Mechanical Duramax

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
pretty cool!! wonder why they mounted the inline pump that way?? guess a shaft runs underneath the pump to the gearing the CP3 uses??? very cool nonetheless

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
he still has some stomp rattle like we get sometimes with the CR system. :D

I was hoping for a tach-recall shot somewhere but no luck. Wish they spoke english, would be interesting to ask them a few questions. :hug:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Here's the thing, fuel is not intelligent enough to know how it got into the cylinder.

So the injection method is not important if does the following:

Correct timing
Correct amount
Good atomization

With the CR, we can't get enough amount currently, but up to the point we run out of fuel, all three are doable. With mechanical you can't get correct timing or amount. Close, but it can't be adjusted for engine parameters like CR does.

So exactly what advantage does mechanical have? Does it massage the fuels feet, or just improve it's self-esteem.

There is a reason Audi isn't running a mechanical injection system, and neither did JCB. These are multi-million dollar custom racing engines. If there were some advantage to mechanical injection, don't you think they would have heard about it by now?

I will make a prediction. It will dyno no higher than CR engines, and the dyno sheets will remain secret like most pullers. It will be a better engine than the 12v, because it's a better design, not because of Magic Fuel Effects.

however pat on a pulling engine there is a very small RPM range where all things have to be perfect. Thus perfect smooth running throughout the RPM range is not very important, its not a street vehicle.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
i was thinking the samething but the 8cyl. sigma is bad. eric has had a few duramaxs which is i think the reason for the body change but he has been running a cummings for a long time i dont think that he is changing but you never know who has what up their sleeve. that motor did only have a big single turbo on it anyways

its not a sigma,

it looks like one of CDSs homebuilt Billet bumps which cost more than what our trucks are worth these days.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
very very cool!!! ....but only for the "wow" factor, because no one has done it before...

worth all the hard work, money, and custom fab time? Hardly, IMO.

And if you listen to it closely during the pull, its really not revving any higher than a built up high horsepower CR dmax puller.....

soooooooooo....the advantage is...............??? (...crickets...)

ben

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
was that the same tractor that used to have the 6.2 diesel with twin injection pumps?? I think it sounds sweet at idle!!! :cool:

from mid throttle and above, it just sounds like any other CR dmax IMO...

Last edited:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
very very cool!!! ....but only for the "wow" factor, because no one has done it before...

worth all the hard work, money, and custom fab time? Hardly, IMO.

And if you listen to it closely during the pull, its really not revving any higher than a built up high horsepower CR dmax puller.....

soooooooooo....the advantage is...............??? (...crickets...)

ben

I vote we ban this guy.:joker:

I am anxious to see one of these get running here locally to see if it actually stays in one piece and can make the claimed power. Will any new parts come our way because of these creations, I doubt it.

I'm sure these videos are breaking some hearts out there that wanted to be the first to do it.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm with ben, it didn't sound any higher, if even as high, revving as some of the CR DMaxes I've seen pulling and racing. Go watch/listen to McRat's last drag race where he tacked 5000+ or Banks' truck SCREAMIN. Those are RPMs. Now I suppose it could be just different turbos sound different but to me it didn't sound any higher revved.

It does kinda resemble that tractor that had the 6.2 but I thought it was black or blue for some reason??? Similar size tractor though. Maybe it is the same?

And Ed's probably right, probably some hurt feelings for not being the first to get this done. Though I suspect the ones being done on this side of the pond are gonna be a notch or two or three higher than that thing! :rockon:

C-ya

Last edited: