Diesel Power Challenge results

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Sorry guys. I got some tuning done to my truck friday and got a whole in a piston. Might have had something to do with 1920 torque at 2500 rpm. Not good for a duramax. I still got to go watch the dyno and drag racing. I learned a lot in two days. It will take a crasy bad truck to win by next year. I am going to work to build mine. I hate to have let gm fans down. I will try to make up for it next year. I had a good truck, but it would not have won this year. Owen

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for representing us and taking adversity well.

What were you running for pistons? Stockers, cut stockers, LB7, etc.?

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Sorry guys. I got some tuning done to my truck friday and got a whole in a piston. Might have had something to do with 1920 torque at 2500 rpm. Not good for a duramax. I still got to go watch the dyno and drag racing. I learned a lot in two days. It will take a crasy bad truck to win by next year. I am going to work to build mine. I hate to have let gm fans down. I will try to make up for it next year. I had a good truck, but it would not have won this year. Owen
\

That's too bad Owen, I was wondering what had happened to you, I was hoping you didn't have trouble at home with all the rain that country has had the past week.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Congrats to all those who were selected!:hug:

Just getting there makes you a winner in my eyes.:thumb:

Rating the engines on torque was lame at the first DPC, and remains just as lame today.

It encourages people to blow up their engines. Too expensive IMO.

Braking event makes as little sense as a roadracing event or a top speed event. These are very powerful pickups, but they actually aren't sportscars.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Congrats to all those who were selected!:hug:

Just getting there makes you a winner in my eyes.:thumb:

Rating the engines on torque was lame at the first DPC, and remains just as lame today.

It encourages people to blow up their engines. Too expensive IMO. Agreed!

Braking event makes as little sense as a roadracing event or a top speed event. These are very powerful pickups, but they actually aren't sportscars.

As to the braking, I have mixed emotions. Yes these aren't sports cars by any means, but these trucks are becoming VERY powerfull and a lot of money is spent making them such (motors, tranny's, axles, suspension, etc), but often times safety is overlooked. Many big power trucks are rolling on bigger tires and wheels and after all these are supposed to be "street" trucks. Making sure owners compensate for stopping these monsters isn't a bad thing. I don't think it should hold as much merit as the dyno, drag, or pull, but I'm glad to see it factored in. I see guys (in all types of vehicles) that are pulling loads that they are able (powerwise) to pull, but could not stop safely if the need arose as the braking systems were not meant for the added stress.

I know on my gasser that braking sucks when towing and it much better with my diesel from the factory (much larger and better brakes), but put 20K behind it and a good motor with big tires, brakes need to be addressed (remember you, I, and your kids are on the road with these idiots).

My .02 :hug:

Edit: If nothing else, it shows the "community" that diesel enthusiests are trying to be responsible. With all the anti-smoke press, anything positive in the media is a good thing (nomatter how small).

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
So does anyone know exactly what the rules are for the braking event? Are they just stopping the truck or are they connected to a trailer which would be insane in my opinion. Whole thing should be over pretty quick I'd think

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
;)The Winner is D****i:cool2:
It should be, the Parker Dodge is pretty close to him, but I don't know how it did in the trailer pull. Dimitri had two firsts and a third for 5 points. Parker had two seconds and I don't know how he did in the trailer pull, I have to assume pretty good if he didn't totally screw things up. If he finished second then he has 6 total points. He would have to beat Dimitri by two places in the sled pull to win, I don't think any of the other trucks have a realistic shot at winning. Better hope it was a firm track for Dimitri, those Proxy's will not fare will if its a soft track.

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Dennis Perry just told he Dimitri won, they are announcing it right now at the Wah Bah. Congratulations Dimitri, god is it going to be difficult to live with him now.:D

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I said in another thread that Dmitri was the heavy favorite... and guess what I was right. Congrats Dmitri!!!!!! You will not meet a nicer guy that is all about Duramax's in Dmitri.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Didn't the Mosquite Bandido read the threads about the impellers coming loose on the water pumps on the high hp dmax's, especially the LB7's? You are suppose to weld or key them. You and Mat are doing great Dimitri, way to represent the dmax's, but you will be an insufferable ****er to be around if you win this thing:nana:, can probably finish way down in the sled pull and still do it. I hope Mat got his turbo fixed, shit luck frying a bearing. Good going you guys.:thumb:
this is new nfo and a total thread dearil to me,but why on earht would this really be needed???