So where were you when the towers fell?

Sandracer799

LB7 Power
Mar 25, 2008
Sandston,Va
I was in my 10th grade french class when the principal came over the speaker telling us what was going on. My teacher immemdiatly turned on the TV. It was my next class that I went to that we were watching the coverage and the first tower fell.

:patriot:

What about yall?

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Auto body class @ Butler CC, didn't know of anything at 1st. We were having the Fuser Adhesives rep demo day annd he said a plane hit a building in New York, class ended and went home and found the horrible truth and saw the 2nd plane hit after a bit...........

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was taking some classes at the local junior college at the time. I didn't have to be at class until the afternoon, so I had just got out of bed turned the TV on to see what has on. When I turned it on I saw all the coverage of the hit on the first tower, as I was watching the live coverage I saw the second tower get hit as well as the news of the Pentagon and Flight 93 that crashed in PA. I was sitting there in shock at what was happening. I went to class, and all we did was talk about the attacks.

dmax tim

just wanta have fun
Aug 16, 2006
Freddyville, Ohio
heard about it at work, watched it happen on CNN on TVs in break areas and got online to read more about it.

The next day we had advanced rope training in Columbus. So the instructors called ahead and told 911 dispatch a bunch of fools are jumping off a 200' tall water tower and don't send a SWAT team :D
it was weird standing on top of the tower and not seeing a single contrail or jet taking off from Port Columbus. The roads wearnt busy either.

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
I was at lunch at a Trade School. Was horrible to watch. They sent everyone home after that and we had the rest of the week off. I will never forget that day, I don't know anyone who will.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Getting ready to walk to a class at college when the second one hit. the severity what had happened didn't even dawn on me until later. Such a sad day. To me, this country hasn't been the same since then. Sad. :(

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I Was working in UMDNJ hospital in newark just over the river from NY. the job super saw the first plane hit and came down and told all the trades. then we got a radio on and heard about the second plane.my father was supposed to meet me for lunch and he called me to say he wasnt going to make it and said a plane had hit the pentagon as well. the super closed the job down and we all headed out. I got on my bike and was getting on a highway and there were a bunch of cars on the ramp pulled over. as I stopped and looked to my left I saw the billowing smoke and 10 seconds later I Watched the first tower fall.spent the evening at home with my parents and brother watching things unfold. my house is 5 miles or less from where the towers once stood on the NJ side and the smell from there lingered for days over here.

Oilfield_Mafia

Im the ONLY Okie..
Jun 8, 2008
Worlds Highest Hill
I had just got home from the Rig at around 8 that morning, and about the time I got everything unloaded from the truck and got in the house, the wife had it on TV.. They shut down alot of the drilling rigs for a few days for fear that they would also be a target.

It was indeed a sad day..

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
I was working construction at McCarran Airport working about 50' away from a 757. You want to talk about scared for your life... What an erie site, I had worked there on 3 different consecutive jobs for 2 years and never did 5 minutes go by that you didn't hear a plane roar into the sky. We were shut down for almost 2 weeks before they would let us go back to work. Wierd having all the planes pulled back form the gates and National Guard HMVV's with cab mounted touretts running around...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I was in my freshman year physics class at boarding school. We were waiting in the beginning of class because our teacher was a few minutes late. He came in, did not say a word, and with a stern look on his face, turned on the TV.... :(

ben

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
I was driving down the NY state thruway (90) near Rochester heading to Buffalo. Really makes you think! I don't ever remember anything unless I write it down, but I still remember that like it was yesterday.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I was in Freshmen APS(Applied Physical Science) my class was just moved from one room to another room due to the teacher had too many students.... my new teacher asked everyone to sit down and be quiet.... Turned on the over head intercom and our Principal made the announcement everyone FREAKED OUT:(

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
I was just getting out of bed to go to school and my parents were watching it on the TV. I was only in highschool and I didnt really know what to think about it