No dual cp3 controller

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Brayden,

I think you took a question posed by myself way too personally.

Fingers is an expert in electronics, he has developed more than a few cool things for the Dmax, he was skeptical about the load on the ecm's circuitry.

I was also skeptical because having tuned many trucks with mismatched pumps, stroker pumps, etc I never had an issue where they could not be made to play nicely with what EFI-Live has offered us with their software.

I also remember that another tuner named Steve Cole felt very threatened when EFI-Live was released as many of us could then tune our own Duramax Diesel trucks all of sudden he was not as important as he was prior to that happening, and we see where his tuning business is today.

So at some point either this will be proved out as fact or it won't, but until then there are some of us here that won't blindly follow or believe something just because you or anyone else says it's possible or not possible to do with what is available thru EFI-Live software is all I am getting to.

:thumb:

So the value I add to this conversation is that I don't have to believe what you or anyone else says, when I try it myself and if others also try it and it does not work then you will make a believer out of me and the rest of the dmax community.

Until then I will remain skeptical that it is nothing more than rescaling some readily available tables and adjusting some P.I.D. values.

It is no more complicated than that,........;)

Glad to see your a hoarder, I don't feel I need 100's of ecms, but to each their own.

So the value you added was you didn't think it would work: "So the value I add to this conversation is that I don't have to believe what you or anyone else says, when I try it myself and if others also try it and it does not work then you will make a believer out of me and the rest of the dmax community".

I still didnt see the value... I just dont see the need to butt in and give that opinion, but thats just me. Better yet, go try it and then give you opinion....:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think it's cool. I want to try it myself. I already know where to get the connectors to make a harness.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Since I never gave this much thought ...

What if you just pulled the coil out of the regulator, doubled the winding count?

Is there room?

Then you could sell dual CP3 regulators that are already ported.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Since I never gave this much thought ...

What if you just pulled the coil out of the regulator, doubled the winding count?

Is there room?

Then you could sell dual CP3 regulators that are already ported.

Good question, Brayden said other regulators are being controlled that draw higher amperage, Bosch tends to make some items interchangeable, maybe they already make a fpr that requires less amperage and will fit???

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
I like the ecm controlling both FPR's.... It just sucks because I'm still using a LLY ecm and harness in our 3.0 pulling truck...

I do have a wrecked 08 LMM that I'm nearing the end of parting out, maybe I need to rework that harness and control it with the LMM ecu in the future.

If only money grew on trees! I'd like to go to a dry sump oil system and change our second cp3 mount and put a new stroker cp3 in the valley... Along with fixing the nearly 2 piece crankshaft... Oh, and a Fleece data logger kit and a sleeved, big bore DMAX block, but I'll never make enough $ for the last item, lol.

Last edited:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
I don't understand why you are questioning if it works or not all h&s dual pump kits come with no controller... Where is the question if it works or not? It works, already been done.