Top 25 Stock Duramax's

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
Just a word on the weight limit if you decide to create one.
I am 6100lbs without the spare, and tailgate that's it. Hitch still in, seats still in, heavy 22's still on, pile of crap behind the seat, and my fat 240 arse included.

That being said, I think a weight cutting should be allowed. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding porcelain.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I am 6100lbs without the spare, and tailgate that's it. Hitch still in, seats still in, heavy 22's still on, pile of crap behind the seat, and my fat 240 arse included.

Dang I wish, I'm 7900 with the seats, hitch, and tailgate off!

Seems like 5500-5700 is where some of these trucks can be with minor work....

And I would have never guessed the van is that light, even seeing in person

Hermans02Dmax

HT Performance
Oct 17, 2011
Mifflinburg, PA
Just ran a new best for my truck last weekend at Mason Dixon Dragway at Antrim Diesel event in Hagerstown Maryland. I ran a 12.255 at 108.70. there is a picture of the time slip in my garage in profile. Truck has more in it yet too :) this is on my stock set up with new susp mods an runing 285 s

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Then you would need 3 classes. A CCSB can never attain the lower weight of the RC or EC.
I guess it boils down to the same thing as sports. Let everyone use roids and let the chips fall. Pretty soon we will have stock trucks running 10's and they will be on the top 50.:roflmao: Guess Jeff Dean will run Factory modified.:D

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Damn seems like a lot bitching for nothing. If you have a list then there will be those who will try and get to the top of it. This one was about Dmaxs that were for the most part stock from the factory. True stock from the factory trucks can't come close to any of these times. So nothing on here is stock in the true sense. You have come up with a stock OEM engine. Allowed lift pump, exhaust, tranny and TC work as well as suspension work, and custom tuning.

You can only get these thing to make so much HP using these limitations. The other way to make them quicker is to reduce the weight and fine tuning the suspension. These lists help the diesel community in my opinion. They get guys to think outside the box and help everyone who is interested.

The everyday Joe who uses his stock dmax to tow his toy hauler or horse trailer is not going to make this list. If you want to compete for the top spot you better have something that is way less than 6000 lbs and can cut a decent 60'. I seriously doubt using a fuel cell helps the ET that much if any. The carpet and interior panels of a single cab work truck doesn't weight much either. If you don't want to allow fuel cells or batteries in the bed so be it, but don't say a truck has to have OEM bumpers, hitch, tail gate, spare tire or complete interior. Roll pans are available for both front and back for these trucks and are street legal. I would think it should be street legal and be licensed, and insured.

The list should be kept going, there are enough guys who know all the trucks that will keep everyone honest. I'd say you are about topped out with HP and MPH, still room for better ET's however.:thumb:

I drove my race truck 1000's of miles to NHRDA races this summer, but I wouldn't consider it a daily driver.

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
Damn seems like a lot bitching for nothing. If you have a list then there will be those who will try and get to the top of it. This one was about Dmaxs that were for the most part stock from the factory. True stock from the factory trucks can't come close to any of these times. So nothing on here is stock in the true sense. You have come up with a stock OEM engine. Allowed lift pump, exhaust, tranny and TC work as well as suspension work, and custom tuning.

You can only get these thing to make so much HP using these limitations. The other way to make them quicker is to reduce the weight and fine tuning the suspension. These lists help the diesel community in my opinion. They get guys to think outside the box and help everyone who is interested.

The everyday Joe who uses his stock dmax to tow his toy hauler or horse trailer is not going to make this list. If you want to compete for the top spot you better have something that is way less than 6000 lbs and can cut a decent 60'. I seriously doubt using a fuel cell helps the ET that much if any. The carpet and interior panels of a single cab work truck doesn't weight much either. If you don't want to allow fuel cells or batteries in the bed so be it, but don't say a truck has to have OEM bumpers, hitch, tail gate, spare tire or complete interior. Roll pans are available for both front and back for these trucks and are street legal. I would think it should be street legal and be licensed, and insured.

The list should be kept going, there are enough guys who know all the trucks that will keep everyone honest. I'd say you are about topped out with HP and MPH, still room for better ET's however.:thumb:

I drove my race truck 1000's of miles to NHRDA races this summer, but I wouldn't consider it a daily driver.

I disagree. I drive mine everyday, tow, and race it all the same. I ran last weekend and im awaiting for someone to post it on thw list but no one wants to update it... kinda pissing me off.. i worked and tweeked my truck for almost a year...countless nights and vacation days on making it how it is and no one want to put it where it belongs.
Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
I disagree. I drive mine everyday, tow, and race it all the same. I ran last weekend and im awaiting for someone to post it on thw list but no one wants to update it... kinda pissing me off.. i worked and tweeked my truck for almost a year...countless nights and vacation days on making it how it is and no one want to put it where it belongs.
Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I can second this statement about ctrumps truck, deff not a trailer or garage queen:thumb:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
First off I'm guessing that 3 turbos disqualifies me from this list so I don't have a dog in thsi fight, but
It is clear that people have 2 different views of this list, one set feels that it is to push the stock engine as far as they can, while the other group thinks that is should be still a DD. I sort of went down the road of what a DD is, and no 2 people will ever agree on this. You can't say you can't trailer it, unless the track is close and your friends can tow you home if it breaks you are retarded not to have a way to get it home. You can't say you must drive it X miles per year, I don't drive my truck as much b/c gas is cheaper. There are guys that will drive a truck with a roll bar on it all the time and don't care, and there are guys that say no way that is a DD.
So either let the guys cut weight all they want, or set a min weight for whatever you guys come up with as reasonable.
again I don't have a dog in this fight so take it for what it’s worth

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
^^x2
Since page one of this thread weight cutting has been allowed. It has always been about pushing the stock motor.

I know you're cheating, because I'm cheating and you're beating me...