PPEI Next On The Chopping Block???

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
IMO Trump was blowing smoke up our asses about that whole "reining in the EPA" thing. That little toad announcing this move against CA certainly looks the part.

Trump did exactly what he said he was going to. One of the biggest was budget cuts. Epa got a huge one. Now they have to actually earn there income.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Now they have to actually earn there income.

If that was true they would be the equivalent of bankrupt. The EPA doesn't make the government money except through fines and fees so if that is how they are going to get their funds then all they need to do is crack down more on the violations. Hence this thread

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You should move here. You would love it.

Id come visit, but there are far too many fruits and nuts there (among other things) to ever consider a move. I dont care how nice the climate is.

Besides, when a home smaller than mine goes for $500,000+....for-get it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Trump did exactly what he said he was going to. One of the biggest was budget cuts. Epa got a huge one. Now they have to actually earn there income.
I would think you'd be really pissed off by what's happening, considering its your livelihood. 04 is right....

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I'd been saving this for a rainy day. How many trees a year does prop 65 stickers kill? I know someone has done the math by now.

Bought this cheap screwdriver at parts store the other day and said WTF? Yes its from China, so it probably contains lead based paint. But I didn't need CA to kill a million trees to tell me that in OHIO....

7525a5f33e139f37cb33fc522b9724b5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I'd been saving this for a rainy day. How many trees a year does prop 65 stickers kill? I know someone has done the math by now.

Bought this cheap screwdriver at parts store the other day and said WTF? Yes its from China, so it probably contains lead based paint. But I didn't need CA to kill a million trees to tell me that in OHIO....

What's sad is we have to put warnings like "don't eat" on paint or gasoline. Now we've got labels that tell you not to put your screwdriver in your mouth, what is this coming to? Why can't a guy just eat metal in peace?

Feb 7, 2018
West Central Illinois
This was bound to happen, private OG severs like this are fine. Most people don't even think this site works anymore (LOL)
IMO Facebook forum groups 120% added fuel to the fire for this issue, too many people who think their deleted and tuned trucks are "rAcE tRoKs" and shoved their tuner and parts used down every single post and went as far as tagging the shop and company... they were literally doing the EPA's job for them.
Having 40-80k in some of those enthusiast groups, you can't tell me there isn't the chance of having a couple peeping environmentalists or even EPA workers.
Lastly, there are way too many "shops" selling parts out of their basement or garage who publicly offered delete parts all over social media on sponsored media posts. Which again, led the government right to those part manufactures doors..
Just a shame... some days I wish non-emission compliant tuning wasn't as accessible as it was. You either had to know someone or figure the sh*t out yourself. It was too accessible for too many loud mouth dumbassess. :mad:

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I also think FB and the delete tuning for the L5P platform really added fuel to the fire for EPA. I kind of wish the L5P ECM was never cracked....

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

We almost stopped selling to CA distributors because of that BS label. Pricing changed our minds :D

the cost to ONLY label products to be sold in CA is retarded, not to mention an inventory nightmare so everything having that label makes it simple. Its just f**king dumb

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
It was too accessible for too many loud mouth dumbassess. :mad:

Yup. I was saying that 10 years ago when the diesel performance (and delete) industry was getting out to the masses and really taking off. When random coworkers who couldn't turn a wrench if they're life depended on it, were easily able to pay a thousand bucks (or whatever) to have their trucks tuned and deleted by some diesel "shop", and then go off and tell the world about it, it had gone too far. The writing was on the wall.

I'm honestly surprised that it's taken 10 years for the EPA to actually start cracking down on more than just one or two blatantly obvious targets.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I also think FB and the delete tuning for the L5P platform really added fuel to the fire for EPA. I kind of wish the L5P ECM was never cracked....

Agreed, I think the major turning point was the youtube video cited in a different post. It literally gave them one of the easiest roadmaps to follow in terms of where to hit next.

Feb 7, 2018
West Central Illinois
I'm honestly surprised that it's taken 10 years for the EPA to actually start cracking down on more than just one or two blatantly obvious targets.

This has been going on for awhile with PPEI, but the great thing about tuning is the margin, once you figure out a good file for 'xyz' set up all you do is insert VIN and send. He was making so much money he's just been paying lawyers for the last 2-3 years to just pro-long the situation because he was making more margin off selling tunes then he was paying lawyers against the EPA :roflmao:

All major websites have stopped offering non-emission products. I believe distributors for the time being are safe because their products and pricing aren't available to the general public unless you have a account to do business with them.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Ya know this could all be fixed with a couple well place tweets by some members with massive followers..

In fact the causes best spokes model, who roles around in a fully deleted Duramax every day, even brought up this very subject yesterday on TV from NM. Just happened to catch it on the nightly news. Tried to find a snipit video to post, but this one kept popping up first.

https://youtu.be/Cyhgb7iU7ts

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ya know this could all be fixed with a couple well place tweets by some members with massive followers..

In fact the causes best spokes model, who roles around in a fully deleted Duramax every day, even brought up this very subject yesterday on TV from NM. Just happened to catch it on the nightly news. Tried to find a snipit video to post, but this one kept popping up first.

https://youtu.be/Cyhgb7iU7ts

That was awesome :D

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
As some of you know I am a huge proponent of biodiesel and even owned a production facility for 10 years. Prior to our latest president, because I could smell the writing on the wall. The biofuels industry survived on incentives, and big oil hates being forced to blend a product they do not control.

You have no better friend on this emissions issue than the man currently at the top. Someone tell him Obama invented the DPF. Problem solved...

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
As some of you know I am a huge proponent of biodiesel and even owned a production facility for 10 years. Prior to our latest president, because I could smell the writing on the wall. The biofuels industry survived on incentives, and big oil hates being forced to blend a product they do not control.

You have no better friend on this emissions issue than the man currently at the top. Someone tell him Obama invented the DPF. Problem solved...

You just cracked the code!

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho

Agreed!