PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Duk,

*PPE/Garrett designed Manifolds are cast locally in Southern California, U.S.A and always have... Period!

*Dmax Store is importing cheap overseas knockoff's of PPE products....

Got any picture's of the facility, with the machines used and said USA Garrett employee's using the machines? :thumb:;)

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Duk I was a Boston medic for 5 years so I hear ya. That was another olive branch for you this time just from me. It felt important to give kudos to you given a minor issue we had in the past. Won't refresh your memory if you've forgotten, but I think I'm gonna have to put your store back into my rotation :)

I appreciate the reply and thanks for the reply. The past is just that, something left behind.

I do not work for Dmaxstore anymore. Like Indicated in my post, I have moved on from there as my ethical foundations lead me to realize it was best to. A small part was a great opportunity to seek a offer of employment where I am familiar with and where I am my own boss.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Got any picture's of the facility, with the machines used and said USA Garrett employee's using the machines? :thumb:;)

PPE worked with Garrett directly on our cast high flow exhaust manifold and T-4 turbo pedestal designs. Garrett does not cast our parts.

PPE parts are cast locally in Southern California USA!

Please take some time to watch this interesting video of the production of our cast parts. This video was uploaded to YouTube BACK IN EARLY 2012 :thumb:

[YOUTUBE]cwKVJK0dyEQ[/YOUTUBE]

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Sorry Dan, but I couldn't watch the whole thing.

Once the video claimed that PPE specified the pipe size, which I actually did and you copied, and that you were the first to have an EGR riser, which we did, I gave up.

Just cause you said it in a video doesn't make it so. This also shows that it's not just Dan telling little white lies at PPE. Anyone that followed this stuff at the diesel place knows the truth.

In the end I think the people will make up their own mind, most that know the history already have. Those that don't know the history hopefully saw some of it here.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I see a trend.....

Up pipes-pro fab
Coolant lines- mishimoto
Oil pan- banana pan
Trans pan - mag-hytec

Its easy to copy a product. Make minor changes and call it your own.
Here comes the personal attacks...3..2...:hello:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Don't forget about the tie rod sleeves!!

It's R & D. Rob & Duplicate.

It didn't really bother me that much when they copied the stuff. Like I said I had been warned.

What really bothers me is now they claim it was all them and my stuff is junk. The lies in the video is what started it. Then every where I look they're lying about everything.

Look at the pictures!!! Can you see any reason why theirs might be better than ours?
That's even an old picture of ours. ;)

This was all about the $$$. Nothing else. And they're willing to lie to get them.

I'd also like to give a big :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: to the powers that be here. They are finally letting this stuff be heard, and be heard it should be.

This is what so many fought for back at the dp. This kind of stuff not being allowed, or being made one sided is part of why I think Pat started this site.

Last edited:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
PPE worked with Garrett directly on our cast high flow exhaust manifold and T-4 turbo pedestal designs. Garrett does not cast our parts.

Please take some time to watch this interesting video of the production of our cast parts. This video was uploaded to YouTube BACK IN EARLY 2012 :thumb:

Can someone post a different link, my desktop settings are not allowing/blocking this link to be displayed

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Also, if anyone cares...the pipe in that video that he says is a bellows failure wasn't actually the bellows fault. Even the factory bellows has a crude slip liner inside that overlaps.

In order for that to have happened the structural integrity of the pipe failed first. Between the heat and the pressure the pipe moved and "unlocked" the slip joint. That allowed the thin wall of the bellows to expand with pressure.

It should not be the bellows job to hold the pipe. It should be the pipes job to hold the bellows. That was the main reason for the heavier pipe. On the manifolds it all but solved the problem.

The headers were a little more of a challenge though.

Some of those hard learned lessons that time and real R & D teaches you.

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California

Going to type it once again, if they are now USA made, :thumb: but as of a few months ago, I can and will say, from my own two eyes and ears (in a position and place to know at the time) disagree. You and or the business may imply this, but for an Olive branch to have the roots, soil, trunk, bark, branches, leaves and all the olives and plant the tree in someone elses yard, sure is very coincidental don't you think.

Put the dmaxstore manifolds, and up pipes next to your PPE and the only difference will be the stamped name and CARB CERT

Heck, those tie rod ends this same olive branch was or is still making for PPE Tie rods, are now falling off the olive branch planted in the other guys yard...... :hug:

From my memory of contact numbers, emails, names...... I can most likely open my own Duramax steering and manifold company and include some ford parts (sinister, Ooops, I mean similar olive tree and yard). Why you say, there is no patents ...... other than I cant manufacture, or have manufactured a support kit for my idlers or pitmans, There is a reason that two popular UCA's look almost identical...

Why nobody else has made or have made a hectagon tie rod body or center link and slapped mevotech, moog, rare parts ends or over seas ends on them, is beyond me... or another boxed style UCA, Slapped moog or mevotech, cognito ball joints in them and call them their own is beyond me.....No patent stopping one from doing...

Get an account with a wholesale company or two and slap all the brands they offer on the internet web store one made at Go Daddy and drop ship it all, then bam.. your in business. (Diesel Brothers or others familiar to us, maybe ring a bell)

Anybody care to invest in another steering brand and online parts store??? anyone :D

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Going to type it once again, if they are now USA made, :thumb: but as of a few months ago, I can and will say, from my own two eyes and ears (in a position and place to know at the time) disagree. You and or the business may imply this, but for an Olive branch to have the roots, soil, trunk, bark, branches, leaves and all the olives and plant the tree in someone elses yard, sure is very coincidental don't you think.

Put the dmaxstore manifolds, and up pipes next to your PPE and the only difference will be the stamped name and CARB CERT

Heck, those tie rod ends this same olive branch was or is still making for PPE Tie rods, are now falling off the olive branch planted in the other guys yard...... :hug:

From my memory of contact numbers, emails, names...... I can most likely open my own Duramax steering and manifold company. Why you say, there is no patents ...... other than I cant manufacture, or have manufactured a support kit for my idlers or pitmans, There is a reason that two popular UCA's look almost identical...

Why nobody else has made or have made a hectagon tie rod body or center link and slapped mevotech, moog, rare parts ends or over seas ends on them, is beyond me... or another boxed style UCA, Slapped moog or mevotech, cognito ball joints in them and call them their own is beyond me.....No patent stopping one from doing...

Get an account with a wholesale company or two and slap all the brands they offer on the internet web store one made at Go Daddy and drop ship it all, then bam.. your in business. (Diesel Brothers or others familiar to us, maybe)

Anybody care to invest in another steering brand and online parts store??? anyone :D

What's your Paypal?:rofl:

RavenRider

Nov 9, 2013
Hastings, Minnesota
Wow

I just read this whole mess, while looking for some answers for the truck I have spent thousands of dollars on.

Answers, nothing but drivel between two companies, who did this first or that after some one else.
What a waste of my time this has been.

I've seen this kind of junk on other forums, but had hoped this one was above that.

Good lord, I may as well watch a soap opera on TV.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Wow

I just read this whole mess, while looking for some answers for the truck I have spent thousands of dollars on.

Answers, nothing but drivel between two companies, who did this first or that after some one else.
What a waste of my time this has been.

I've seen this kind of junk on other forums, but had hoped this one was above that.

Good lord, I may as well watch a soap opera on TV.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but look at it from my side.

I've spent 17 years making parts for Duramax trucks. I did a lot of the wrong things along the way got crucified for them. It was a learning experience and a VERY expensive one.

Now that I've got enough time under my belt to actually know what these trucks need someone comes along and copies my stuff. That puts me, my family, and my employees and their families at risk.

If you think I won't fight for that you don't know me very well.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Raven. That's fine if you feel that way. But there are many other threads than this one that speak to the products.

This thread was a while in the making.

At least as of now, while not for everyone, this forum has the most/best in depth technical discussions.

Duk. You're 100% right. And rather than choose and offer the best products in a certain area, typically value is sought, value for the vendor and not the customer. Not directed at anyone I've dealt with on this site FYI