Godspeed turbos?

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Half of the Facebook pages are either self promoting or nut swinging pages.

I get tagged on these pages and threads now and again, and you go look and its just nut swinging left and right..........so I spend very little time on them.

Seems like everyone with a V2 and a Laptop is a tuner, anyone with a lift and trans jack and parts washer is a trans builder, anyone with a lathe or CNC is an expert now at CP3 mods or Turbo Building and anyone with a welder and a pipe bender is a turbo kit builder.

:roflmao:

If I was buying any of the above mentioned items, including any custom Turbo, it would be from Mark or another reputable and well known builder or from a reliable and well known company.

:thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
It is intriguing that he is using ceramic ball bearings in Borg turbos. I wouldn't mind trying one of them out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you want to try ceremic bearings, I would call CRT Technologies instead. (Midwest Turbo)
Comp Turbo has used them for years also, among many other custom builders. Sometimes they aren't a cost effective upgrade from high quality steel depending on ID/OD requirements and the design/purpose of the turbo.

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
He is in cohorts with Engineered Diesel. I am giving one of his 68mm VGTs a try. He said he machines out the ex side to 71mm and uses a turbine that is 7 grams lighter than the stock 3794 turbine. I got the turbo yesterday and was a little disappointed cause it is obviously a used turbo. He could at least die grind the up pipe flange a bit more. Also it was dripping what seemed like used engine oil from the drain hole.:rofl:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It'll be a really great deal when it lets go

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
He is in cohorts with Engineered Diesel. I am giving one of his 68mm VGTs a try. He said he machines out the ex side to 71mm and uses a turbine that is 7 grams lighter than the stock 3794 turbine. I got the turbo yesterday and was a little disappointed cause it is obviously a used turbo. He could at least die grind the up pipe flange a bit more. Also it was dripping what seemed like used engine oil from the drain hole.:rofl:

Wow, hopefully she holds up.
Larger but yet lighter than the 3794/LLY turbine wheel? Interesting.
I'll clean it up for free(up pipes and all) if you want to send it my why. I'm curious to see what they look like.

Yellowchevy

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
I just might take you up on that! How many days would you take to clean it up??
I'll clean it up for free(up pipes and all) if you want to send it my why. I'm curious to see what they look like.

Yellowchevy

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

Yellowchevy

Free turbo work, I'm in, I still have a LMM turbo needing to sell off...:woott:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
One thing leads to another, IF I pulled the turbo would definitely have to install some up pipes from PPE or Profab as it is only 6 more bolts but another $450.00 plus dollars. Then downhill from there and I'll need a transmission, never ending..... :mad:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
It'll be a really great deal when it lets go

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well....his phrase under his avatar is, "Its all good until.....BOOM!" I guess he really does want to find out what'll happen.

Crazy that anyone would use parts from a total unknown without vetting them thoroughly first.
A business should do their testing on their own dime, not their customer's.
Its just too damn expensive to have to rebuild a f-up.