Help: SoCal Theft-WENDY Found -title change

Status
Not open for further replies.

blksmok

Apr 28, 2008
Pat, Kat,
Someone sent me a link to this thread. Sorry this happened. :mad:
I'm going to post it over on DmaxCentral. We'll have everyone keep an eye out.

jarheadhunter

06 DMAX 100+ HP
Mar 29, 2011
Utah
That is crazy I hope they find her soon. I had my car broke into at the hospital parking lot one time. They had security cameras everywhere in the parking lot and they all were mysteriously not working at the time my car was broke into. They took everything ouot of it and tried to hot wire it, but I guess they couldn't figure that out. Good luck and I hope you get it back.

mvnvltn

Part's Limit Tester
Aug 22, 2007
Sykesville, MD
Call all the recycling centers to see if those red wheels show up, or any other parts for that matter. Ya never know, the thief could be on here reading this very thread laughing at all of this or getting ideas.

Sorry for the loss...:(

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I called my buddy who is a trucker and he is out in las vegas making a run and I had him put it out on the C B so maybe this will help, best of luck Kat I hope Wendy comes back home

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
The first dmax I almost bought was a theft recovery. Truck was from Canada and made it to Kansas City. They had a different plate registered to a truck that was basically the same. Cop was smart enough to notice the dash was wrong and bottom of the steering column was missing. Point is if you see an out of state plate on a truck on the west side of the country look at it close as you never know if its it. Makes me wonder also all of us put where we are from and list our trucks if thieves are tracking trucks down via the internet somehow?

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Wow, that's completely asinine that people do this crap... Good luck on finding her! I've become more anal about security recently because of stuff like this. I have the obvious starter kill with my alarm and all my ignition wires are the same colors now. I went even further and added a gpcm, tcm, and ecm kill keypad and controller that requires a 6-10 digit code to start, all on separate circuits. These kill circuits are on open relays so even if you find my alarm or my separate keypad you're going to have to find out which wires to ground along with independent controller where my phone has to be within 30feet of truck for it to start. Even if I had to, it would take me over 5-6 hours to defeat the system. That's knowing where everything is. Not to mention the tools it'd require.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
:mad:I'm sorry to hear this Kat and Pat... I know I am in the midwest but if you all need anything don't hesitate. I hope you find her, I will keep my eyes open here in the KS area, alot of stolen cars and trucks find there way to KS City.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
I've had a GM Dealer cut a key for me before with no proof of ownership. They kinda had an idea who I was but they had no idea I owned the truck at the time. They said they wanted to see insurance and I told them I was locked out of the truck and needed a key and they cut me one. Maybe most are more strict but it seemed easy enough for me. $50 says I could take a VIN to the same dealer off another D-Max and they'd cut me one without any proof of ownership :(.
I'm suprized Onstar isn't doing you any good. That's just odd IMO.

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
Kat,
This really sucks about Wendy. But on the bright side Farrah's Sexy Vette is still available on ebay if you get tired of drivin' the Furd. So thats a bit of good news. Just trying to inject some humor into a crappy day. ;)

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I've had a GM Dealer cut a key for me before with no proof of ownership. They kinda had an idea who I was but they had no idea I owned the truck at the time. They said they wanted to see insurance and I told them I was locked out of the truck and needed a key and they cut me one. Maybe most are more strict but it seemed easy enough for me. $50 says I could take a VIN to the same dealer off another D-Max and they'd cut me one without any proof of ownership :(.
I'm suprized Onstar isn't doing you any good. That's just odd IMO.

GM still has record that the VIN was run and the key code was requested and provided to that dealer though. They may not have you info but then their balls are in the sling. We used to have repo companies come in all the time for keys and without their ID, company name and the repo affidavit from the note holder, we wouldn't and according to GM were not supposed to do so.

Iowa Farmboy

Jun 10, 2010
Rockford IA
Sorry for your loss. But if the thief was smart enough to get it going in a couple of minutes he probably is smart enough to take the fuse out for On-Star.

I wonder if you can put in a disable program in the DSP 5. Maybe even set it up so when cranked over while in say position #1 the horn would start honking.

Status
Not open for further replies.