Oval Chamber Pistons

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
No Cracks.:thumb:

Only complaint has been about MPG and then only by one person.

I will have to check, seems we are over 40 sets out there now. 10 or so are still builds in progress.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

and that person would most likely be me... which i think i'm really the only person that's really matters too :roflmao: there are too many things that can effect mpg.. i will know more/and post up info/pictures, when i pull the engine apart and check all the specs.. since i have a new tow rig so i can keep making money :thumb:

as for service life i have over 70,000 miles on them in heavy towing setup

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
and that person would most likely be me... which i think i'm really the only person that's really matters too :roflmao: there are too many things that can effect mpg.. i will know more/and post up info/pictures, when i pull the engine apart and check all the specs.. since i have a new tow rig so i can keep making money :thumb:

70,000 miles already? Jebus :thumb:

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007

Nice!

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
No Cracks.:thumb:

I will have to check, seems we are over 40 sets out there now. 10 or so are still builds in progress.

Hopefully this fall or early winter I can get mine done.

Sent from my GT-I9300

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
We got a set for my build, the look amazing. can't wait to see how they do. I will post results when we get them. just debating on going with bigger turbos.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Finally got the motor back. They look good in there.
5ynu8eqe.jpg

chevytuf01

Dirty Deeds
Jul 2, 2010
Rileyville Virginia
Brett has made at least ten 9sec passes on cast fingers pistons at 148mph in his
C10 with vgt twins. I am almost 1100hp with vgt twins and single cp3 on cast fingers pistons. I have sled pullers running these pistons in 1200+hp setups and so far we have not had a single issue with them. We are extremely pleased with the performance!:thumb:

mark the pullers at 1200+ are they cast or forged pistons ?

dmaxpuller

Nov 6, 2013
The ones Mark put in mine were cast, put around 20 hooks on engine this year, not a single problem, tons of power, engine coming out this winter to check over.
These went in a built 2.6 puller, pushing very hard!!!

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Let me apologize before I start but this is a forum mainly for obtaining and building up our info on Duramax stuff.
With that said, I wanted to gather more info on the Duramax stuff from the person who has accomplished arguably the most. Gale Banks.
So I mentioned issues with stock pistons and asked him about oval shaped bowls. He immediately said that an oval design would ruin swirl and completely takes away from the engineered swirl in the combustion chamber.

With that said, I have proudly purchased oval pistons and I will have more peace of mind using them vs not. I do believe power is lost due to the design not as effectively helping combustion, but then again I would rather have a set of cast pistons I can beat on and be able to make up for lost swirl with extra booost!

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Let me apologize before I start but this is a forum mainly for obtaining and building up our info on Duramax stuff.
With that said, I wanted to gather more info on the Duramax stuff from the person who has accomplished arguably the most. Gale Banks.
So I mentioned issues with stock pistons and asked him about oval shaped bowls. He immediately said that an oval design would ruin swirl and completely takes away from the engineered swirl in the combustion chamber.

With that said, I have proudly purchased oval pistons and I will have more peace of mind using them vs not. I do believe power is lost due to the design not as effectively helping combustion, but then again I would rather have a set of cast pistons I can beat on and be able to make up for lost swirl with extra booost!

Gale banks is probably just pissed he never thought of it. I will never own anything with the name "banks" on it.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Gale banks is probably just pissed he never thought of it. I will never own anything with the name "banks" on it.

Probable, or do you mean actual?
I don't think he is worried about oval pistons.
Besides, there are no patents and if there were, a 10% change is all that is needed.

Again. I am trying to get input on swirl and combustion and trying not to measure johnsons (I'm sure there is a forum out there for you)