PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
here comes Tom... Bacing up the thread... what is the point of your post? do you have anything relevant to add? or you just stopping by to give a good stir. :D

And now you've went after Tom. :(
He is truly one of the nicest guys around and will probably go out of his way to never buy a PPE part again.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
He is truly one of the nicest guys around and will probably go out of his way to never buy a PPE part again.
You can be mean to people as long as you throw a smiley on the end it cancels the mean out OR you can offer to give someone a tour of the facility AFTER you find out they drive by everyday :roflmao:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
f204a21a560ee10490448f3320c10a29664b99e787e77c6de73f659f5ecc3381.jpg

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dan, you are correct. I have no idea who the owner is. I havent delt with very many people in the industry because im really not into drag/street racing (desert guy) but a weekend warrior, diehard enthusiast none the less. Dont get me wrong ive seen your company's work and it is great. I understand how things on a forum can be misinterpreted due to no depth and vague expression. Do to this, and im guilty of this we often forget to take a step back and get some oxygen. Anywho when i can sneak away from life i will stop by and say hi. I am highly interested in the mechanical side and it would be interesting to see it in person and not on youtube or read about it on a forum. Thanks for the invite ill take you up on it.

Yes that is SO true... Apparently my expressions are not being read... even though I posted the smilies. There is a LOT of history on this site ( I have been on here since 2006 :eek:) and forget at times that new people are joining and don't know how deep some of these relationship go. So some of my posts may come off a little harsh and for that I apologize.. But ya stop by I give you the grand tour! :)

Just reassuring members that there wont be any post deleting going on here ;)....they are free to make their own decisions based on what they read and go from there.

Years ago, I decided I will not run anything PPE-related on my truck. I just didnt like how PPE does business, and I still dont.
They're not the only company in the diesel industry that I feel this way about either, so dont think I am picking on them.
It is my belief that there are better performing options out there other than these companies.
If there isnt any better for what I am doing , then I go without and/or find a way around it.

Ive had Ricks manis and ups for 7 years now. Never had an issue with them. Always treated respectfully as a person/customer by him and his company.

I have know your stance for a long time, but you following me around and making little comments is not cool. I even tired PM you to discuss and work through it (even called your phone to discuss). I know you don't owe me anything but at least be an adult about it. :thumb:

I'd hate to think you worked for me and was on the internet talking to people the way you talk to them while representing my business. I was under the impression you were the owner as well.

Nope you were wrong... :hello:

Yes.. he can dish it but not take it? Are you his keeper? I know he is all about Profab (that is ok) but enough is enough.... :eek:

You can be mean to people as long as you throw a smiley on the end it cancels the mean out OR you can offer to give someone a tour of the facility AFTER you find out they drive by everyday :roflmao:

what does this mean? Was I rude to him before I knew he was local? I looked through the thread and didn't see any of that... Just tried to clear the air with his comment. ;)

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
So anyway.... The reason I posted in the thread was to clear the air about Profab NOT manufacturing PPE's manifolds, I think the air is clear on that now.

I would have not even commented about it, but after a few calls I have received form prospective customers that called and spoke to Rick (Profab) about our and his. Rick did not come clean with them about PPE building our own, then to see if posted by another member, that was the straw that broke the camels back...

Again sorry if I came across a little brash about it. :hug:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I'll be there. Right down the isle from the PPE display. It would be nice to iron this out once and for all if that's even possible.

BTW, I never posted in your forum to pimp my products. That is the sort of BS statement you get called out on.

There was a thread on oil pressure. I didn't even realize where it was posted. I saw it in the active topics search.

I posted that "in the old days GM said the SBC only needed 7 PSI of oil pressure to survive."

Whole lot of pimping going on there. :roflmao:

Rick,

Please in the future, when a customers asks you for clarification whether you at Profab are currently building or making PPE's manifolds, customers (and PPE) would appreciate your truthfulness, so they are not misinformed. :)

Hopefully we can move past this and meet up in the future ... I'll buy ya a few beers :alc::beer

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
See, more BS from DAN....

I haven't and would never tell anyone that I made something I did not. I would never build ANYTHING for PPE again. Hell I don't even answer or talk on the phone much anymore. You just keep digging your own hole deeper.

If you're going to lie and spread BS at least you could try to make it somewhat believable!

Hell for all I know yours are made in Taiwan, or where ever, by the same people making Rudy's. Now THAT would explain why they copied your inferior design.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
See, more BS from DAN....

I haven't and would never tell anyone that I made something I did not. I would never build ANYTHING for PPE again. Hell I don't even answer or talk on the phone much anymore. You just keep digging your own hole deeper.

If you're going to lie and spread BS at least you could try to make it somewhat believable!

Hell for all I know yours are made in Taiwan, or where ever, by the same people making Rudy's. Now THAT would explain why they copied your inferior design.

Not B.s. I can assure you of that....

You did not specifically say you still made them. The comment was made to you (directly, via phone), about Profab building our manifolds, and you failed to clear the air. Just like what was posted in this thread about a month ago, you again failed to clear the air... I could see that happening maybe once.. but I have gotten a few calls and then the post on here... seems legit to me.... :eek:

Nope! Sorry wrong again... or are you trying to start "new" rumors????:(

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Not B.s. I can assure you of that....

You did not specifically say you still made them. The comment was made to you (directly, via phone), about Profab building our manifolds, and you failed to clear the air. Just like what was posted in this thread about a month ago, you again failed to clear the air... I could see that happening maybe once.. but I have gotten a few calls and then the post on here... seems legit to me.... :eek:

Nope! Sorry wrong again... or are you trying to start "new" rumors????:(

Not ever! Didn't happen and you can bank on that. I don't go around bad mouthing you unless provoked, but I will set people straight if they ask. I also would have tried to sell him my stuff, not yours. That's really where the rubber leaves the road here. You think I'm going to mislead a customer into buying your stuff thinking it's mine???? (insert coo coo bird smilie here )

I don't address anything to do with PPE here normally either because I usually get my ass chewed. This much I am sure.....I would never claim your product!!! Your up pipes look like shit and your manifolds have several problems also. Two of them you inherited from copying my stuff so well. That's why I was reworking mine when we parted ways.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. I had just talked to you a couple of days ago about some of the changes I was making. Then I saw your new manifold in the magazine. I know it took a while to get that in there. You could have been man enough to say something, but no.....You even apologized for the way this all happened. Then you stabbed me in the back every chance you got. I kept quite for a while. I had been warned about doing business with you and PPE by several good business owners. I should have listened.

The only new rumor to be had here is I tried to make piece but am now giving up. Your BS and lies are just to much for me to accept.

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
LOL.... ok.. I guess there was a "ploy" by multiple people... But the facts are the facts... You can even see when YOUR customer posted in this thread about a month ago with the same info.... guess what? you failed to clear the air AGAIN!:eek:

Of course I don't expect you to promote our products by saying you make them. But I don't doubt (based upon the convo' and posts on here) that if someone was to say that you built our stuff, that you would not inform them of the truth... Just like the post on here. Are you seeing a pattern yet???? :eek:

If that is the case then you will recall me calling you about some flow issues with you manifolds, and what we wanted done to fix the issues with the flow engineering on YOUR manifold design... You know what you told us? It was going to cost US/PPE $10,000. to FIX YOUR DESIGN FLAW..... that is when we started working on our own design with Garrett.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
More BS. You tell lies and BS faster than I can type the truth. Like I said, I don't usually even mention your name around here. Also IIRC someone else set him straight. Myself and my shop are amazed at how well and quick you lie.

You NEVER once had a complaint except the all mighty dollar. That's the bottom line. Why don't you tell me what my design flaw was and how you fixed it? My guess is you'll either come up with something lame or at least say something lame.

You even posted pictures of my old manifolds earlier in the thread. Tell me how they differ from yours? I'm more than willing to show your products problems if you'd like???

Last edited:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I might have to take the rest of the night off. All this typing is cramping my hands.:rofl:

Dan, you don't have to lie and BS to sell parts. I don't. Look at all the people in this thread that stepped up on my behalf. I don't jack them around and I sure as hell don't lie.

You remind me of a really crappy used car salesman. As soon as someone mentions the car dealer down the street you start slinging shit. I don't have to do that cause my car is nicer. All you have right now is the advertising.