PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Why bother with BS at all? Shoot straight.

Specifically in comparison to other legitimate options (not dmax/Rudy), Why should a buyer choose the PPE set.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Care to elaborate?

Did I make any false statements about when we were doing business together?

No, I'm probably already gonna get a nasty PM from Pat.

You seem to be able to say anything you want around here and get away with it. I'm lucky so many people see through you and your companies BS.

You have turned in to the Steve C of this site.

Last edited:

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
:catfight2: :poop: I say let this go on. It helps guys like me wade through the bullshit and form my opinion on who I should buy my parts from. so with that said would any of you gentleman like another stone to cast?

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
I feel bad because I started this just by asking if Rick had any updates about his products getting carb certified. Sorry guys

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No brainer to me...
:catfight2: :poop: I say let this go on. It helps guys like me wade through the bullshit and form my opinion on who I should buy my parts from. so with that said would any of you gentleman like another stone to cast?

I would not base my decision on this, we don't know the whole story and reads as though it goes back a looooooong ways. In all honesty it makes it more difficult for me as I have had PM's with both of them and both respond as stand up guys.

The responses above read as though they're about 20-40 y/o (could be wrong) Rick and Dan more than likely in their 50's. Me, over 50 and we have a dinosaur on here that still does transmissions, he can be a little intimidating on the forum and I have spoken to him numerous times and one of the nicest guys you ever want to talk to on the phone, at least that has been my experience. I would have Mike L. or Evan rebuild my transmission anytime.

I would purchase parts from either one these men as I do not know the whole story......:thumb:

Last edited:

kubitza123

Sep 19, 2016
Texas
My ProFab down pipe, up pipes and manifolds fit perfectly. I chose Rick since everyone had great things to say and he was the original maker.

I have no doubts PPE product is great as well since I run some of their parts as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 126

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
You are correct sir. Although as i see it in plain text it reads like someone's shit doesnt stink. Ill be honest its not appealing to me as a consumer. I mean come on your telling me as a premier performance shop owner. your personal vehicle doesnt push the envelope. Not even a little? Come on, I ain't buying it. It doesnt make this person bad just not appealing to spend money with. You are also correct about not knowing the back story or bad blood. Both are probably great guys and moreover give the best Christmas presents! Its just the way it reads, like two different personalities. Like im sweet till i have your money feeling. Dont get me wrong i would get upset when i feel attached but as a business owner i would pull out the numbers and simply say shoooosh! And trump this shit put my money where my mouth is. Im not trying to bash anyone as i dont know or have personal attachments to anyone Just simply giving my two cents.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I would not base my decision on this, we don't know the whole story and reads as though it goes back a looooooong ways. In all honesty it makes it more difficult for me as I have had PM's with both of them and both respond as stand up guys.

The responses above read as though they're about 20-40 y/o (could be wrong) Rick and Dan more than likely in their 50's. Me, over 50 and we have a dinosaur on here that still does transmissions, he can be a little intimidating on the forum and I have spoken to him numerous times and one of the nicest guys you ever want to talk to on the phone, at least that has been my experience. I would have Mike L. or Evan rebuild my transmission anytime.

I would purchase parts from either one these men as I do not know the whole story......:thumb:

It isn't just this thread. I've talked with both of them also. Rick has always done right by me and helped me with some little things as well. Even if there are cheaper parts I'll always go back to him as I know it's quality and I can count on him if I need anything.

It's who I always recommend. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Bought several things from Rick, his customer service is one of the best on here and his products always fit, look and perform amazing. Nothing against PPE but once I've found a good vendor I don't switch.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

I have been on here a long time. I know enough. You do what ever you want, your a big boy:thumb:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I have been on here a long time. I know enough. You do what ever you want, your a big boy:thumb:

Life experiences up for discussion....:thumb:

c20elephant; said:
Short and simple, I missed my 50's due to a what happened about 4-1/2 years ago then I blew through my 60's and 70's and it goes like this:

What occurred was my view of life went from a 50 year old veteran of life to somewhere around the maturity level of an 80+ year old seasoned codger of life in some respects, with a little *enlightenment of life added then throw in some 10 year old boy immaturity and I guess you could say I'm well rounded or totally screwed up in the head..who knows I may be normal after all....

*Enlightenment is an unusual word, at least for me. I got a very large dose of it at about 5 years old and not something you can explain. Bad part, I did not realize what it was till I was about 30 years old then life made sense.

Last edited:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Thanks Guys!! We are a Mom and Pop shop for sure. My son runs the shop and my wife answers the phone. I play. :rofl:

We started making stuff for Duramax trucks back in 2001 when I bought my first one. I posted up my pictures and results and the rest is history. Since then I've owned almost 20 Duramax powered trucks. I've also even talked people in to letting us use their trucks for testing.

Most of our stuff was the very first stuff of it's kind so I did all the R & D myself. There was no one to copy and I wouldn't have anyway. We've also had our share of failures back in the early years. We took care of each and every one we knew about.

My stuff has been copied more times than I can tell you. Right down to the way it bolts on. Multi-part items are even copied so well that some of their parts will interchange with mine. :(

And although most companies lie about it ours are made right here in our shop in Holden, Missouri. About the only thing we get that we don't manufacture in house are raw materials, bellows, and coatings. Our castings are done in Kansas and Missouri in our own core boxes and patterns. We have been approached by people with the "NOT" made in the USA stuff and never found any we could trust or that actually worked as needed.

We have our own benders, machining centers, mills, lathe's, welders, a waterjet, and a cnc high def plazma, and dyno.

I'm not trying to come off like an angel here. I can be an ass hat too sometimes. Just ask my help. I'm also not gonna call someone out for something my company was known for doing in the past.

I will stand behind my product 100% and help those that don't cop an attitude with me.

I'm probably suffering from TMI now, but this is my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
You're saying you invented the Duramax and GM copied it? I don't have my glasses today so forgive me if I read that wrong.