PPEI Next On The Chopping Block???

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
This has been going on for awhile with PPEI, but the great thing about tuning is the margin, once you figure out a good file for 'xyz' set up all you do is insert VIN and send. He was making so much money he's just been paying lawyers for the last 2-3 years to just pro-long the situation because he was making more margin off selling tunes then he was paying lawyers against the EPA :roflmao:

All major websites have stopped offering non-emission products. I believe distributors for the time being are safe because their products and pricing aren't available to the general public unless you have a account to do business with them.

Nope, WDs started pullings non compliant parts over a year ago.

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
So should I put a halt on a build. Takes me long enough to buy parts, so when i get it done anyway there will be no way to have it tuned to run. Lol

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Wrong, I know three major performance based distributors off the top of my head who offer block plates and exhausts still, they may be removing those is light of recent events but they're still available.
Not naming cuz... government shit n stuff ;)

I'm not wrong. Sorry, but I didn't say "all non compliant parts were pulled."

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
When the tuning goes underground, the EPA will find better things to do. They don't have the money to investigate on a big scale.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
But by God the EPA turns a blind eye to massive industries like rail and ships. I guarantee a heavy tonnage train will spew out more diesel emissions in one day than a single deleted/tuned truck does its entire lifespan. EPA just wants easy wins to justify their existence. The VW TDI i had that they thought was so awful had such a clean exhaust post DPF you could eat out of it. But park your car in a train yard for a day and there is literally soot covering your paint. The epa has done a lot of good in some circumstances but i think their energy could be put towards newer technology development into things that will make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
But by God the EPA turns a blind eye to massive industries like rail and ships. I guarantee a heavy tonnage train will spew out more diesel emissions in one day than a single deleted/tuned truck does its entire lifespan. EPA just wants easy wins to justify their existence. The VW TDI i had that they thought was so awful had such a clean exhaust post DPF you could eat out of it. But park your car in a train yard for a day and there is literally soot covering your paint. The epa has done a lot of good in some circumstances but i think their energy could be put towards newer technology development into things that will make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ships! By far the worse.

Just one of the world’s largest container ships can emit about as much pollution as 50 million cars. Further, the 15 largest ships in the world emit as much nitrogen oxide and sulphur oxide as the world’s 760 million cars.

Their engines run 24 hours a day and roughly 280 days of the year.

Cars and trucks are nothing. There are thousands of ships and trains.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
How many trucks and/or miles would you need to equal a train or cargo ship if the truck is fully loaded. Most trains or cargo ships tend to not go anywhere unless loaded up

It would probably be better to compare tons per mile vs gallons used between them. Or tons of emissions per ton of cargo moved for the same distance

I would bet a train would come out on top but a toss up between a cargo ship and truck

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
So should I put a halt on a build. Takes me long enough to buy parts, so when i get it done anyway there will be no way to have it tuned to run. Lol

Shit I just bought stuff that I wasn't planning on getting... government has forced me to re-order my irons... Who knows when I'll get a dmax back up and running been sitting 2 years now on an engine stand

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I see a disinformation campaign aspect. In fact let's start with someone who dissed the industry..

Wow I really love the EGR delete kit and full Open Exhaust I bought from, Sinister Diesel...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
So several have gotten similar emails.... Pulled this off Millikens FB page
attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1568901829343.jpg
    FB_IMG_1568901829343.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 227