Help: SoCal Theft-WENDY Found -title change

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Thats sucks. Do you have a pic of the truck? I have never seen it before. If onstar cant find it i dont think they are driving it around. Do they even have a foot print of where it was around that time?

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That is just some crazy shit! I can only imagine that feeling in your stomach when you found out. I'm really sorry to hear this. I know you loved that truck. Probably too late now but do you guys have that Boomerang Tracking in the US? Maybe for when you hopefully get it back. And I hope you do.

Nick

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
OnStar cannot locate her :( Neighbor has video of truck being drove off at 3:21 am.

I showed police a picture from the cover of the magazine Wendy was on.

My guess is someone got the vin number and had a key made since the trucks have been parked on the street for the last week and half while the driveway is being redone :(

If that has been done,, GM has it on record where the key code for your VIN was pulled and can direct you to the dealer who requested it. If it was a reputable dealer,, they should have gotten a copy of photo ID and proof of ownership on the vehicle. I have seen the proof be waived in some circumstances but never a copy of ID.

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
sorry to hear this think im gonna put diffrent ignition switch in my truck just to help stop this from happening plus a switch hidden for the lift pump. i hope u get your truck back and everythign to go with it

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I added a pic to the first post. In case anyone doesn't know what Wendy looks like.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
That sucks hopefully they find the individuals involved. High profile truck and these trucks are VERY popular for parts and very easily chopped up and sold unfortunately. The only aftermarket on it is tuning and a transmission?

You can't really blame the cops auto theft isn't a big priority to them with all the other crap going on and I'm sure it happens way to much. I know when my 1998 was stolen they found the individuals involved because of personal property that I reported stolen in the vehicle,truck was never found.

Sucks to be violated I know that. Anyway good luck hope the insurance company treats you well.

The easiest theft deterrent although a pain in the ass is disconnect the bale connectors.

I'd like to see the vid see if you can post it. Whats it a neighbors security system?

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Sorry to hear about Wendy. My brother's car was stolen in Ohio and they found it in Florida trashed. Hope you have better luck.

I hope they find it for you. Don't worry, if it crosses through Ohio, my LLY will run it down.:D:hug:

KryPTiC

Recovering Diesel Addict
Oct 3, 2010
Flying down Alberta roads
wow, that really sucks, I couldn't imagine my rage if someone grinched my truck...

on a side note, i'm pretty sure that ct dodge on the cover of the magazine was stolen a few years ago to.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I'd like to see the vid see if you can post it. Whats it a neighbors security system?

I don't have the video. It was the neighbors security system. I was told the guy walked by camera on the horse path at 3:20 am. Jumped in Wendy and drove off at 3:21 38 seconds.

I hate thieves.

I put notice up at The Truck Stop. Hopefully she is found real soon.

Thank You

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Sorry to hear Kat. But like Matt said if the key was cut by Gm they want your first born I'd and all to do it for you. So there is a record of this key in the Gm system being cut and who cut it and should have the persons Id and copy of reg card from the truck to even cut the key. But to cut it by the vin they had to get the code from Gm and it leaves a trail should be able to track it and mybe the dealer has a video camara with the dirt bags on it. :(

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Sorry to hear Kat. But like Matt said if the key was cut by Gm they want your first born I'd and all to do it for you. So there is a record of this key in the Gm system being cut and who cut it and should have the persons Id and copy of reg card from the truck to even cut the key. But to cut it by the vin they had to get the code from Gm and it leaves a trail should be able to track it and mybe the dealer has a video camara with the dirt bags on it. :(

Robert is going to check with the guys at his dealer and see if they can find something.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
This might seem odd, but Wendy is more than just a "truck" to us. It's a member of the family. Good times, and bad times, Wendy has always been there for us. It can't be replaced with just money.

:(

Tow Master

May 5, 2008
Pittsburgh,PA
Wow.. I got your email and it gave me chills.... Im sorry for your loss and I hope it gets recovered. I just hope it wasnt stolen by someone in the diesel community. If it happens to get driven to PA youll be the first ones to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.