Diesel Power Challenge results

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So far so good for the Dmax guys.

Say, who's Dave Sanders? Thats not a name I recognize.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
The impeller came off the shaft of the water pump on dmitris truck. They've got a new one installed but he said it sounds aweful, hopefully it works. I hope its just a normal sub par gear on the pump.

I'm really hoping thats what it is. It sounds aweful but it's cooling better than before . :thumb: Think I got home at 1:30 after that.
I think they said they would post more results as we began the sled pull. We were at music city raceway in goodlettsville, tn. Owen's motor let go last week on a dyno pull he said.

Last edited:

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
Holy Crap... If things finish as they are now, Dimitri will be UNBEARABLE... :thumb:

LOL

Give 'em HELL Team D-max...

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
The impeller came off the shaft of the water pump on dmitris truck. They've got a new one installed but he said it sounds aweful, hopefully it works. I hope its just a normal sub par gear on the pump.

Didn't the Mosquite Bandido read the threads about the impellers coming loose on the water pumps on the high hp dmax's, especially the LB7's? You are suppose to weld or key them. You and Mat are doing great Dimitri, way to represent the dmax's, but you will be an insufferable ****er to be around if you win this thing:nana:, can probably finish way down in the sled pull and still do it. I hope Mat got his turbo fixed, shit luck frying a bearing. Good going you guys.:thumb:

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
Over all
Millard
Parker
Jelick
Handwork
Mintern
Corsilli
Dow
Garey
Berges
Woodhouse
Gammel
Sanders
Randall
Evans - quit

Only have the sled left. We're on the mileage test ATM. Dustin and Matt are tied for 4th.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Didn't the Mosquite Bandido read the threads about the impellers coming loose on the water pumps on the high hp dmax's, especially the LB7's? You are suppose to weld or key them. You and Mat are doing great Dimitri, way to represent the dmax's, but you will be an insufferable ****er to be around if you win this thing:nana:, can probably finish way down in the sled pull and still do it. I hope Mat got his turbo fixed, shit luck frying a bearing. Good going you guys.:thumb:

Ken
Dimitri won't change a bit if he wins; he is allready insufferable. :rofl::D:hug::thumb:

Last edited:

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN

We had a welder but as many said to tack it as said it could possible ruin the seals. think he might get one and key it. the impeller was actually cracked from the shaft out.
Chris did Matt get get his turbo swapped?

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
We had a welder but as many said to tack it as said it could possible ruin the seals. think he might get one and key it. the impeller was actually cracked from the shaft out.
Chris did Matt get get his turbo swapped?

We welded ours no problem, I'm thinking having the impeller turned down some might not be a bad idea either, you don't need to move that much coolant, especially in a race truck, would probably add a bit more hp too. I think the real solution is go with an external electric one.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
What does the track look like?? Hope it is hard and tacky for Dimitri, if it's is very loose I don't think his Proxes will do to good

Been wet as hell there, maybe it's packed down. I considered using drag radials and siping them, but like proxes wouldn't work too good if it were loose. Wonder what happened to Dimitri in the drag race? I figured he'd walk away with that using what he did for tires, Over power the track? Maybe squeezed it bit too much?

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Been wet as hell there, maybe it's packed down. I considered using drag radials and siping them, but like proxes wouldn't work too good if it were loose. Wonder what happened to Dimitri in the drag race? I figured he'd walk away with that using what he did for tires, Over power the track? Maybe squeezed it bit too much?

Hmm if it's been wet and and they have done a good job packing the track he might be in luck. I have seen street tires actually squeal and lay rubber on a real hard packed track, that would be good for him.

The sled is also gonna play a big part. If the sled is light and lets the trucks get some speed up and lets them pull 300 feet or more the tire won't play as big of role cause with his power he could build some serious speed and the momentum would carry him through. If the sled puts it on them right away, he'll break the tires loose and all the power will be useless

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all

I think Matt was going to run Drs too.

boss760

Mar 8, 2010
Clarkrange, TN
Looked to me like Dimitri won by 107 Ft/lbs on the torque and 259 on the HP at 1212 hp and 1792 ft.lbs if what they posted is correct, Congratulations Dimitri, you must have been in that squirrel cage running like mad.:D I can only find numbers for 4 of the Dmax's nothing for Owen Horst. Did he not make the trip? Dmax's did 1, 3, 9, and 10. Congratulations to Mat Handwork too, 869 and 1663 is damn good as well.

Sorry guys. I got some tuning done to my truck friday and got a whole in a piston. Might have had something to do with 1920 torque at 2500 rpm. Not good for a duramax. I still got to go watch the dyno and drag racing. I learned a lot in two days. It will take a crasy bad truck to win by next year. I am going to work to build mine. I hate to have let gm fans down. I will try to make up for it next year. I had a good truck, but it would not have won this year. Owen