Help: SoCal Theft-WENDY Found -title change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
WOW! I don’t know what to say.... I HATE THEIVES!!!!! :mad:

I got a little choked up reading that. Wendy is defiantly part of the family!!!:hug:

VERY sorry to hear!:(

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
i completely understand how you feel..money cant replace that.. hope you guys get some info..but private lock shops can cut these keys by vin also..just hope gm has some type of something on it...

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
WOW! I don’t know what to say.... I HATE THEIVES!!!!! :mad:

I got a little choked up reading that. Wendy is defiantly part of the family!!!:hug:

VERY sorry to hear!:(

x2! That was a nice truck!

I don't know if I would want my truck back if it got stolen. I think I would rather just get paid out for it and shed a few tears rather than deal with everything they messed up that insurance didn't cover.

:(:(:(

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
This might seem odd, but Wendy is more than just a "truck" to us. It's a member of the family.

:(

That doesn't sound a bit odd to any enthusiast on this site. We all feel the same about our trucks and would feel the same heartbreak.:hug:

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
How do they get the code though?? I think they get the codes from GM as well.
Exactly! There are only a few ways to get the code, Visually look at the key and eye ball it, look for code on the cylinder(most dont say it there though), or get it from gm, yes many places can cut a key by code but they have to get the code somehow. Another thing to think about is that the selling dealer will most likely have the code in there system so all it would take is one employee looking for something to steal, Any employee here at our dealership can get the key codes of vehicles we have sold just by logging into the computer, they dont even need GM key code access.
Hope you guys get your truck back in good shape!!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This might seem odd, but Wendy is more than just a "truck" to us. It's a member of the family. Good times, and bad times, Wendy has always been there for us. It can't be replaced with just money.

:(

Its not odd pat. i dont know what id do if my truck took off without me in it, even with a bad motor in it. these vehicles are almost like kids to alot of us.... if i see anything resembling wendy on a trailer or driving, ill be sure to let you guys know

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Wow!! OMG! Cant believe this. :mad:

Definitely a matter of someone getting a proper key cut at the dealer. There is no way they could defeat/bypass Passlock-VATS in only 30 seconds.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
:happy2: Oh come one now... Have to take it to the track at least once :witch:

Just a couple more days until Spooky gets out of garage lock down:woott:

Can't complain much it been nice driving Wendy again.

Guess you wont get to say this again.... I HATE THIEVES!!!!!!

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Wow!! OMG! Cant believe this. :mad:

Definitely a matter of someone getting a proper key cut at the dealer. There is no way they could defeat/bypass Passlock-VATS in only 30 seconds.

exactly,, with all the right tools sometimes it still gives me fits when i need to defeat it. I've heard a good thief (read PRO) can get past it pretty quick but I've still only heard 3-5 minutes,, not sub 1.
And I didn't think key codes were stored anywhere for the dealer to access on a simple basis where anyone in the dealer could get it at anytime. I thought and was pretty sure they had to be looked them up in GM's system which requires logging on, paying a fee, and entering a VIN to get the code. It's not really part of the VIN or something you can look up in build codes I didn't think. I could be wrong but i know the parts dept can't spit out a key code without going to a little bit of trouble and expense to do so on just any GM vehicle.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Man why live somewhere that bad?? thats just pathetic what people do to steal rather then being honest an working hard to earn much more rewarding feeling just not easy hope its not getting parted im wathcing sites for parts or red dmaxs for sale!!! if they pass threw here ill thrown'em in the river for ya :thumb:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Man why live somewhere that bad?? thats just pathetic what people do to steal rather then being honest an working hard to earn much more rewarding feeling just not easy hope its not getting parted im wathcing sites for parts or red dmaxs for sale!!! if they pass threw here ill thrown'em in the river for ya :thumb:

Its like that everywhere. People would rather take things that aren't theirs instead of work and buy it. I had two 4 wheelers stolen with me at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.