Rudy's Diesel Day Spring 2014 - March 15th - Julian, NC - Piedmont Dragway

Low366Dmax

Pin it to win it
Aug 23, 2013
NH
I had a great time and was stoked to see and meet a bunch of people! As everyone said tho is was a cluster **** and a lot of complete drunk idiots... Had 1 "kid" in a OBS 7.3 Ford with dual stacks laying into his pedal rolling coal like no tomorrow. I simply walked up to him and askin him to stop and about that time all his buddy's decided to surround me and act like they were about to fight me... I just :roflmao:

All and all it was a great turn out just needs a lot more room now and a lot more organization!

Good pics and good times for me came tho :thumb:

Troy met you for a min and boy does your truck look good in person wish I could run that hood on my truck

Sent from my iPhone

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
I'm ordering a valet switch for Rachel's truck for future sporting events. I tried to get 03blkmax to come down for our Redneckathon, you would have had a great time, of course after we bailed you out of jail for thumping a couple of intoxicated patrons.

03BlkMax

Jul 15, 2012
Kentucky
I'm ordering a valet switch for Rachel's truck for future sporting events. I tried to get 03blkmax to come down for our Redneckathon, you would have had a great time, of course after we bailed you out of jail for thumping a couple of intoxicated patrons.

Hahahaha!!! Wish you wouldve won your class again!!

Galaxy S3

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
I'm still on fence if I'm Gona go back. Back. I just hope they realize what a crap show that was and areas they need to work on. ...if they fix that I'll be back for sure.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
You fellows need to plan on visiting NC for the Fall event. Ya'll bring me good luck. Well the nurse is calling for lights out at the retirement village gotta go. 03blkmax, you'll hear from me tomorrow.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Everytime, whether spring or fall, it gets bigger and bigger with more people. They were not planning on such a big turn out as each time it does get bigger it's never been to that extent. Guaranteed they will fix the issues and next event will be even bigger and a lot more organized as they are planning for it!

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
The kids were rediculous. I completely agree. But my agenda was that to get on here and say the event isnt worth going to again is completely against what we as diesel enthusiasts, shop owners, and competitors are trying to accomplish. Changes can happen. The drive has to be there and the right people have to be involved. Lets make it happen dammit.

It was a cluster, we are not going again. Too many people for the venue. That is tough to plan for. I have seen way bigger events run with less staff though.

On another note: Good seeing you Tim AND I looked for you Jeff. Couldn't find you but I was busy keeping idiots away from my trucks :mad:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Rudy's

Hello Todd, I seen TJ trying to get thru that mess and was wanting to say hi but I was also trying to keep idiots out of our pit space. I like the event but the party has to stop. If they want to party the need to keep them on the other side.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
I like the event but the party has to stop. If they want to party the need to keep them on the other side.

I agree Jeff, I was not at this Rudys but I noticed at the fall show the stupidness was getting worse then previous shows, I seen it coming, not sure why the event staff cant see it coming. I have a feeling Aaron will try to address the issues, but then again according to Dennis Perry, spectator and participant opinions on this subject don't count, only if you run your own event dose it matter.