Godspeed turbos?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Nothing against Danville, they are awesome guys and have some amazing products but the best customer service experience I've had was when I had my turbo done by Russell (yellowchevy) he does absolutely amazing work and stand behind his product 1000% even long after the sale. I love my new turbo is screams :thumb:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Anyone that has to advertise on Craigslist is a joke. Half his "turbo info" I've seen him post places is terrible, and not even close to correct. Let alone have to use things like Marks and others reputation to sell anything. But hey at
least you can get any color Krylon cover you want!:gay:

They look very shinny, he might use dupicolor!!! haha:roflmao:

Thanks for the kind works Sean, it means a lot.:thumb::hug:(No homo!)

Mark has alot more knowledge than I do with turbos, and he's very helpful in answering any questions you have when you talk with him. As others have said, he makes great turbo's. Would I love for everybody to come to me for turbo's, absolutely!!!:hello:
But, I'd rather people understand their different options, characteristics, and make their own decision based on their goals/what they use the pickup for and of coarse give recommendations on what I know.

Happy customers and building relations are MUCH more important to me than just making a sale like this godspeed person sounds to be doing.

Sorry to the OP'er for the left turn.

Yellowchevy

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Mark is incredibly smart with turbos. He will really blow your mind if you get into some deep conversations with him about turbo stuff. I don't think most people understand how much thought and time he puts into all his turbos. Has real numbers and tons of experience on every piece before it leaves his shop. Mark has some of the best costumer service in the business, especially for the amount of traffic that runs through that shop. I know people like options but his stuff is top notch. He will be doing all my turbo stuff until one or the two of us give up on diesels.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I hadn't talked to or done any business with Mark unti recently. However after just a short time on the phone I could tell he was one of the most knowledgeable people I've spoken with in this business and I learned a few things myself.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Nothing against Danville, they are awesome guys and have some amazing products but the best customer service experience I've had was when I had my turbo done by Russell (yellowchevy) he does absolutely amazing work and stand behind his product 1000% even long after the sale. I love my new turbo is screams :thumb:

Russell is VERY customer oriented and strives to keep it that way. its always a pleasure to talk with him on the phone :D

I hadn't talked to or done any business with Mark unti recently. However after just a short time on the phone I could tell he was one of the most knowledgeable people I've spoken with in this business and I learned a few things myself.

Absolutely. First time i talked with him, it was about suspension setup for his low rider. What was suppose to be "get me this, this, and this measurment and ill get back to you on choices" turned into a 40 min convo about suspension, trucks, turbos, business, racing ect lol.

its great to have guys like him and Russ in the industry as well as so many others we have as vendors on this board. its very cool :D

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I did some more research on this god speed guy. Looks like he has "his own" 72mm drop in vvt. He has no data to back it up and is telling people to purchase it and that dyno testing will be available in a few weeks...he is asking $1400. For 1400 bucks I can't imagine you are getting much of a turbo. He also appears to have somehow managed to stuff a 72mm wheel in a stock comp housing.

I asked him a bunch of questions about his 72, we will see what he says.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Good luck

He was posting a S3 369 made to fit a stock front IHI cover and calling it a legal stock appearing turbo. The only problem is you have to use a pedestal. When questioned he said he was making covers to cover up the aftermarket pedestal so you couldn't see it. lol When I called him out on it the tread got deleted.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
I always see him pushing his shit on fb. The worst part is all the people in groups think he's a good builder and tag him to help push his shit. Makes me cringe just like the best transmission builder question....

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
It is intriguing that he is using ceramic ball bearings in Borg turbos. I wouldn't mind trying one of them out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I asked him about the ball bearings. He seems to think they're better than what garrett uses..but still doesn't have any real reliability information to report. He's a nice enough guy, but I still have my doubts about anything he sells.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
I know it isn't always directly linked but for some reason it always raises a red flag when an internet "innovator" can't use basic spelling, grammar or punctuation when trying to sling their latest greatest.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Longhorn fab shop who does the god speed turbos isn't much better then the hicktown performance group not an hour or so away from each other.. I won't do business with either of them

Edit: God speed and longhorn are "separate" yet very close according to the guy I talked to...
Also said they got some moonshine on their 72mm version with dual pumps.. Was vague on specs.. From a stock LLY to built something

The amount of oh's, umm's and aah's in a 5 minutes conversation makes me question the guy's knowledge of said product

Last edited:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I got these pictures from a supplier so I didn't see them first hand/put my hands on them. Just a reminder that you need to be careful where you buy parts and do your research.

uploadfromtaptalk1453911522716.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453911535712.jpg

Yellowchevy

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1453911522716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1453911522716.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 170
  • uploadfromtaptalk1453911535712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1453911535712.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 178