Godspeed turbos?

Summitlly

Motorsport Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2013
MI
Wondering if anyone here has used any of these turbos? I see him on Facebook and his stuff looks nice. Looking for any feedback on the performance of these.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I can't confirm but I have heard godspeed stuff is Chinese junk. When I was researching which wastegate to buy I came across godspeed and the general word was that it was junk.

EDIT: Just looked at his FB page and if i had to guess, this is not the same godspeed I'm referring to.

Duramax One

Vote for Pedro
Aug 11, 2012
Oroville, CA
EDIT: Just looked at his FB page and if i had to guess, this is not the same godspeed I'm referring to.

I'm with you on that one. The Godspeed turbos I'm used to seeing are $400 Chinese knockoffs intended for ricers who think their 14 second Honda is all that. The Chinese turbos aren't Garretts, so this guy is already much more legit.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Looks like he does half decent work. I'd call him and see what else he does to turbos. Anyone can slap a bigger/billet wheel in a charger and make it look pretty with paint. Matching turbine flow with compressor flow is what will really matter.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
I can't confirm but I have heard godspeed stuff is Chinese junk. When I was researching which wastegate to buy I came across godspeed and the general word was that it was junk.

It's not the same. The Godspeed "chinese junk" company you're referring to makes wastegates and other turbo related stuff aimed at the import community. I've used their stuff, never been disappointed. Especially considering they're quite a bit cheaper than the name brand stuff.

The God Speed turbo page on FB looks familiar for some reason, can't put my finger on it but what looks so great about someone knocking together stock turbos with billet wheels and shiny paint? Plenty of known, trusted sources out there. Unless this guy is considerably cheaper or somehow making more power. It wouldn't be worth the risk.

Summitlly

Motorsport Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2013
MI
I read some of his posts. It sounds like he tested some on Danville's dyno with marks tuning. I think his 68mm is $1150. My guess would be stock veins and no exhaust side porting and such

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
He uses KTS Billet wheels which are made in Indonesia. Nothing like a few Pepsi cans melted down. :roflmao:

I guess if you are spending half the money expect what you pay for, half the performance and half the durability... or just call it real and buy from a real turbo builder not a pop up over night shop.

The turbo market has turned into the "tuning world" everybody and their brother pops up over night claiming to be a "tuner" just like they are now with turbos always having a new "turbo shop" or "turbo builder" popping up every 5 sec.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
He uses KTS Billet wheels which are made in Indonesia. Nothing like a few Pepsi cans melted down. :roflmao:

I guess if you are spending half the money expect what you pay for, half the performance and half the durability... or just call it real and buy from a real turbo builder not a pop up over night shop.

The turbo market has turned into the "tuning world" everybody and their brother pops up over night claiming to be a "tuner" just like they are now with turbos always having a new "turbo shop" or "turbo builder" popping up every 5 sec.

X2, couldn't have said it better myself Trevor! Even better when they use someone else's reputation to try to sell their crap, getting really old in a hurry!

Summitlly

Motorsport Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2013
MI
I figured these were going to be less than stellar. Did he actually test one on your dyno Mark? A friend of mine was asking me about this guy and I had never heard of him. I told him the same as others have said. Ya get what ya pay for

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Anyone that has to advertise on Craigslist is a joke. Half his "turbo info" I've seen him post places is terrible, and not even close to correct. Let alone have to use things like Marks and others reputation to sell anything. But hey at
least you can get any color Krylon cover you want!:gay:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I figured these were going to be less than stellar. Did he actually test one on your dyno Mark? A friend of mine was asking me about this guy and I had never heard of him. I told him the same as others have said. Ya get what ya pay for

No he didn't test one on my dyno, he gave a customer a killer deal on a turbo and sent him over to have it tuned. Customer wouldn't tell me where it came from but that he got a killer deal on it. So yes I tuned the truck on my dyno but was unaware what was going on. People pull this shit all the time. It's not the first time its happened and unfortunately won't be that last either.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Do not buy anything from that punk kid. He's a little kid that thinks he knows what he's doin when he actually has no clue. His shit is about as good as spray painted dog turds.

Summitlly

Motorsport Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2013
MI
No he didn't test one on my dyno, he gave a customer a killer deal on a turbo and sent him over to have it tuned. Customer wouldn't tell me where it came from but that he got a killer deal on it. So yes I tuned the truck on my dyno but was unaware what was going on. People pull this shit all the time. It's not the first time its happened and unfortunately won't be that last either.

This is what I expected. That sucks. That's kinda why I made this thread. I'll definitely contact you when I upgrade. Thanks mark.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
If you want a great turbo and great customer service my vote is mark at danville:thumb: