Broviak built his so I guess I'll build mine too

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I'll take my 72mm VGT over any twin kit that is over a stock turbo because the driveability is alot better with the single VGT.

This is something I've really been putting some thought into. Would you prefer your 72 or a s480 over the 68? Ibis thinking 72 for cost reasons but I'm not sure which way to go.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
This is something I've really been putting some thought into. Would you prefer your 72 or a s480 over the 68? Ibis thinking 72 for cost reasons but I'm not sure which way to go.

I would go to the 72mm before twinning it but that is just me. Twins are great for peak power and towing but lack in the daily driving department. The videos of my 72mm VGT as a single on my truck are proof enough why feel this way.:thumb:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I would go to the 72mm before twinning it but that is just me. Twins are great for peak power and towing but lack in the daily driving department. The videos of my 72mm VGT as a single on my truck are proof enough why feel this way.:thumb:

I saw the video and was hoping this is what you would say^.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Mark, did your 72 start off as a stock charger or a 4094VA?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
The 72mm as a single is really fun to drive, super reliable and a really stock appearing install. I would recomend this setup to anyone. I ran it all last year on an lly and have no complaints at all. It makes all the power that you can use practically or actually hook up on the street.

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
The 72mm as a single is really fun to drive, super reliable and a really stock appearing install. I would recomend this setup to anyone. I ran it all last year on an lly and have no complaints at all. It makes all the power that you can use practically or actually hook up on the street.

I love the 72 on my lmm as well and once me and tony had some seat time we cracked that pos underbody code the truck is great! Adds a good punch and eventually would like to twin off over it. The sad part is the wow factor wore off and now I want big fuel to make some serious balls! This shit never ends...:(

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
I can honestly say iv never been in a duramax with a real twin setup with two after market chargers I have although spent some time behind a bad twined cummins and it drove unbelievably well... Is there any reason a duramax wouldn't act the same this truck has a 75 inducer on the top charger and I believe an 100 or larger on the bottom.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007

:thumb:

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Well, here's the update.....I pulled the motor back out to investigate the leak, found I had a bad valve cover that wouldn't seal. Mark and I put everything back together and I finally fired it up last night... NO LEAKS.....Its been a long 2 months. I have to put the front clip and the driveline back in it tonight, then I will drive it tomorrow and let Mark make some noise on the dyno. Shooting for over 800 hp!!!!!!

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Short Block

Here's some eye candy!

Attachments

• block2.jpg
    block2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Block.jpg
    Block.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 112
  • block3.jpg
    block3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 103

WI Huck

Where does the time go?
Feb 8, 2012
Looks great. Hopefully you will have as much luck with this motor as the last one! 650 on a stock bottom end? What is this world coming to? :thumb:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Well, the truck made it to work......We'll see if Mark makes some noise on the dyno today!!!!
Can't wait to see what this truck puts down. This is very similar to the setup I will be running for next year(or maybe this fall if funds allow).