PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Why bother with BS at all? Shoot straight.

Specifically in comparison to other legitimate options (not dmax/Rudy), Why should a buyer choose the PPE set.

Sure... I'll take the bait..:eek:

1. PPE manifolds are cast in the USA (California), From Hi-sil Moly (very robust material)

2. Our manifolds were co-designed with Garrett Honeywell on their proprietary flow software to maximize flow and reduce back pressure, while maintaining OEM like reliability

3. LIFETIME warranty

4. 50 state legal (no issues with smog checks, when smog checks come to your state and they will)

5. The up-pipes use a TRUE aircraft grade bellow

6. PPE's up-pipe use only two pieces of pipe, where others use 3 pieces butt welded together (less robust and more turbulence).

7. Includes Manifold and up-pipe gaskets (high end gaskets), and Down pipe support bracket to support your down pipe like OEM.

8. larger egt/drive pressure bosses cast in manifold (won't crack).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
No, I'm probably already gonna get a nasty PM from Pat.

You seem to be able to say anything you want around here and get away with it. I'm lucky so many people see through you and your companies BS.

You have turned in to the Steve C of this site.

Ya I guess that will happen when you break the vendor/forum rules. Maybe next time don't promote your products in other vendors sections....

How dare you call me such a Vile/Dirty/Nasty name....... Do you kiss you significant other with that dirty mouth???? :D :roflmao:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
You are correct sir. Although as i see it in plain text it reads like someone's shit doesnt stink. Ill be honest its not appealing to me as a consumer. I mean come on your telling me as a premier performance shop owner. your personal vehicle doesnt push the envelope. Not even a little? Come on, I ain't buying it. It doesnt make this person bad just not appealing to spend money with. You are also correct about not knowing the back story or bad blood. Both are probably great guys and moreover give the best Christmas presents! Its just the way it reads, like two different personalities. Like im sweet till i have your money feeling. Dont get me wrong i would get upset when i feel attached but as a business owner i would pull out the numbers and simply say shoooosh! And trump this shit put my money where my mouth is. Im not trying to bash anyone as i dont know or have personal attachments to anyone Just simply giving my two cents.

is this directed at me?

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I'll be there. Right down the isle from the PPE display. It would be nice to iron this out once and for all if that's even possible.

BTW, I never posted in your forum to pimp my products. That is the sort of BS statement you get called out on.

There was a thread on oil pressure. I didn't even realize where it was posted. I saw it in the active topics search.

I posted that "in the old days GM said the SBC only needed 7 PSI of oil pressure to survive."

Whole lot of pimping going on there. :roflmao:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
You came down awful hard on Russ and Honda rider for doing things similar to what you and your company did so often not so long ago.

I know for a fact you would shut off and tune out the EGR stuff in you tuners. You did it for me. That was the basis for the "pot calling the kettle black" statement. Again it seemed like more of your BS to most of us.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I can't and won't say anything bad about Dan or anyone else at PPE. I've always had good service and quality products from them. Whatever issues is going on between Dan/PPE and Rick is between Dan/PPE and Rick. I will, however, say that I have witnessed and received nothing but outstanding customer service from Rick and his crew at ProFab. I personally saw him take a display up-pipe from one of his vendors at a race to replace one of his parts that failed on a customer's truck so he could continue racing. I also was very well taken care of when they built my new turbo pedestal and headers for the Dumpster. I think it was less than two weeks from the time I sent him my mock up pedestal to the time I had a complete kit at my door ready to bolt on. That's pretty good for a custom, one off piece. I have always been very happy with the quality of product and blown away by the service the folks at ProFab provide. I hope Dan and Rick are able to sort out their problems and continue providing us all the best quality products they can.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Sure... I'll take the bait..:eek:

1. PPE manifolds are cast in the USA (California), From Hi-sil Moly (very robust material)

2. Our manifolds were co-designed with Garrett Honeywell on their proprietary flow software to maximize flow and reduce back pressure, while maintaining OEM like reliability

3. LIFETIME warranty

4. 50 state legal (no issues with smog checks, when smog checks come to your state and they will)

5. The up-pipes use a TRUE aircraft grade bellow

6. PPE's up-pipe use only two pieces of pipe, where others use 3 pieces butt welded together (less robust and more turbulence).

7. Includes Manifold and up-pipe gaskets (high end gaskets), and Down pipe support bracket to support your down pipe like OEM.

8. larger egt/drive pressure bosses cast in manifold (won't crack).

Hope this helps!

Danboy, that wasn't bait :) I just wanted to hear, from you, how your offering differs or why buyers should look at them. Hopefully amongst the tit for tat, we can get some real info too, ya know?

Thanks for answering, I appreciate it. I only have one PPE piece, a cac boot. Came with hella amounts of swag though so thank you for that haha.

Y'all and Rick should bury the hatchet at that show. We all bullshit now and then, but our community will be better off without this kind of shit between two resources.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
is this directed at me?

Your a smart man. I would put money on it.

I dont think the quality of parts is in question. I would (if i could ever afford any of these products) buy from either companies. Like i said thoe, this read helps me form my opinion on buying from one or the other. For instance, if i wanted a part from one company (lets say profab) and couldnt afford it and unless it was on sale at the other (lets use PPE). I would wait and save more money for the other companies (profab's) product. All just because of the feeling i get from simply reading this forum. Now im sorry if this upsets anyone as thats not why im here or trying to do. Plus I cant say anything bad about anyone just because I have a feeling and as anyone can see im in California and pass by PPE everyday going to work and its a matter of time before i spend money with them.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Danboy, that wasn't bait :) I just wanted to hear, from you, how your offering differs or why buyers should look at them. Hopefully amongst the tit for tat, we can get some real info too, ya know?

Thanks for answering, I appreciate it. I only have one PPE piece, a cac boot. Came with hella amounts of swag though so thank you for that haha.

Y'all and Rick should bury the hatchet at that show. We all bullshit now and then, but our community will be better off without this kind of shit between two resources.

I know it wasn't, was just a general comment (as in this could get ugly, lol). This is the kind of stuff that triggers people, then the fighting starts. However we shouldn't have to deal with the infighting when providing facts and info to interested customers, but it how it goes on the forums, sometimes.

Anyway I hope I answered your questions. If you have any other feel free to post, PM or Call! :hug:

Your a smart man. I would put money on it.

I dont think the quality of parts is in question. I would (if i could ever afford any of these products) buy from either companies. Like i said thoe, this read helps me form my opinion on buying from one or the other. For instance, if i wanted a part from one company (lets say profab) and couldnt afford it and unless it was on sale at the other (lets use PPE). I would wait and save more money for the other companies (profab's) product. All just because of the feeling i get from simply reading this forum. Now im sorry if this upsets anyone as thats not why im here or trying to do. Plus I cant say anything bad about anyone just because I have a feeling and as anyone can see im in California and pass by PPE everyday going to work and its a matter of time before i spend money with them.

Just wanted to clarify your comment, It appears you believe I'm the owner of PPE. I am NOT the owner, just a long time employee (20 plus years). Stop by next time your are in the area... I'll give you a tour of the shop! :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im just sitting back and letting things roll along and we'll see what we see in the end.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
here comes Tom... Bacing up the thread... what is the point of your post? do you have anything relevant to add? or you just stopping by to give a good stir. :D

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Dan, you are correct. I have no idea who the owner is. I havent delt with very many people in the industry because im really not into drag/street racing (desert guy) but a weekend warrior, diehard enthusiast none the less. Dont get me wrong ive seen your company's work and it is great. I understand how things on a forum can be misinterpreted due to no depth and vague expression. Do to this, and im guilty of this we often forget to take a step back and get some oxygen. Anywho when i can sneak away from life i will stop by and say hi. I am highly interested in the mechanical side and it would be interesting to see it in person and not on youtube or read about it on a forum. Thanks for the invite ill take you up on it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
here comes Tom... Bacing up the thread... what is the point of your post? do you have anything relevant to add? or you just stopping by to give a good stir. :D
Just reassuring members that there wont be any post deleting going on here ;)....they are free to make their own decisions based on what they read and go from there.

Years ago, I decided I will not run anything PPE-related on my truck. I just didnt like how PPE does business, and I still dont.
They're not the only company in the diesel industry that I feel this way about either, so dont think I am picking on them.
It is my belief that there are better performing options out there other than these companies.
If there isnt any better for what I am doing , then I go without and/or find a way around it.

Ive had Ricks manis and ups for 7 years now. Never had an issue with them. Always treated respectfully as a person/customer by him and his company.

Last edited:

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Just wanted to clarify your comment, It appears you believe I'm the owner of PPE. I am NOT the owner, just a long time employee (20 plus years). Stop by next time your are in the area... I'll give you a tour of the shop! :thumb:
I'd hate to think you worked for me and was on the internet talking to people the way you talk to them while representing my business. I was under the impression you were the owner as well.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I'd hate to think you worked for me and was on the internet talking to people the way you talk to them while representing my business. I was under the impression you were the owner as well.

Slim, this is nothing compared to what one company representative on another website wrote about me publically and posted some PM's on the site to boot.