PPEI Next On The Chopping Block???

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
So several have gotten similar emails.... Pulled this off Millikens FB page
attachment.php

That's addressed to Isaac Allen, owner of a diesel performance shop in Maine. It is a couple years old.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Who want to start a tuning business in Canada or Mexico :D
The issue still remains, He who gets too big and draws attention or other people draw attention to them via Facebook, twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Forums will have the EPA after them and products will be ban from being imported to the USA. The problem is that making stuff that modify or removes emission equipment is technically illegal for both on or off road use in the USA. The only way I see around it permanently is to make the tuning open sources so they can't go after a manufacturer or company, only a end user. This sucks because it takes away the incentive of supporting platforms and someone else can profit from your work, but its the only way I see people will be-able to reliably use equipment out of warranty.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The issue still remains, He who gets too big and draws attention or other people draw attention to them via Facebook, twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Forums will have the EPA after them and products will be ban from being imported to the USA. The problem is that making stuff that modify or removes emission equipment is technically illegal for both on or off road use in the USA. The only way I see around it permanently is to make the tuning open sources so they can't go after a manufacturer or company, only a end user. This sucks because it takes away the incentive of supporting platforms and someone else can profit from your work, but its the only way I see people will be-able to reliably use equipment out of warranty.

The EPA can't regulate an email sent from one country to another with a tune file in it. :thumb:

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
The EPA can't regulate an email sent from one country to another with a tune file in it. :thumb:
Of course, they can just make it interesting to get your money for your tunes. I feel that there always will be a market for diesel stuff, but the giant boom in the diesel market enjoyed in the last 5-10 years that is causing the epa to go after these company's will die and it will go back to 5 percent of crazy people that actually enjoy diesels instead of it being the current fad like ricers were in the 2000s.

Only in the USA.
Is there enough business if 3/4 of your market is removed and then how long until another government pass the same laws?

Last edited:

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
it will go back to 5 percent of crazy people that actually enjoy diesels instead of it being the current fad like ricers were in the 2000s.

This wouldnt be a bad thing.

We went into the small town we live near to pick up some dinner tonight. There was a clapped out 7.3 and 12v with the owners standing around shooting the shit outside. Abundant rust holes on both, probabaly 53 inches of tips combined and the 12v had a "bad bitches only" sticker across the windshield..
After I heard one say something along the lines of him blacking out the 4 lane on the way there I took my dhd hat off before I got out the suv so they wouldnt see it and have an excuse to talk to me:roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Right, but how do you plan to flash a truck without hardware? Sure, you currently have the hardware but what if it fails? They can also tie a company up in legal fees to the point where they go out of business.

he lives in canada

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
This wouldnt be a bad thing.

We went into the small town we live near to pick up some dinner tonight. There was a clapped out 7.3 and 12v with the owners standing around shooting the shit outside. Abundant rust holes on both, probabaly 53 inches of tips combined and the 12v had a "bad bitches only" sticker across the windshield..
After I heard one say something along the lines of him blacking out the 4 lane on the way there I took my dhd hat off before I got out the suv so they wouldnt see it and have an excuse to talk to me:roflmao:

X2 I’m tired of seeing the diesel ricers driving around smoking just accelerating on the freeway :rofl:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
X2 I’m tired of seeing the diesel ricers driving around smoking just accelerating on the freeway :rofl:

Right? But yet all these kids think its cool. As long as the demographic is younger irresponsible people then we won't see a change. If tuning became a "who you know" kind of gig I think it wouldn't be for the worst. Right now everybody and their brother thinks they can slap a tune file together (over exaggeration) whereas the top tier quality tuners are nowhere near as bountiful.