Dynoing the Nira ECM

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I dyno'd my Atari ecm from Mordor and made 1001 hp. I was running my quadruple vp44 belt driven fueling system that I custom made, along with my custom flex hose intake. I then backed it up with a 3.04 @ 354mph 1/4 mile. I'll dig up the time slip later.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
So wait your telling me your running cp3s off cog belts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes we do, this is the same belt that we use on Jesel belt drives. I designed this to be able to under drive the CP3.3 pumps and use the belt as a fuse so to say . its better to strip the teeth off a belt then crash a pair of pumps and injectors
Additionally the retired Bosch Engineers at Exergy feel that its important to use this to time the two pumps and allow even output pluses, to the Scorpion rail .

here is a closer look

IMAG0128%201_zpsoaggtav8.jpg

IMAG0130_zpsow6ivlhg.jpg

here is the mandrel that come thru the front cover

IMAG1184_zpss7wgbh3e.jpg

Last edited:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
My goal is to make the Chevy Duramax the next small block for engine transplants in to everyday hot rodder's cars and boats . This engine makes scene , it will bolt in any where you can fit a BBC. I talkdr Mike Wood in to tossing his LS mustang project and going to a Duramax ,and worked very closely on that project. That car was a dream to drive and would achieve 30+ MPG and run over 200 mph . The goal I have in not one off 3 turbots and 4 pump installs but a basically stock engine with stock relocated turbo. I want to see AC and power steering with 500 hp and 700 ft. lbs torque with 30 MPG .

There are several new ECM's coming on the scene , the Nira is one of them. I see the price coming down dramatically. The Nira has come down 50% over the last 3 years . There are others that use the Stock ECM's coming soon , one from Bosch.

the future is bright for the diesel power plant as an alternative to gas for street machine. This is bringing the mainstream in to the mix. I use my connections to the mainstream manufactures lobby everyday. Helping people like Edelbrock recognize the potential of the diesel engine is key to growth

I did a mainstream article with Drag illustrated recently , and I do MotorTrend / Autoworld Radio ever few weeks and feel I'm doing my part for diesel. Thank you to the many PM's of support ,

dragillustrated201501-1420095180000a5771bce93-pp-page-001_zps4344f84b.jpg

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm so lost in the bs I don't even know what's going on..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It will never happen. Cost(both initial and build), weight and size all work against it. That and the extra cooling required meaning bigger rad, more piping for an intercooler makes it an ignorant fit for many vehicles and not an economical choice.
It's a cool swap for those that want to spend the money, but becoming mainstream, as much as many want it to, not a chance.

Keep dreaming and inflating your ego bud. Soon enough your sponsors will catch on that you're all talk and dump you faster than a construction worker turd in a porta potty. Probably be the fastest you ever go too.
Bragging about beating banks with a 10.82 on an 9.8 sec dial? And then again about an 8.5 you ran in a DRAGSTER? At an event you never even qualified for? Gimme a break. How's your PDRA season going? Oh right it's not. Just more BS talk.

Beat it ego troll.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
My goal is to make the Chevy Duramax the next small block for engine transplants in to everyday hot rodder's cars and boats . This engine makes scene , it will bolt in any where you can fit a BBC. I talkdr Mike Wood in to tossing his LS mustang project and going to a Duramax ,and worked very closely on that project. That car was a dream to drive and would achieve 30+ MPG and run over 200 mph . The goal I have in not one off 3 turbots and 4 pump installs but a basically stock engine with stock relocated turbo. I want to see AC and power steering with 500 hp and 700 ft. lbs torque with 30 MPG .]
Been there done that.. Wasn't fancy smancy about it... LBZ/4L85E
478354_3675149710914_801172450_o.jpg

reminds me of steve Cole and TTS

someone elses fancy version
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44381
IMG_1444_zpsd302748c.jpg

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Been there done that.. Wasn't fancy smancy about it... LBZ/4L85E
478354_3675149710914_801172450_o.jpg

reminds me of steve Cole and TTS

someone elses fancy version
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44381
IMG_1444_zpsd302748c.jpg
Except Steve disappeared after his fast trucks did also and everyone else was passing him. The Ass-face of Diesel just keeps circling the bowl in a delusional state of narcissism out for only himself.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I could care less about all the drama....Greg what facts can you disclose about the Edelbrock heads ? They were mentioned some time ago and we never heard anything about them again till this post....

you will be amazed at what's on their web page

http://frankensteinracingheads.com/

never said it was on their page , its neat to see who they are and the vast capability of the people doing the design work

You may not have said it was on their page but it was certainly implied...
I also looked at their customer page and noticed you're not on it, obviously they don't think as highly of you as you do of them...

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
It will never happen. Cost(both initial and build), weight and size all work against it. That and the extra cooling required meaning bigger rad, more piping for an intercooler makes it an ignorant fit for many vehicles and not an economical choice.
It's a cool swap for those that want to spend the money, but becoming mainstream, as much as many want it to, not a chance.

and people like you are the problem, the diesel as an alternative to the gas motor in a street rod does not need a bigger radiator , 500 hp worth of heat is 500 hp. . Why do you believe you need an intercooler, you can cruse on 2 or 3 lbs. of boost . In the mustang once you got over a few lbs. of boost you better be pointed straight , because it was go time.

dropping a motor out of a truck in a car with out changing bracket is just crazy . I'm currently working with a major bracket and belt drive manufactory to do a better front drive for the Dmax in a street rod. The turbo must be relocated as well . This is not a engine to be worked like in a truck, so oil coolers and filters are relocated or eliminated.

You have to think out side of the typical diesel box , big boost is not necessary in this application . Snow boost cooler has a great system that applies water as the boost level rises .

as to my ego , me thinks your a little green with envy. I have plenty of support both with in the diesel world , and mainstream manufactures

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
as to my ego , me thinks your a little green with envy. I have plenty of support both with in the diesel world , and mainstream manufactures

We aren't jealous, we don't like you because you act like a fuking tool.

And you have used the word mainstream about 12 times in this thread. Outside of this thread I have still never heard of you so you are NOT mainstream like you think.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I wish you would bring your rail to some actual diesel drag races, race John, Schied and Jeff Dean. You go to some of the races and so far have mostly set on jack stands in the pits. I have never seen where you actually made a field that had more entries then spots to qualify for. You bragging about putting John on the trailer is about like claiming a win when you have a bye. It wasn't even a race. You won but it was/is totally meaningless in reality.

Before you can impress the, "main stream" you need to impress the diesel folks who know as much or more about making big power with #2 then you do.

You are such a narcissistic SOB that you come on these diesel forums and expect folks to fawn bow down to you as you spout your drivel.

It ain't working Greg, show up, shut up and race, prove something on the track, so far all you've proved is you are still about one IQ point from being classified a narcissistic moron.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Funny stuff

He is lost from 10 years ago! Anything he has done, 10 years ago! Diesel swaps many done, 10 years ago! Lol Greg is like the president, if he doesn't like the question he will answer his own question with a lie!!!! He is a cancer that needs kemo. Just shut up and race the damn car!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Dmitri vs Greg. Same track, different ego's, atleast dbag has broken parts to prove what kind of power he makes on a dyno..

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Did this thing ever make a full pass at TS? I saw him have it bouncing off the limiter in staging and it sounded like a massive set of jet engines. Then the light went green and he went maybe 25ft lol? Never cared to watch the rest of the time. Worry about making consistent passes before anything else would seem to be more important then what it does on a dyno with some Swedish ECM, but to each their own. :spit:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Did this thing ever make a full pass at TS? I saw him have it bouncing off the limiter in staging and it sounded like a massive set of jet engines. Then the light went green and he went maybe 25ft lol? Never cared to watch the rest of the time. Worry about making consistent passes before anything else would seem to be more important then what it does on a dyno with some Swedish ECM, but to each their own. :spit:
Maybe Ikea is his next sponsor he can grease up for chairs so he can be comfortable at the keyboard races.

Like Jeff said, everything he has done-10 years ago. He said he was racing PDRA-hasn't made a pass yet, was going to be the fastest diesel in the world, hasn't made a pass yet faster than 8.5. All this in a RAIL!

All talk. And no I'm not jealous of someone who is washed up and a publicity whore. I'd rather be the quiet one in the corner that does it on his own and makes a name for himself consistently beating the competition BEFORE running my mouth and going with big time sponsors.

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Maybe Ikea is his next sponsor he can grease up for chairs so he can be comfortable at the keyboard races.

You're on to something I think. Sponsored by Ikea, Logitech, K-Y, Kleenex, Prozac, and Harbor Freight (for the jack stands.)