell in the video, this is getting ridiculous

its turning into the injector debate 2 years ago

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
I wasn't too thrilled to see the gutted cab pic a couple of months ago, now seeing the cell in the video, this is getting ridiculous

That 11.90 was ran with the interior mostly back in it, I was looking it over in Ennis. It had the full dash, door panels, rubber carpet, etc. Just had a single seat. So, he put a bunch of it back in from that picture.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
There is NO SUCH thing as stock DMAX! It's been argued to death already. There is no fair line where all will agree . Everyone says stock turbo then you have those who have modified their turbo!

Forgetaboutit!

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il

I could care less. My point is none of us drive a "stock" truck. Hence the reason I ask where do u draw the line? I would like to make this list one day but I'm not gonna gut my truck or put a fuel cell in it. My opinion is this list should b for guys that drive there truck everyday. Haul shit in the bed, tow a race car to the track. Then go to the track and click off a fast time. Drive it home. This is only my opinion.

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I could care less. My point is none of us drive a "stock" truck. Hence the reason I ask where do u draw the line? I would like to make this list one day but I'm not gonna gut my truck or put a fuel cell in it. My opinion is this list should b for guys that drive there truck everyday. Haul shit in the bed, tow a race car to the track. Then go to the track and click off a fast time. Drive it home. This is only my opinion.

I agree, this list became a joke when guys started building purpose built trailer queens.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Hey Charles, lets put the receiver on your truck, tow mine to the track, turn the music up, turn the tune up some more... and drive it back home :):thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I agree, this list became a joke when guys started building purpose built trailer queens.

It hasn't quite gone that far but there are individuals that have done turbo modifications,running larger injectors,non OEM pistons,etc etc etc.. Now fuel cells and stripped interior!

It should be tuning,lift pump, air box and exhaust mods from the down pipe back! But that gets boring! :D

I have no puppy in the fight I just share my thoughts when someone puts "stock" as the topic suggests. IMO it isn't even close!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think it's cool that guys are pushing their stuff like they are. I mean, who honestly thought a stock motored Duramax truck would ever run an 11? I don't care if he is sitting on a milk crate like the picture Tom posted in the other thread, that's damn impressive. I had hopes of getting into the 11s with the van on fuel only, but I don't think I could get an 11.8x. Congrats again to Charles and all the guys helping him. It's a major accomplishment no matter how you look at it. I mean really, look how many guys with bigger turbos, injectors, modified or dual CP3s, etc. can't get into the 11s.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
True very true for the minimum modifications over stock it is a great accomplishment no matter how miss leading it really is. :D

I think this Stripped down Regular cab will sit on top for some time. It's all about weight nonetheless it's fast for a 99.9% stock motor.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Lazyness to not take stuff off your truck shouldn't matter. I strip the hell out of mine every time I run mine.
I agree, If I'm going to the track and only have time for a couple runs I'll pull the tailgate and spare and go, but if I've got time I pull everything but the drivers seat and console. An extra 2-3 tenths and it's the only way to make a dmax faster for free.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I think it's cool that guys are pushing their stuff like they are. I mean, who honestly thought a stock motored Duramax truck would ever run an 11? I don't care if he is sitting on a milk crate like the picture Tom posted in the other thread, that's damn impressive. I had hopes of getting into the 11s with the van on fuel only, but I don't think I could get an 11.8x. Congrats again to Charles and all the guys helping him. It's a major accomplishment no matter how you look at it. I mean really, look how many guys with bigger turbos, injectors, modified or dual CP3s, etc. can't get into the 11s.

You guys do know that pic was a joke, right?

I knew someday someone would build a purpose-built race truck and make attempts to get into this list, and it happened (three times!). IMO, I dont think the three top trucks on the list are what you'd consider "Daily Drivers", no matter what they say, but it is what it is now. IIRC, the original Top Truck was not exactly a regularly driven truck when it made its 12.18 pass all those years ago. We tend to forget that. Frankly, I always though this was about pushing a stock motor, DD truck to its limits, with all the worry and risk that entails. It takes a lot of thought and work to go fast, no matter if the truck is stock or heavily modded. I dont like the battery in the rear, or fuel cells, or the completely gutted interiors, or the fact that there are some shops that are actually "sponsoring" some of these guys but what are we going to do about it?

We could start all over with new rules, but then the arguments start all again. Id rather just shut the whole list down, as its been perverted from what it was originally intended for.

Last edited:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Usually the people that arent on top are the ones bitching. He has a stock motor, injectors, cp3, that came in the truck. What else matters. The rest is weight stuff, you can DD with a fuel cell, and the battery in the back