Mechanical Duramax

1slow01Z71

Wannabe EFILive Tuner
What is your position on guys stroker kits? By the logic highlighted above in red it seems you are saying they are not duramax motors anymore? :confused:

Is a stock duramax motor with an aftermarket turbo considered a "real" duramax? How about one with rods, cam, and pistons?

I agree with the analogy of the chevy big block, to me that is the correct mindset when describing a mech. injected dmax.

Not saying I am right, just stating my opinion. Thanks

If the bore centers are the same its a Dmax IMO, just like any gas motor with an aftermarket block, heads, cam, crank, rods, pistons, etc.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
It took me a few days to catch this thread at home where I could watch the videos.

I think Ben might be right, this looks like the Massey that had the dual-pumped 6.2/6.5. It makes sense that he went this route for that type of class as the 6.6 provides a much sturdier foundation to build a totally mechanical engine than the 6.5 block does. I doubt that it is a real high power engine. It appears to have no intercooling or WMI. With a big turbo, IATs must get out of hand pretty quickly....

Anyone else find it odd that they pull tractors like that with no helmets, jackets or gloves? :confused:

Apparently this guy is the sled owner as well as a puller, so I guess gets to make the rules; but I'm not driving that thing in jeans and a T-shirt....:)

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I think its a badass little machine! As short, light, and squrrly as it it, if I had to guess, hes prolly not got that thing fully fueled or @ WOT during those runs! Cousre we dont know if it has built internals either? He might not be pushing it that hard of if he does it would spit rods! As fast as it revs up, sure seems to have some oats! It looks like the exhaust is kinda small and hard to tell but the turbo dosnt look to big either. Also indivtive of that, its whining awfully high and fast for the way throttle is applied!

Course all speculation till we see hard facts from someone of close knoledge of it, which might be a trick since its in germany.

And one cool rig setup too!

And no way in hell id do it sans all thesafty gear like that! Here i thought i was a crazy german:rofl:

nwpadmax

comlpete diphsit
Aug 17, 2006
under my truck
I could be wrong, but it just looks like some Germans having some fun.

No crazy claims, no marketing hype, just a neat little MF with a Dmax. :D

Cool by me!

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I didnt hear there lauguage much, could very well be, heck i dunno:rofl: Alot of sledheads in europe! Germans included! I did hear some polka-ish music in there shop! And Polka is German like nobodys business!

If they are krauts, they should make there pulls wearing lederhosen and holding a beer stien :rofl::rofl::rofl: