Dual MAF sensor conversion box

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Is anyone interested in a module like this?

It would let you run parallel twin turbos, with two MAF sensors, one on each bank/intake.

It takes both MAF sensor signals, adds/averages them together, and multiplexes them into one signal wire that you can then feed into the ECM.

This would be much better than just running one MAF sensor on one bank, and then spending forever to dial in your MAF flow rate table...which is kind of hack because you have to halve the whole table, etc...and you arent getting a true reading of mass airflow thats going into the engine when you datalog it.

I designed it as sort of a one-off for a twin turbo marine application, but figured I would see if there was any interest for a few other people to help spread out the cost......

Ben

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
What kind of money would something like that cost you think? I would be interested depending on cost.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ill have to work up a price, probably not too expensive.

The box has some "smart" logic/fault diagnostics built into it...there an LED on the module to blink error codes.

Fault 1: if the two MAF sensors differ by more than 10lbs, it sends a signal to the ECM to set a P0101.

Fault 2: MAF sensor 1 is reading lower than .3v (open circuit) or higher than 4.7v (short to +5v)

Fault 3: MAF sensor 2 is reading lower than .3v (open circuit) or higher than 4.7v (short to +5v)

Theres a "program" button on the module to completely disable the diagnostics if you want it to not care about MAF sensor errors or discrepancies....

Ben

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Sounds like a great doohicky. I would be in for 1 when I do twins, but that's a little ways down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Ben, I don't know how much of a market you will find for guys running parallel twins, but I could see it also being marketed to guys with triples. They usually run two filters and intake pipes also. Sounds like a cool product.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Ben, I don't know how much of a market you will find for guys running parallel twins, but I could see it also being marketed to guys with triples. They usually run two filters and intake pipes also. Sounds like a cool product.

I was literally just thinking the same thing. I have no use for this product but it still impresses the hell out of me.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I would take one for my tripple kit. It really is a horrible reading when you have another turbo bringing in air through another 4" hole lol.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Ditch the MAF. Speed density all the way on boosted LS stuff

And the tuners around here are ditchinp the maps and going all maf on the gas stuff. Helped somebody with one tuned by blackbear. He kept popping the intake boot off at the throttle body, and it would flood out everytime because it only used the maf sensor.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Would this work on gas setups running an ls1b ecm?

I would have to make some software changes, because the 2007.5+ Duramax MAF sensor reads from ~1100Hz at idle to ~9000Hz at full throttle...LS1 reads ~4000Hz to 12,000Hz.....but yes, it could work on LS1b applications too..

Ben

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
How about some kind of (non DSP) two step/rev control for us guys leaning on a converter...., even with a Trans brake ��. Any way to do that without buying a $10k Bosch stand alone..