No dual cp3 controller

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
DOH!!! OK, I understand now.

Never gave it much thought since the kits come with a regulator. Hence you can use the kits with any type of tuning, handheld or custom.

Haha.... It's not world changing... Just cool in my opinion, just one of those things "I wonder if this will work" and then it does and is pretty cool to us nerdy folk I suppose. Lol

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
So I take it the ECMs in these trucks are just getting more powerful with every new model.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
You would be one to say its stupid and why would you and then go and try to duplicate! Enough said.

I did not say it was stupid, those are your words, not mine, I just doubt that in the long term it may not be the best way to go, but I have five extra LML ecms so I can afford to burn up a few trying..................:thumb:

Have fun, I have spare LBZ ecms in case you need one too.

;)

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Those are not correct values. As I posted before; straight DC, the regulators draw about 4 Amps. At 90% duty cycle, the impedance keeps it just under 1.7 Amps.

At idle, the regulators are at about 40% duty cycle. (single pump) 60%-80% dual pumps. OEM regulators are fully closed somewhere around 90% and fully open somewhere around 10%.

The strain on the power circuit is when the system tries to dump pressure and command max duty cycle. Unstable rail pressures work the hell out of the regulators too.

That's what I was concerned about, when the ecm tries to bring the rail down from 30K psi to around 5K or less.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
That's what I was concerned about, when the ecm tries to bring the rail down from 30K psi to around 5K or less.

With the changes we make, it works as though it is strait from the factory. Follows stock pressure curves and desired to a "t".

I doubt you will burn up LML ECM trying it unless you make changes in places you do not know what they are. We have been doing it for months with no failures.

I doubt he would need a ECM from you if it failed, Brayden has a room full of 100s and 100s of ecms! Lol

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Shimming FPRV's was stupid back in 04 too :)

The lbz has tables in EFI for min and max duty cycle. The factoryax amperage table is scaled to 2000 mA because, guess what, the factory metering unit from bosch is a 2 amp MeUn. There are pumps like CPN5 that run from a 4 amp MeUn, from Bosch. This isn't a new concept, it just hasn't been advertised. Pump controllers fail and the ECM rarely does. The values in the ECM aren't happenstance, they work for a reason. I define metering unit impedance, max current, and flow to current and adjust PID loops as necessary.
Kory and I will have all models covered shortly. Cummins included. Funny I mention that, the identical CM2100 that runs a 2 amp Bosch MeUn is implemented and cal'd on Bosch 4 amp regs on other applications.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
So after looking through / asking your resources and referencing calibration data for those platforms you are in agreement that this is a good idea? I'm a little dense.. Just looking for clarification.

I looked through my info and applied it and the results don't match the theory posted above. It works perfectly.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
So after looking through / asking your resources and referencing calibration data for those platforms you are in agreement that this is a good idea? I'm a little dense.. Just looking for clarification.

I looked through my info and applied it and the results don't match the theory posted above. It works perfectly.

When I try it on an an LBZ, LMM, and LML I'll get back to you, in fact if I get it to work would you like me to share my results with the forum or would you like me to keep it to myself ?

I also didn't have to look thru any resources or ask anyone, I simply looked at the currently available EFI-LIVE tables to see what the scaling was and made a determination that 10000 / 100 = 10 and 4000 / 100 = 4.

I used division and did it all in my head............;)...........I did not even need a calculator for that one, just simply applied something I learned in 1978 when I was in grammar school, I know math changed since then.

So we are clarifying that nothing else is needed by anyone to rescale the amperage and P.I.D. controls for eliminating a dual CP3 CONTROLLER and anyone can do this, or am I misreading what Kory posted and that we still need a secret squirrel "STEVE COLE" magic table.

Just wondering, because anyone who needs 100's and 100's of ecms, a whole room full in fact either needs them for show or go, or maybe in case it didn't work we want to have spares.

Or maybe it was multiplication we were using, we really have 10 so we multiply that by 10 to make it sound better and call it 100's.

Can we get a pic of that room with 100's and 100's of ecm's ? I need a new desk top PIC, that would way too cool to see that.

:thumb:

Last edited:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
When I try it on an an LBZ, LMM, and LML I'll get back to you, in fact if I get it to work would you like me to share my results with the forum or would you like me to keep it to myself ?

I also didn't have to look thru any resources or ask anyone, I simply looked at the currently available EFI-LIVE tables to see what the scaling was and made a determination that 10000 / 100 = 10 and 4000 / 100 = 4.

I used division and did it all in my head............;)...........I did not even need a calculator for that one, just simply applied something I learned in 1978 when I was in grammar school, I know math changed since then.

So we are clarifying that nothing else is needed by anyone to rescale the amperage and P.I.D. controls for eliminating a dual CP3 CONTROLLER and anyone can do this, or am I misreading what Kory posted and that we still need a secret squirrel "STEVE COLE" magic table.

Just wondering, because anyone who needs 100's and 100's of ecms, a whole room full in fact either needs them for show or go, or maybe in case it didn't work we want to have spares.

Or maybe it was multiplication we were using, we really have 10 so we multiply that by 10 to make it sound better and call it 100's.

Can we get a pic of that room with 100's and 100's of ecm's ? I need a new desk top PIC, that would way too cool to see that.

As I wrote... You can try with efilive... But it doesn't have all the tables to do it. You will hit some limiters, but it's easy to offset them behind the scenes with "secret squirrel"
stuff. It's easier than deleting a LML without the help of efilive, I'll put it that way! I would guess he has so many ecms because he has a hoarding issue! Or, perhaps he does more cool stuff with ecms than most know :-D

Last edited:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
As I wrote... You can try with efilive... But it doesn't have all the tables to do it. You will hit some limiters, but it's easy to offset them behind the sense with "secret squirrel"
Stuff. I would guess he has so many ecms because he has a hoarding issue! Or, perhaps he does more cool stuff with ecms than most know :-D

It sounds like he's trying to build Skynet in his back room:)

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008

There is nothing currently displayed in efilive that you can add subtract or multiply to come up with the max amperage the EDC16 or EDC17 MeUn driver can handle. Because it isn't displayed as 4 amps anywhere in the cal.. It's calibrated from the factory at 2 amps. = 2000mA

Yeah maybe I have a hoarding problem, but you never know when you'll need something right?

Last edited by a moderator: