Godspeed turbos?

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
He is not totally unknown to me, I was recommended to him by someone else but yuh I don't much care if it goes. It will be my own dime on this turbo if it goes though:(. I already am a bit scared of it with all this black engine oil dripping out of it! The thrust and bearings seem to be tight though...
Well....his phrase under his avatar is, "Its all good until.....BOOM!" I guess he really does want to find out what'll happen.

Crazy that anyone would use parts from a total unknown without vetting them thoroughly first.
A business should do their testing on their own dime, not their customer's.
Its just too damn expensive to have to rebuild a f-up.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
He is not totally unknown to me, I was recommended to him by someone else but yuh I don't much care if it goes. It will be my own dime on this turbo if it goes though:(. I already am a bit scared of it with all this black engine oil dripping out of it! The thrust and bearings seem to be tight though...

Well, look at it this way.....if Russ checks it out and all is ok/good, then you've got that assurance before you run it, and we find out that it might be an option for some. If it doesnt check out, is poorly assembled, tolerences way out of spec, etc......then everyone can see its something to stay far, far away from.

lil bleur

Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Right on!
Well, look at it this way.....if Russ checks it out and all is ok/good, then you've got that assurance before you run it, and we find out that it might be an option for some. If it doesnt check out, is poorly assembled, tolerences way out of spec, etc......then everyone can see its something to stay far, far away from.

lil bleur

Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Well my buddy got it in the truck and its coming right back out. Has an ex leak at the big v-band clamp at the ex housing. Seems weird.

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know
Haha! Had a buddy with his stock LML turbo (Swaped it for a 3794). Before he gave it to me, he put it up for sale on FB and this GodSpeed turbo guy contacted him wanting to buy it for "core charge" at $50. :rofl: Saying thats all a 200 mile stocker was worth.

Guy was kinda a dick tbh. But to each their own.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Haha! Had a buddy with his stock LML turbo (Swaped it for a 3794). Before he gave it to me, he put it up for sale on FB and this GodSpeed turbo guy contacted him wanting to buy it for "core charge" at $50. :rofl: Saying thats all a 200 mile stocker was worth.

Guy was kinda a dick tbh. But to each their own.

Hmmm, sounds like Russel. :roflmao:

lil bleur

Oct 6, 2015
York PA
No I haven't sent one your way yet, but I am planning to send one once It is available. I'll get pic later, might be awhile cz I'm terribly busy right now. I'll get around to it eventually! :D
Sorry to hear that. :(

Did you ever put one in the mail my direction?

Yellowchevy