Rudy's Diesel Day Spring 2014 - March 15th - Julian, NC - Piedmont Dragway

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Race

Spot on Jess. I guess I'm just to old to think that a event means you have to party!!! I'm not sure how anyone thinks that you must drink to have fun. It's a motorsports event. If you want to drink go to a bar.

Low366Dmax

Pin it to win it
Aug 23, 2013
NH
For the people trying to race I will say it was a bit of a cluster F but man what a great time I had. Met some of the nicest people there are and had an absolute blast racing. Round trip was 1900 miles for me and you best believe I will be going back

Sent from my iPhone

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Sad thing is I go to Rudys so myself and my kids can watch Brent Hull and the Spruill's run and several other forum friends. When they get fed up and quit going and competing the desire to make the trip diminishes. The main draw for me is being able to see people I actually know compete. Really hope this gets cleaned up.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I drove from MA to see Buck and the Duramax from Hollyrock customs run. If they didn't go I wouldn't of bothered. If Buck isn't going again I doubt I will make the trip to event again.

Last edited:

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
You know my dad always told me never say never... things have to chance drastically for me to go back. We were both completely disgusted after the event. Things were so out of control , people wouldn't move for race trucks, thus over heating... It was all a chain of progressive worse. I actually begged a punk to get out of a truck, puss told me, there are 7 of us, that made me flip out. Not going to get that made over something im supposed to love no good for the sport or for myself.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
The kids were rediculous. I completely agree. But my agenda was that to get on here and say the event isnt worth going to again is completely against what we as diesel enthusiasts, shop owners, and competitors are trying to accomplish. Changes can happen. The drive has to be there and the right people have to be involved. Lets make it happen dammit.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
I talked to Lee today and he told me they were clearing some more land for parking, and were going to have a separate entrance for racers and pullers to help the parking staff separate the spectators, and hire some help for security. They were planning on 3000 or so and ended up with 6300. He apologized for the cluster and said it would be better next time. They're also tossing around a two day event. Landon, I never saw you or your boys, and I brought extra vittles for the grill. Oh well, I'll catch you at the next one.

1slomax

Dec 6, 2011
Harrisonburg VA
thats the reason i didnt go so many douche bags go to diesel events anymore its not even funny , sometimes im embarrassed to be in the diesel scene.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Not to change the subject but how did Buck run? I take it this is an 1/8 mile track?
he ran a 6.21 on his first pass. guy he was running against had trans problems and couldn't go, track guy was in la la land and Buck sat on the tq con for a good while. it got awfully hot on the track surface and started to have to have some map issues. after waiting around all day it was hurry hurry time to race, so we went on to the line on final call only to wait to race. Buck had Ashley Blacks truck, it had tq con issues and couldn't spool , any how after two long waits at the light and spooling a few times in the pits trying to work on the map it killed the trans. Lol when he tried to start it in park truck lurched forward. That trans was in the truck since just before the same race last year.

Low366Dmax

Pin it to win it
Aug 23, 2013
NH
I talked to Lee today and he told me they were clearing some more land for parking, and were going to have a separate entrance for racers and pullers to help the parking staff separate the spectators, and hire some help for security. They were planning on 3000 or so and ended up with 6300. He apologized for the cluster and said it would be better next time. They're also tossing around a two day event. Landon, I never saw you or your boys, and I brought extra vittles for the grill. Oh well, I'll catch you at the next one.

How far did you make it in the 7.7 class

Sent from my iPhone

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Something came up at the last minute and we couldn't make it to this one, Hope to make it this fall. I'll be in touch, we'll make plans and cook something on the grill.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
I made it two rounds, had a brain fart and pushed through the lights trying to build boost. I call it, getting behind on my driving. Landon, we'll stay in touch, we're tossing around going to TS, but I'm afraid Rachel may have exams that week. By the way, she ran a 7.84 on her first pass, but didn't do it again, oh well.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I had a great time and was stoked to see and meet a bunch of people! As everyone said tho is was a cluster **** and a lot of complete drunk idiots... Had 1 "kid" in a OBS 7.3 Ford with dual stacks laying into his pedal rolling coal like no tomorrow. I simply walked up to him and askin him to stop and about that time all his buddy's decided to surround me and act like they were about to fight me... I just :roflmao:

All and all it was a great turn out just needs a lot more room now and a lot more organization!

Good pics and good times for me came tho :thumb:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 39

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Sweet pic

Sweet pic
I had a great time and was stoked to see and meet a bunch of people! As everyone said tho is was a cluster **** and a lot of complete drunk idiots... Had 1 "kid" in a OBS 7.3 Ford with dual stacks laying into his pedal rolling coal like no tomorrow. I simply walked up to him and askin him to stop and about that time all his buddy's decided to surround me and act like they were about to fight me... I just :roflmao:

All and all it was a great turn out just needs a lot more room now and a lot more organization!

Good pics and good times for me came tho :thumb:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I made it two rounds, had a brain fart and pushed through the lights trying to build boost. I call it, getting behind on my driving. Landon, we'll stay in touch, we're tossing around going to TS, but I'm afraid Rachel may have exams that week. By the way, she ran a 7.84 on her first pass, but didn't do it again, oh well.
Rachel's truck has come along way in no time, I remember last spring she was running around 9.0.